⚡Slumerican⚡

Rb issues and Quinn

63 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, rings639 said:

He had a thread a few weeks ago about Quinn screwing Ollison out of rookie of the year because he isn’t getting playing time.  I’ve stopped trying to reason with him or see any logic in what’s being said.

Rookie of the year? Sounds like a Gazoo stateme nt. His Ryan hate makes it difficult to take him seriously, but ROY is even worse

Rings likes this

3 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep. The fans are done with Dan Quinn and Arthur Blank knows it. He doesn't want an empty stadium again in 2020 so Quinn is history.

Unless we are as good in the second half of thr season as we were  bad in the first half, this is true.

7 hours ago, rings639 said:

YPC is one of the most meaningless stats in football.  Fournette had -8 yards on 11 carries and then busted out a 60+ finishing the game with 4.4 YPC.  He single handedly wrecked multiple drives forcing a punt and only helped one drive and if you look at his stats for the game it looked ok, doesn’t tell the story at all.  Success rate is a much better way to evaluate if a RB is helping or hurting their team.

If you go backwards more than anyone else you are hurting the team.

What site had Teco rated #1 in pass blocking?

YPC meaningless? wtf did I just read lmao. I am sure even Barry Sanders had alot of negative plays (Free does this year too fyi). With Rbs it's all about busting that big run or two and creating the threat of a run. You are just rambling none sense. 

So you gonna tell me you will take Derrick Henrry over a Saquon or CMC because he consistently runs for 2 yards? 

Smh. 

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

YPC meaningless? wtf did I just read lmao. I am sure even Barry Sanders had alot of negative plays (Free does this year too fyi). With Rbs it's all about busting that big run or two and creating the threat of a run. You are just rambling none sense. 

So you gonna tell me you will take Derrick Henrry over a Saquon or CMC because he consistently runs for 2 yards? 

Smh. 

No, 2 yard runs runs aren’t considered a successful run.  I want RBs that put you in a better position to convert the next first down, which is the entire point of running on first down is to make 2nd and 3rd down more manageable.  If you go backwards and it’s now 2nd and 12 that isn’t helping the team.  I’m not alone in this train of thought, there are plenty of articles out there that explain why YPC is an outdated and deceiving stat.

Also, going from your stat and point on Saquon, he had one yard on 13 carries, under 0.1 YPC.  Is that good?

9 hours ago, rings639 said:

No, 2 yard runs runs aren’t considered a successful run.  I want RBs that put you in a better position to convert the next first down, which is the entire point of running on first down is to make 2nd and 3rd down more manageable.  If you go backwards and it’s now 2nd and 12 that isn’t helping the team.  I’m not alone in this train of thought, there are plenty of articles out there that explain why YPC is an outdated and deceiving stat.

Also, going from your stat and point on Saquon, he had one yard on 13 carries, under 0.1 YPC.  Is that good?

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb/2019

So you would take Tevin Coleman over Freeman this year and last?

FYI negative runs fluctuate from one year to the next. Freeman is less than average this year (-2 DVOA) and gets stuffed as much (success rate of 42%). 

Like I said you ramble none sense. TC averaging 4.8 yards means he's getting long runs to balance the failed ones, where as the 3.4 YPC guy is constantly running for 2 and 3 yarders. 

3 hours ago, Osiruz said:

https://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/rb/2019

So you would take Tevin Coleman over Freeman this year and last?

FYI negative runs fluctuate from one year to the next. Freeman is less than average this year (-2 DVOA) and gets stuffed as much (success rate of 42%). 

Like I said you ramble none sense. TC averaging 4.8 yards means he's getting long runs to balance the failed ones, where as the 3.4 YPC guy is constantly running for 2 and 3 yarders. 

I ramble nonsense because I have a different opinion than you?  That’s cute.  When we look at it your way, Coleman has the worst YPC on his team, you think it’s really him or the system?

You look at basic stats that are a century old, I look at advanced stats that more and more people that study football, analytics and tendencies are using.  You will not see it in main stream media because it would go over most common fans heads, and apparently to you as well.    Basics stats tell less of a story than advanced stats.  A one yard screen pass that goes for 50 yards is very misleading, an INT that hits a receiver in the hands and is picked is misleading, YPC can be misleading.  I like more context, which is why I like more advanced stats.

I personally want a RB that keeps drives alive and has more positive plays than negative ones, not one that has a home run everyone now and then to balance out otherwise mediocre performance.  That’s my preference, you are entitled to yours as well.

1 hour ago, rings639 said:

I ramble nonsense because I have a different opinion than you?  That’s cute.  When we look at it your way, Coleman has the worst YPC on his team, you think it’s really him or the system?

You look at basic stats that are a century old, I look at advanced stats that more and more people that study football, analytics and tendencies are using.  You will not see it in main stream media because it would go over most common fans heads, and apparently to you as well.    Basics stats tell less of a story than advanced stats.  A one yard screen pass that goes for 50 yards is very misleading, an INT that hits a receiver in the hands and is picked is misleading, YPC can be misleading.  I like more context, which is why I like more advanced stats.

I personally want a RB that keeps drives alive and has more positive plays than negative ones, not one that has a home run everyone now and then to balance out otherwise mediocre performance.  That’s my preference, you are entitled to yours as well.

It's all paralysis by over analysis. Freeman has the worst YPC on the Falcons as well, so must be a product of the system!

16 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

It's all paralysis by over analysis. Freeman has the worst YPC on the Falcons as well, so must be a product of the system!

That’s fine if it’s not your cup of tea, I get it isn’t for everyone.  Freeman has sucked both times in Koetters garbage rushing attack, it is 100% a product of the system.  His worst two years have come playing for Dirk in his scheme, who has had a bottom rushing attack for ten years, regardless of team, regardless of players.

Osiruz likes this

On 11/12/2019 at 11:06 PM, falcons007 said:

Falcons should release DQ.

that's not gonna happen to the end of the year

12 hours ago, rings639 said:

That’s fine if it’s not your cup of tea, I get it isn’t for everyone.  Freeman has sucked both times in Koetters garbage rushing attack, it is 100% a product of the system.  His worst two years have come playing for Dirk in his scheme, who has had a bottom rushing attack for ten years, regardless of team, regardless of players.

Which is why I preferred to hire Darrell Bevel but Quinn couldn't stop himself from Quinning. I still think Freeman is over the hill but Bevel would have made our other guys like Ito, and Q more effective. 

11 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Which is why I preferred to hire Darrell Bevel but Quinn couldn't stop himself from Quinning. I still think Freeman is over the hill but Bevel would have made our other guys like Ito, and Q more effective. 

I wouldn’t have been thrilled by it, but so many teams have gone OC for head coach lately that there aren’t a ton of good options.  As for Freeman, I’m more in the boat that he has lost a step vs over the hill, I think in a system that plays to his strengths he can still be a #1 back, just not sure we will ever get to see it again over the next two years, at which point he likely will be over the hill.

16 hours ago, RubberDucky said:

Im gonna die laughing if Ollison busts loose and runs hog wild all over the Panthers. Would really reinforce DQ's poor decision making.

It could very well happen