Falcons to play "international" home game next year

I just got an e-mail stating that we are slated to play a home game in the International Series next year. That means we go to either England or Mexico City, I believe. The game will be against a non-divisional opponent, so will be a team from the NFC North (Chicago or Detroit) or AFC West (Denver or Oakland) or an NFC West opponent that matches our division position.

Oops, sorry I just saw that this was already posted...

Edited by esmithidoc
Just now, HouseofEuphoria said:

So, we only get 7 games @ MB stadium?

If so, what a f***^%$ bunch of crap. 

It should count as a road game for both freaking teams, man.

So what team gets F'ed and only has to play 7 home games while the Falcons theatrically gets 9 home games in that situation?

1 minute ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

So what team gets F'ed and only has to play 7 home games while the Falcons theatrically gets 9 home games in that situation?

Maybe i'm confused.

I'm presuming this counts as one of our home games in Atlanta? So, we only play 7 games actually in the ATL? 

Or is the international game "home" team just for shiz and giggles?

When has Green Bay ever had to play a home game in London? So much for providing an even playing field. Beyond the unfairness to PSL owners, teams who lose a home game should get a compensatory pick in the next year's draft. Maybe that might change the attitude of some of the coddled favored franchises.

3 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

Maybe i'm confused.

I'm presuming this counts as one of our home games in Atlanta? So, we only play 7 games actually in the ATL? 

Or is the international game "home" team just for shiz and giggles?

Yes you are right. So we as STHs aren’t getting screwed per say financially. Just in amount of home games