esmithidoc

Falcons to play "international" home game next year

30 posts in this topic

I just got an e-mail stating that we are slated to play a home game in the International Series next year. That means we go to either England or Mexico City, I believe. The game will be against a non-divisional opponent, so will be a team from the NFC North (Chicago or Detroit) or AFC West (Denver or Oakland) or an NFC West opponent that matches our division position.

Oops, sorry I just saw that this was already posted...

Edited by esmithidoc

If DQ and TD stick around this may be the ONLY way to fill the stands for a home game next season.

Just now, HouseofEuphoria said:

So, we only get 7 games @ MB stadium?

If so, what a f***^%$ bunch of crap. 

It should count as a road game for both freaking teams, man.

So what team gets F'ed and only has to play 7 home games while the Falcons theatrically gets 9 home games in that situation?

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

1 minute ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

So what team gets F'ed and only has to play 7 home games while the Falcons theatrically gets 9 home games in that situation?

Maybe i'm confused.

I'm presuming this counts as one of our home games in Atlanta? So, we only play 7 games actually in the ATL? 

Or is the international game "home" team just for shiz and giggles?

32 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

So, we only get 7 games @ MB stadium?

If so, what a f***^%$ bunch of crap. 

It should count as a road game for both freaking teams, man.

Yep. Why not charge STH less.

I'm guessing this has all kind of fine print in the agreements but PSL owners are getting f'd over. The stadium will only be 3 years in which is barely enough time to get your investment back on those pricey PSL rights.

Pay for the right to not have a home game? 

When has Green Bay ever had to play a home game in London? So much for providing an even playing field. Beyond the unfairness to PSL owners, teams who lose a home game should get a compensatory pick in the next year's draft. Maybe that might change the attitude of some of the coddled favored franchises.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

Arthur Blank is trying to make up for the money he's losing with all these empty seats. He did the exact same thing in 2014 after the catastrophic 2013 season.

putnam6 likes this

7 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Arthur Blank is trying to make up for the money he's losing with all these empty seats. He did the exact same thing in 2014 after the catastrophic 2013 season.

Arthur, being a fan himself, always looks out for what is best for the Falcon fans. 

Falcons Fan MVP likes this

3 hours ago, papachaz said:

if I was a season ticket holder, I believe I'd be talking to a lawyer about suing the league for this stupidity. but I'm not, so there's that

We only play for 7 games instead of 8 though so nothing to sue over

3 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Maybe i'm confused.

I'm presuming this counts as one of our home games in Atlanta? So, we only play 7 games actually in the ATL? 

Or is the international game "home" team just for shiz and giggles?

Yes you are right. So we as STHs aren’t getting screwed per say financially. Just in amount of home games

I pray it's not the Raiders game. Only game I have a chance to bring someone down to ATL with me. Havent gotten to travel down yet

1 hour ago, fuego said:

I heard they could have turned it down. Not sure why they would want to do it. 

Re-building Season the s 2020..

New staff. 

Get it out of the way of a better season like 2021...maybe.

Yeah, that **** blows for PSL/season ticket holders.

We lost a home game in 2008 when we had to go to London the second year after they started the International Series so I feel for those that have season tickets and are being robbed of a home game.

Edited by Iron Saint