Chaz

“koo koo kachoo”

52 posts in this topic

And a punter. He and Allen looked like instant BFF's after every successful kick. Good chemistry between the two. Veteran (and playoff tested) Ryan Allen would look nice rocking a "C" badge.

2 hours ago, Monolith2001 said:

I really hope he embraces the plays on his name as endearment.  He did really good.   I ain't crowning him anything just as I don't trust this team to repeat the great play we had in New Orleans.  Show me more.

He’s a Korean that went to school in South Ga.

Im pretty sure he’s heard it all and had his name murdered on a daily basis.

PokerSteve and FalconJim like this

I know most people don't care, but personally love seeing asians represented in the NFL. That's why I love Noriaki Kino****a for playing preseason with the Falcons in 2008.

It was nice of him to let Julio wear his number

Image result for noriaki kinoshita

I understand wanting to pump the brakes given our recent history of kicking issues... but you need to take Koo's recent history into consideration too.

I know he had a pretty terrible start to his NFL career (3/6 for the Chargers), but he was a near 90% accuracy guy at GA Southern and more recently was 100% accurate (14/14) in the AAF before it folded.  I am more inclined to believe Koo is the high accuracy guy he was in college and the AAF than he was the inaccurate guy for a couple of games with the Chargers.

For comparison.. Tavecchio was a 75% guy in college... and a 76% guy with the Raiders but we banked on him being better than that after he went 5/5 in limited chances last year.  He showed through camp and preseason that he really is the 75% guy his history told us he was.

PokerSteve likes this

Can we please stop comparing current Falcon players to past falcon players based on position?

I hated when Tavecchio failed earlier in the year because I knew that his name would be thrown around on TATF in comparison to future Falcon kickers until the end of time.

Judge Younghoe Koo by his own merit, not by the failure of previous kickers. So far he is doing very well, hope he keeps it up.

2 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

The first time he misses a 37 yarder, TATF will want him tar and feathered - run out of town on a rail.

Not ordaining him, just offering a shoutout for a great performance!

I grew up having people make fun of my real name. 

It sucks when you're young, but as you age you just get numb to it. 

7 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I grew up having people make fun of my real name. 

It sucks when you're young, but as you age you just get numb to it. 

Or you become cool and they give you a more appropriate nickname to match. :D

octoslash likes this

Just now, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Or you become cool and they give you a more appropriate nickname to match. :D

The times have a lot to do  with it too. 

I mean, I was born early 60s, so kids for my entire schooling were allowed to be just as creatively cruel as they could conjure up.  There were bullies galore, fights in class, vandalism, coming home with a black eye wasn't unheard of...and my parent just said, 'Hit 'em back!'   

Nowadays of course, if a kid comes home crying because somebody called him a 'poopyhead', well...the school goes into lockdown, every nook and cranny is searched for weapons and drugs, the parents, PTA, principal, county, state, all get sued, emergency counselors are flown in from Berkley, etc.   

Boy am I glad I was born when I was.  Kids today are just not tempered to be tough.  Exact opposite, in fact.  

cnst, FalconJim, PokerSteve and 1 other like this

4 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I mean, I was born early 60s, so kids for my entire schooling were allowed to be just as creatively cruel as they could conjure up.  There were bullies galore, fights in class, vandalism, coming home with a black eye wasn't unheard of...and my parent just said, 'Hit 'em back!'   

Nowadays of course, if a kid comes home crying because somebody called him a 'poopyhead', well...the school goes into lockdown, every nook and cranny is searched for weapons and drugs, the parents, PTA, principal, county, state, all get sued, emergency counselors are flown in from Berkley, etc.   

Boy am I glad I was born when I was.  Kids today are just not tempered to be tough.  Exact opposite, in fact.  

TBF, I don’t recall having active shooter drills either. 

just sayin...

1 hour ago, likeriver said:

I know most people don't care, but personally love seeing asians represented in the NFL. That's why I love Noriaki Kino****a for playing preseason with the Falcons in 2008.

It was nice of him to let Julio wear his number

Image result for noriaki kinoshita

A Korean that played at Ga Southern playing for the Falcons?

I can’t even begin to describe what that means to me on a personal level.

And if he keeps it up,  I’m not sure if the Falcons understand what they have with him.  To say there aren’t that many Koreans in the NFLis a bit of an understatement.

Hes going to be very popular in Gwinnett anyway. :) 

10 minutes ago, octoslash said:

I have actually come to hate the term "politically correct". Everyone has to walk on eggshells to placate the poor little snowflakes. I to came up in an age where you had to stand on your own two feet and make your way.

octoslash likes this

13 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

A Korean that played at Ga Southern playing for the Falcons?

I can’t even begin to describe what that means to me on a personal level.

And if he keeps it up,  I’m not sure if the Falcons understand what they have with him.  To say there aren’t that many Koreans in the NFLis a bit of an understatement.

Hes going to be very popular in Gwinnett anyway. :) 

You Korean?

To be honest I had no idea. I feel stupid because your username is a giveaway but I never caught on lol.

It's cool to see more diversity in the NFL. Hope Koo does Koreans proud and open up the game of football to more countries despite the negative publicity it's been getting in recent years due to player safety and health.

Just now, DawnOfThemBirds said:

You Korean?

To be honest I had no idea. I feel stupid because your username is a give away but I never caught on lol.

It's cool to see more diversity in the NFL. Hope Koo does Koreans proud and open up the game of football to more countries despite the negative publicity it's been getting in recent years due to player safety and health.

I grew up in South Ga.

To be honest it's not like I advertise it and the screen name is actually my Xbox gamertag and it sounded cool so I used it here.

And if you heard me speak you wouldn't think I was Asian.  But I think it's REALLY cool that a Korean that played for my alma mater is playing for my NFL team.

octoslash, Chaz and DawnOfThemBirds like this