⚡Slumerican⚡

Rb issues and Quinn

63 posts in this topic

Honestly. Ollison may not be as good as we are making him out to be. He was projected as a 6th round-Priority free agent. Didn't light the world on fire in the preseason. I think we are just excited about a new toy that may or may not even be ready. 

k-train and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

7 minutes ago, GrimeyKidd said:

Honestly. Ollison may not be as good as we are making him out to be. He was projected as a 6th round-Priority free agent. Didn't light the world on fire in the preseason. I think we are just excited about a new toy that may or may not even be ready. 

Maybe, but I have absolutely no faith whatsoever that Quinn is capapble of judging who should be doing what so it would be nice to see him play and see for myself if he's ready or not. 

vitaman and ⚡Slumerican⚡ like this

7 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

And he studder steps around the hole and cannot not get around the edge any longer. Other than that he is your basic $58 Mil RB...

Exactly what I have been saying. He's just not that good anymore.  Time to move on...

14 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hold up hold up here DQ put Morris and Ulbrich in spots that helped the defense and we kicked ****e out of the Aints.

I dunno what to make of Quinn right now I dunno is there a method to this guys madness.I’m like WTF and was expecting nothing like the result we got in NO on the weekend.

Can this continue is the question.

My problem is that these moves were over a season past due. Morris was only in an offensive role because Quinn wanted to help his like minded high five buddy build a HC resume, as the main knock was he only understood defense. Morris has an impeccable resume as a defensive coach in general, and a DB coach in particular. I'm a hard appraiser. I don't give "attaboys" for making an obvious move two seasons too late.

If the defense improvement continues after changing Morris' role, I consider it one more nail in Quinn's HC coffin. It makes as much sense as asking Julio to switch to DB full time because no one understands a DB like a WR. Asking Julio to play deep safety twice a year on hail mary passes makes sense. Asking him to play safety full time would not.  Same with Morris: Asking him to give receivers input from a defensive perspective makes total sense. Asking him to coach WRs while DBs continue to under perform their talent level for two seasons does not. 

james b and The Smart One like this

14 hours ago, red falcon said:

Free has had ball security issues all season. 

Free isn’t fighting for playing time or trying to surpass people that have been in the league for playing time. That’s the difference. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

6 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

I hope that not firing him over the by week doesn't screw us long term. If the team goes on a run there's a chance Quinn comes back and that terrifies me. 

He is gone barring a play off run. AB probably made his decision and will take a lot more than winning few games to change it.

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

He is gone barring a play off run. AB probably made his decision and will take a lot more than winning few games to change it.

Yep. The fans are done with Dan Quinn and Arthur Blank knows it. He doesn't want an empty stadium again in 2020 so Quinn is history.

8 hours ago, Osiruz said:

Been saying the same thing, Free and Ito are like paper mache statues and these DEs know they can Mike Tyson them into oblivion. We need someone like TC or QO who can stand their ground and block. We could use Oliver's hard running between the tackles as well.  

Not sure why people have such a hard on for Tevin Coleman and think he is so good at pass blocking, Freeman was much better at it.  Ya, ya, bring up the super bowl.  Teco is thriving on the scheme he is in, people forget when he was here last year he had one of the highest percentages of carries resulting in lost yardage in the league at around 20%.

8 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Yep. The fans are done with Dan Quinn and Arthur Blank knows it. He doesn't want an empty stadium again in 2020 so Quinn is history.

Interesting.  How often do you and Blank talk?

35 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

26 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Interesting.  How often do you and Blank talk?

Steve and Arty are biker buddies.

PokerSteve and Rings like this

1 hour ago, rings639 said:

Not sure why people have such a hard on for Tevin Coleman and think he is so good at pass blocking, Freeman was much better at it.  Ya, ya, bring up the super bowl.  Teco is thriving on the scheme he is in, people forget when he was here last year he had one of the highest percentages of carries resulting in lost yardage in the league at around 20%.

Look at his YPC (4.8) and free's YPC (3.3). Sure he has negative plays, all rbs do. However overall he was really productive, and ya Freeman whiffs alot and not just in the superbowl but that's the most pronounced block where he whiffed in the spot light. He gets blown up alot by DEs, and Lbers and cannot sustain blocks like TC. TC had the highest pass blocking rate in the NFL last year. 

PokerSteve likes this

22 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So we signed a scrub Rb from Washington and promote Hill to #2 Rb all while Ollison and Senat ride wood.. I dont understand what Quinn has against Senat and Ollison but not doubt now it's real.. Quinn should just release the two guys so they can play elsewhere 

H e was signed to the ps. Allison is on the active roster. Wth are you talking about?

22 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So we signed a scrub Rb from Washington and promote Hill to #2 Rb all while Ollison and Senat ride wood.. I dont understand what Quinn has against Senat and Ollison but not doubt now it's real.. Quinn should just release the two guys so they can play elsewhere 

H e was signed to the ps. Allison is on the active roster. Wth are you talking about?

8 minutes ago, Osiruz said:

Look at his YP" and free's YPC. Sure he has negative plays, all rbs do. Howeve overall he was really productive, and ya Freeman whiffs alot and not just in the superbowl but that's the most pronounced block where he whiffed in the spot light. He gets blown up alot by DEs, and Lbers and cannot sustain blocks like TC. TC had the highest pass blocking rate in the NFL last year. 

YPC is one of the most meaningless stats in football.  Fournette had -8 yards on 11 carries and then busted out a 60+ finishing the game with 4.4 YPC.  He single handedly wrecked multiple drives forcing a punt and only helped one drive and if you look at his stats for the game it looked ok, doesn’t tell the story at all.  Success rate is a much better way to evaluate if a RB is helping or hurting their team.

If you go backwards more than anyone else you are hurting the team.

What site had Teco rated #1 in pass blocking?

15 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

And he studder steps around the hole and cannot not get around the edge any longer. Other than that he is your basic $58 Mil RB...

Both things you pointed out are more of an issue with the line than Free. We don’t run block well, holes are few and far between and the edge isn’t always set.  This is why I complain about play calling so much.  We are the most successful running the ball in multiple tight end sets, yet we continue to run more and more plays in single tight end sets.  It’s things like this as to why I want Dirk gone at the end of the year. 

EJTL92-WoAEDLzY?format=jpg&name=900x900

San Fran is the opposite, just as when Shanny was here, he runs more out of multiple RB sets and that’s where they are the most successful, but he knows his identity and plays to his strength, Koetter does not.

29 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

We have a few players thats on what we call a practice squad, all nfl teams have one. We can pick any position to sign we desire.. Quinn desired to pick a random scrub rb to sign to ours..pm me if you need help understanding what a practice squad is, ill try to explain it to ya

22 hours ago, Mescalito said:

If Freeman can’t go next week we’ll see Ollison for sure.  I definitely wanna see what he can do.  

I’d prefer freeman not go. I think Hill made freeman expendable since,  from what I got to see, out played him. Frees burst just isn’t there.

Mescalito and WhenFalconsWin like this

7 hours ago, rings639 said:

Both things you pointed out are more of an issue with the line than Free. We don’t run block well, holes are few and far between and the edge isn’t always set.  This is why I complain about play calling so much.  We are the most successful running the ball in multiple tight end sets, yet we continue to run more and more plays in single tight end sets.  It’s things like this as to why I want Dirk gone at the end of the year. 

EJTL92-WoAEDLzY?format=jpg&name=900x900

San Fran is the opposite, just as when Shanny was here, he runs more out of multiple RB sets and that’s where they are the most successful, but he knows his identity and plays to his strength, Koetter does not.

When I see say Hill go around the edge and beat the defenders and Free cannot not I have to disagree with you. Also, Free being indecisive when running between the tackles is on him as well. He is not the same Free you're thinking of 3 and 4 years ago. 

Osiruz and PokerSteve like this

6 minutes ago, Wardog357 said:

I’d prefer freeman not go. I think Hill made freeman expendable since,  from what I got to see, out played him. Frees burst just isn’t there.

Agreed. The eyes don't lie. It's obvious no longer can get around the edge and gain yards like Hill can. 

4 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

When I see say Hill gpo around the edge and beat the defenders and Free cannot not I have to disagree with you. Also, Free being indecisive when running between the tackles is on him as well. He is not the same Free you're thing of 3 and 4 years ago. 

People think Free fell off because he is older, he doesn’t do well in this scheme.  He looked slow and indecisive his rookie year under Dirk as well.  He thrives in a true outside zone scheme, like Florida State ran, like Shanny ran, like Sark ran.  Free likely has lost a step, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he gets into that scheme in the next two years he will look rejuvenized.

2 minutes ago, rings639 said:

People think Free fell off because he is older, he doesn’t do well in this scheme.  He looked slow and indecisive his rookie year under Dirk as well.  He thrives in a true outside zone scheme, like Florida State ran, like Shanny ran, like Sark ran.  Free likely has lost a step, that’s fine, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if he gets into that scheme in the next two years he will look rejuvenized.

It's possible, but I have my doubts. 3 years ago and several major injuries have taken a toll on him. I see a physical decline myself. 

22 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Ollison had ball security issues during the off season. How do you know that has been fixed? Dirk did say Ollison will get some carries with freeman out. 

You don't but he is on the team and we should give them a shot.  Put the new guy on the bench.  Or better yet.  Give the all snap time so the might have less chance of getting injured. :munch:

That's my take.  Hill should get plenty of playtime.  Plus the injuries our players got last weekend are not earth shattering.  They will be back in a couple of weeks.  DQ should be studying the panthers coach this week.  Hate when he is out coached when we have a team capable of putting down any threat posed by a rival conference team.

PokerSteve likes this

21 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

We have a few players thats on what we call a practice squad, all nfl teams have one. We can pick any position to sign we desire.. Quinn desired to pick a random scrub rb to sign to ours..pm me if you need help understanding what a practice squad is, ill try to explain it to ya

No your the one that doesnt understand. Your acting like Ollison will sit in favor of the new guy. Or maybe you know better and your being disinge eous? 

Standard to sign a rb to the ps when all 3 under contract are on the active roster. Its insurance im case of another injury

8 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

No your the one that doesnt understand. Your acting like Ollison will sit in favor of the new guy. Or maybe you know better and your being disinge eous? 

Standard to sign a rb to the ps when all 3 under contract are on the active roster. Its insurance im case of another injury

He had a thread a few weeks ago about Quinn screwing Ollison out of rookie of the year because he isn’t getting playing time.  I’ve stopped trying to reason with him or see any logic in what’s being said.