BirdGangATL

Takkk is on pace for

111 posts in this topic

14 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

I knew these break downs were coming. I saw them, Takk does ok to average job and It’s time Falcons move on from average at Edge. Never ignored coverage, it’s just the edge doesn’t get job done. Takk is no where near the QB even on long developing plays.

Literally showed you a play he gets a sack without the hold. Penalty -10 yards but it doesn’t say “sack” so film doesn’t fit the narrative.

Again, Takk can be a situational or rotational guy at minimum.

Not around the QB. Ok. Sure. Not something that can be said about every other DL on the team.

You say you don’t ignore coverage. I don’t believe you. Common sense says our lack of sacks has been primarily a coverage problem.

We change DB coach, tighten up the coverage, and nearly match the sack total from the entire season in one game. 

Total QB hits:

Grady 12

Takk 9

Vic 7

Wonder if having not waited 8 games to fix the tragic coverage (using Takk and Vic included as OLBs in a 3-4) could possibly have altered those numbers...and led to more sacks.

But keep pretending Takk didn’t show up vs the Saints? :tiphat:

Lets base opinions on the facts. Not just raw data on a sheet.

Why do you think Takk made his twitter DE that almost gets sacks? He ain’t anywhere near the QB?

ok.

athell likes this

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

His win rate means what exactly? Lmao, dude can’t even get pressures, hits and sacks. Takk is more hyped on TATF than any other player.  Last game the secondary held up but I don’t see Ton of pressures or hits from Takk. TJ Watt has twice as many sacks, almost twice as many hits as Takk from 2017. I want impact players who can pressure the QB, or hit him. 

He’s not great, but he’s the best we have generating a pass rush right now.

Schwarzwald and falcons007 like this

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Came to post it. Got some haters in da house.

Too many people use basic stats as the end all be all of who is good and bad, it’s why people think Beasley played much better than he actually did in 16 because he had the most sacks in the league, but if you look at hurries, hits, knockdowns and pressures, he wasn’t even the best on the team, let alone in the league.

Schwarzwald and athell like this

2 hours ago, rings639 said:

He’s not great, but he’s the best we have generating a pass rush right now.

42 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Came to post it. Got some haters in da house.

The guys numbers don’t add up. Looks like SIS dump is stats aggregator. Funny how the guy who tweeted left off the sack numbers which were inaccurate. 
I think I already know who this Embrace guy on TATF.

Takk 3rd in win rate in pass rushers, Grady 2nd in DTs.  This is why I think if Young is gone we need a lock down corner.  That one person makes the other cornerbacks look better by default and if we hold coverage for half a second longer we start turning those pressures and qb hits into sacks.  We finally made the QB hold the ball a little longer and look how good it made our pass rush look.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

Schwarzwald likes this

6 minutes ago, rings639 said:

Takk 3rd in win rate in pass rushers, Grady 2nd in DTs.  This is why I think if Young is gone we need a lock down corner.  That one person makes the other cornerbacks look better by default and if we hold coverage for half a second longer we start turning those pressures and qb hits into sacks.  We finally made the QB hold the ball a little longer and look how good it made our pass rush look.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/27584726/nfl-pass-blocking-pass-rushing-rankings-2019-pbwr-prwr-leaderboard

What is win rate? I don’t see Takk any where near QB. Pretty much every stat including nextgen, PFF and Pro football reference show Takk is not near QB. I want guys around QB hurrying, hitting and forcing the errors or sacking. 

CrimsonFalcon likes this

@rings639 Eh, S has gimpy Neal and Sheffield looks like he real deal at LCB.

If anything we need a S and another slot Corner; pending what they do with Kazee/Allen long-term as well.

@falcons007 is right about the front 7; and DE in particular having a need. Takk only DE on roster next year; depending on your classification of Cominsky and Bailey (not really edge rushers on the regular and more interior pass rushers in sub-packages)...

Keep playing IO and KSheff. Figure out S and slot CB; although Sheff covered it fine with Blidi in. We need a guy that lets him stay outside unless by strategic choice rather than “need a slot corner” b/c your starting NCB had to move to S...

Front 7 on D...Camp gone. Is Foye the answer post-Campbell? Or can we get a big time upgrade next to Debo? DL...S...LB...if young CBs improve.

2 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

What is win rate? I don’t see Takk any where near QB. Pretty much every stat including nextgen, PFF and Pro football reference show Takk is not near QB. I want guys around QB hurrying, hitting and forcing the errors or sacking. 

Film.

Football outsiders uses SIS apparently btw...

athell likes this

4th down. Takk closest player to QB off the snap; despite the double team, and let’s Vic get a game sealing sack off his dirty work:

rr2uwNu.jpg

Takk isn’t around the QB or forcing errors? Like the hold in Baldy’s breakdown vid?

Gets a few sacks next few games and suddenly is a stud right? :huh: What if...wait for it...the improved coverage has been the difference for the Falcons pass rush? Or the coaches calling blitzes and utilizing players better?

ESPN’s Passrush winrate seems legit to me. Stat systems can be flawed tho...film > all.

Rings and ATLSlobberKnockers like this

1 hour ago, falcons007 said:

Takk was.2nd in the league in pressure % last season. They havent been using him right this season

On 11/12/2019 at 8:09 PM, Osiruz said:

Takk would be having a great season with better coverage. I am ready to move on from Beasley and find Takk a better running mate. We should have done that last off season and had we had bookends of Takk and Clowney we would have been infinitely better than wasting space on worthless Allen Bailey and Vrex. 

But but I thought Clowney was done he looked good last week

Osiruz likes this

1 hour ago, Osiruz said:

Clowney is one of those excellent run defenders who can being some pressure. He is a well rounder DE. If we lose the embrace for chase campaign he is my pick to replace Bustly. 

Yes. A plus run defender that will bring you 7-10 sacks a year is wjat we need. Then draft Delpit, amd Curis Weaver

35 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Yes. A plus run defender that will bring you 7-10 sacks a year is wjat we need. Then draft Delpit, amd Curis Weaver

Gone be real hard to sign Clowney from UFA market...

Maybe if CBA gets done? 

29 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Gone be real hard to sign Clowney from UFA market...

Maybe if CBA gets done? 

FA is going to be painful unless we cut the chaff. We gotta part ways with Neal, Trufant, Mack, Carpenter, and Freeman.  

Schwarzwald likes this

On 11/12/2019 at 7:18 PM, athell said:

...and if you troll the Saints while doing it?  GG in my book...

It's a such a dayum shame. If only Takk were able to just loosen up, relax and enjoy the game of football. :lol:

Schwarzwald and athell like this

8 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Takk was.2nd in the league in pressure % last season. They havent been using him right this season

I disagree , they have been