FalconsFanSince194eva

Unpopular Opinion on Dan Quinn

102 posts in this topic

F*ck No !!! I stopped reading at hoping Dan Quinn keeps his job. I read the first 2 sentences and could tell this makes no sense. You really are an a$$ clown if you wanna keep Quinn. 

Edited by caponine

2 minutes ago, Skeetbird said:

Hey man, dont worry about people having a difference of opinion. Whether they like it or not ... we are entitled to our opinions. Even when people dont like it.

I'm not worried I just want a discussion. Some people just seem advertised to different ideas  

Skeetbird likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Oh well, head to your closet and lend me some clown shoes then lol 

But no need to travel so far when the circus is your house 

This team going 7-9 or 9-7 would be nothing but a mirage.  He has been consistently terrible with in game management. Brought OCs that get worse each iteration.  Swaps out position coaches over and over.  He needs to go along with gel boy.

@FalconsFanSince194eva

Here's the problem I have with keeping Quinn.  Your choice of both offensive AND defensive coordinators are more important that the head coach.

In other teams where the head coach has a defensive background do you even care who the defensive coordinator is?  Vikings?  Patriots? Panthers?  No because on those teams the defenses are solid almost all of the time and you don't know who the defensive coordinator is because if they change them out you barely notice it because the head coach can manage it.

That's not the case with the Falcons.  This season has shown that under no circumstances can the defensive head coach actually run the defense.  If the Falcons end up having a good defense it's because of the coordinators and if they leave it's another Shanahan situation.

A team needs stability and Quinn's proven inability to run the defense is a huge problem.

9 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Man taking some money doesn't mean a thing. All superstar college players do it some just get caught. That's a good counter argument an hard to dispute, but at the end of the day sometimes you just have to go get your player. I think if we did move up and Chase has 13+ sacks, 30+ QB hits and 50+ pressure no one will really care. 

That is a pure and simple wager. As has been stated if we end close in picking then maybe a trade, but it's a possible plan not a destination. Would I like a Mack or Abraham for sure but if we knew exactly how these guys would play out or I should say our FO, then we'd have probably won 2-3 SB's. How's that been worki ng out. We pontificate like we know on these boards when we only know what we read or see with a jaundiced eye. Our GM is where we need the wisdom and it just hasn't shown up near enough.

9 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Man taking some money doesn't mean a thing. All superstar college players do it some just get caught. That's a good counter argument an hard to dispute, but at the end of the day sometimes you just have to go get your player. I think if we did move up and Chase has 13+ sacks, 30+ QB hits and 50+ pressure no one will really care. 

That is a pure and simple wager. As has been stated if we end close in picking then maybe a trade, but it's a possible plan not a destination. Would I like a Mack or Abraham for sure but if we knew exactly how these guys would play out or I should say our FO, then we'd have probably won 2-3 SB's. How's that been worki ng out. We pontificate like we know on these boards when we only know what we read or see with a jaundiced eye. Our GM is where we need the wisdom and it just hasn't shown up near enough.

2 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

@FalconsFanSince194eva

Here's the problem I have with keeping Quinn.  Your choice of both offensive AND defensive coordinators are more important that the head coach.

In other teams where the head coach has a defensive background do you even care who the defensive coordinator is?  Vikings?  Patriots? Panthers?  No because on those teams the defenses are solid almost all of the time and you don't know who the defensive coordinator is because if they change them out you barely notice it because the head coach can manage it.

That's not the case with the Falcons.  This season has shown that under no circumstances can the defensive head coach actually run the defense.  If the Falcons end up having a good defense it's because of the coordinators and if they leave it's another Shanahan situation.

A team needs stability and Quinn's proven inability to run the defense is a huge problem.

Okay I get where you are coming from, so let's say the defense makes a turn around. Do we get rid of DQ and hire our new DC as the next HC? Or do you think we should tear the whole thing down? Because if we get a new HC we are starting over with all of our coaches. Would that not be a tough choice Mr.Blank would have to face?

I overall like Quinn but if he has nothing to do with the offense and if the defense plays much better the less he has to do with it and if he goes to bat for the wrong players when it comes to contracts and if he isn't good at game and clock management, what exactly is he good for? 

5 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Okay I get where you are coming from, so let's say the defense makes a turn around. Do we get rid of DQ and hire our new DC as the next HC? Or do you think we should tear the whole thing down? Because if we get a new HC we are starting over with all of our coaches. Would that not be a tough choice Mr.Blank would have to face?

Here's another thing to think about, how short of a leash would Quinn be on next season if he stays?

What happens if the team starts out 1-4 again?

He's used up all the benefit of the doubt this season.

I've actually thought objectively about what if he did the unthinkable and the defense has a miraculous turnaround and plays like they did against the Saints every week from here on out.  And the part I can't get around is that it would it be because of him or the coordinators?

Let's say the Falcons did the unthinkable and Quinn stays but both Ulbrich and Morris left for head coaching jobs in either college or the NFL.  How would you feel about Quinn staying then? 

1 hour ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

1. I am not this board, so your straw man argument is ridiculous. I have never said we had a bunch of holes and I did not agree with the other board members. My biggest issues this year has been Freeman, our Ds scheme and lack of effort from many players.

2. Putting me in the same category as other people is jumping to conclusions.   

3. Im not in the group that believes the more picks the better. I rather get one All Pro player than 5 journeymen players. I think Young has floor of a pro blower and a ceiling of an All Pro, so yes I think it's worth throwing some picks to get him.

No need to throw a hissy fit because you don't like what im saying my guy.    

Lol...learn some of the guys. Athell is messing with you. 

athell and FalconsIn2012 like this

13 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Here's another thing to think about, how short of a leash would Quinn be on next season if he stays?

What happens if the team starts out 1-4 again?

He's used up all the benefit of the doubt this season.

I've actually thought objectively about what if he did the unthinkable and the defense has a miraculous turnaround and plays like they did against the Saints every week from here on out.  And the part I can't get around is that it would it be because of him or the coordinators?

Let's say the Falcons did the unthinkable and Quinn stays but both Ulbrich and Morris left for head coaching jobs in either college or the NFL.  How would you feel about Quinn staying then? 

I only want Quinn to stay if the rest of his crew is on board. If they peace out I want Quinn gone too. 

Atl Falcon and Sun Tzu 7 like this

5 minutes ago, athell said:

I am convinced this franchise has broken all of our brains to some extent...

Hey at least you are one of the few people that can throw blows back and forth and still have a conversation unlike certain people cough cough Caponine

athell likes this

57 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

You sound like a 60s something old man in overalls lol 

I'm sure you're way older than me though lol 

1 hour ago, NaGaBoy said:

I hope DQ sticks. 

We have a very talented team.  We do not and have not had numerous holes.  We have had game plan issues.  A team does not go from uncompetitive to what we saw against the Saints with a poor roster.  I do not study the game closely enough to analyze what made the difference last Sunday, but I am confident it proved our problem has not been player talent.

So ... ummm ... To what or whom do you blame the play we saw the first half of the season on? If we have the talent and the team sucks, and you say that it isn't the roster, that only leaves the HC and the staff. Yet, you want him to stay? I'm lost. 

athell and Boise Falcon Fan like this

2 minutes ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

Hmmm I don't have a come back for this so I'll end it here, 

Probably best for ya , good day sir :tiphat:

2 hours ago, FalconsFanSince194eva said:

After being on both sides of the fire Dan Quinn debate I think I have finally settled. I hope we go 7-9 to 9-7 so Dan Quinn can keep his job. Yes I know please put the pitch folks and fire torches down for one second. 

The reason I don’t want Dan Quinn gone is because I think he can still lead us to a Super Bowl and some continuation would do good for the Falcons roster. I think having the same trio of coaches at Hc, Oc, and Dc could help us next year, rather than throwing it all away and starting over. Maybe after this awful start Dan learned not to try and get pretty and just let the players play. Now if we only finish with 5 wins or less Dan Quinn needs the boot. 

On another note I don’t care what our number in the draft is. We need Chase Young and last Sunday showed why. So I hope we do what we have to do to pick him up. 

If we could control continuity Shanny would still be here. I'm neither here nor there on it and I believe AB will do what he feels is best in any case but if DQ is kept, the only coach that's guaranteed to stay is DQ.