⚡Slumerican⚡

Rb issues and Quinn

63 posts in this topic

So we signed a scrub Rb from Washington and promote Hill to #2 Rb all while Ollison and Senat ride wood.. I dont understand what Quinn has against Senat and Ollison but not doubt now it's real.. Quinn should just release the two guys so they can play elsewhere 

Hold up hold up here DQ put Morris and Ulbrich in spots that helped the defense and we kicked ****e out of the Aints.

I dunno what to make of Quinn right now I dunno is there a method to this guys madness.I’m like WTF and was expecting nothing like the result we got in NO on the weekend.

Can this continue is the question.

Faithful Falcon likes this

Just now, Gold4425 said:

The man is stubborn!! It is part of the reason we are in the position we are in.

I think it’s extremely evident that Quinn was and has been in over his head.  Everything seems to be too little too late with him.  Can’t adapt.  

now if we go to Carolina and play defense even half as well as we did against the saints I’ll eat crow or whatever.  But if that happens it would mean that using Ulbrich and Morris as co-d coordinators could actually work, but then again that gets back into “too little too late.”

33 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Hold up hold up here DQ put Morris and Ulbrich in spots that helped the defense and we kicked ****e out of the Aints.

I dunno what to make of Quinn right now I dunno is there a method to this guys madness.I’m like WTF and was expecting nothing like the result we got in NO on the weekend.

Those moves may be too late, and the win is nothing to "build-on" because Tm changes are coming.

4 minutes ago, NWFALCON said:

Ollison had ball security issues during the off season. How do you know that has been fixed? Dirk did say Ollison will get some carries with freeman out. 

Free has had ball security issues all season. 

datchrisb1, Chaz, Osiruz and 4 others like this

1 hour ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

So we signed a scrub Rb from Washington and promote Hill to #2 Rb all while Ollison and Senat ride wood.. I dont understand what Quinn has against Senat and Ollison but not doubt now it's real.. Quinn should just release the two guys so they can play elsewhere 

You and the rest of TATF may never understand bro. If only we could be at the practices.

Not on TATF watching preseason beasts get off against 4th stringers that work at Quik Trip now.

I do think Ollison has potential though. Was probably the first to mention him here. Yall were like OlliWho?

2 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

You and the rest of TATF may never understand bro. If only we could be at the practices.

Not on TATF watching preseason beasts get off against 4th stringers that work at Quik Trip now.

I do think Ollison has potential though. Was probably the first to mention him here. Yall were like OlliWho?

Well...so would you be opposed to putting him in for a series or two and see what happens?

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Hill got his snaps by dominating against the quick trip crew, the only difference is Ollison looked alot better. Let the man play, or let him go and be a star somewhere else. The Dan Quinnery baffles me, especially considering he can pass block and is a better runner between the tackles. 

PokerSteve and Falcons Fan MVP like this

I think coming in to the year, in Quinn's mind, the only way Senat was going to be active is if Davison or Grady couldn't go. Senat can try play the same role as those 2 and in all fairness both Davison and Grady have to be playing.

Same way Tuioti-Mariner is probably the only replacement for the Cominsky role. Hence why he saw game time Sunday.

As the season goes on it will be interesting to see whether Senat gets a chance to show, with Davison on a 1 year contract and with money going to be so tight in the offseason. Would seem to make sense to figure out whether Senat is viable for next year since the season is dead.

PokerSteve and vitaman like this

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Not at all. Think he could be another Jason Snelling.

Big bruising RB. Can play some FB and special teams.

He'll get a shot eventually. Maybe Sunday.

You weren’t only one. I actually had him in my mock. And @Knight of Godwas one of the first people that I know that pointed out this kid. I’m of the same opinion, a you and KOG, that worst case he’s an athletic FB type who can catch passes, dynamically block and used to close out games and short yardage. 

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Makes him look like a genius. Putting coaching in their specialized positions that he moved them from.

m2Falcons and PokerSteve like this

7 hours ago, NWFALCON said:

Ollison had ball security issues during the off season. How do you know that has been fixed? Dirk did say Ollison will get some carries with freeman out. 

and Hill dropped an easy TD pass in the endzone that had a lot of us, me included, saying he should be cut immediately. He's doing fine now. I really don't remember Ollison with fumbling issues though, how many did he have? were any of them right at the goal line? Free seems to have had that issue his whole career, yet still plays as the number one. When he's not injured that is

1 hour ago, MSalmon said:

You weren’t only one. I actually had him in my mock. And @Knight of Godwas one of the first people that I know that pointed out this kid. I’m of the same opinion, a you and KOG, that worst case he’s an athletic FB type who can catch passes, dynamically block and used to close out games and short yardage. 

in other words, the exact back so many of us here have clamored for since MT33 was let go, and I'm not counting a worn out big back that was brought in who shouldn't have been

Chaz and m2Falcons like this

One thing when Free and Ito are in pass protection and those DL are coming full steam they   blow right through them because they are so light go back and look at film, it is how Ito got hurt. Ollison would give you more size to help out some of our weaker OL. Maybe he won't do better but I would like to see a few snaps.  But a very good pt. has been made. Maybe it hasn't been DQ'S decision maybe it was Dirks all the time? 

Osiruz likes this

9 hours ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

I don't know why Senate is always inactive; maybe the guys in front of him are better players. We've seen Senate play okay, but nothing more. As for Ollison, what makes you think he is any good? Ollison is bigger than the other backs, and that's it. Ollison doesn't seem to have good hands or good ball security, I only remember a couple of plays in the preseason where he got some okay yards. 

Ollison will probably be active for the Panthers game.

3 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

One thing when Free and Ito are in pass protection and those DL are coming full steam they   blow right through them because they are so light go back and look at film, it is how Ito got hurt. Ollison would give you more size to help out some of our weaker OL. Maybe he won't do better but I would like to see a few snaps.  But a very good pt. has been made. Maybe it hasn't been DQ'S decision maybe it was Dirks all the time? 

Been saying the same thing, Free and Ito are like paper mache statues and these DEs know they can Mike Tyson them into oblivion. We need someone like TC or QO who can stand their ground and block. We could use Oliver's hard running between the tackles as well.  

12 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons should release DQ.

I hope that not firing him over the by week doesn't screw us long term. If the team goes on a run there's a chance Quinn comes back and that terrifies me. 

falcons007 likes this