Saw this and fell on 1 knee laughing

2 hours ago, vel said:

Falcons are going to end the season 9-7 with a 6-0 division record and no playoffs lol just wait

what's sad about that is that will mean he keeps his job

and I'm basing that on the AB quote from earlier this year "we've seen this staff turn things around before"

the sad part of that is, I wonder if AB realizes this staff has turned things around before BOTH WAYS

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

If we close out the season winning 6 of 8, Quinn will be safe.  Why?  Because I strongly believe either TD or Blank made him fire Manuel and take over as DC.   Thats a very difficult job.  O

I think he’s gone regardless of finish but he put himself in this position. Anything short of the playoffs is a disappointment....and for that to happen we would have to finish a full game ahead of th

3 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

I got a sneaky suspicion of who did it but i'm not going to jump the gun just yet. I'm gonna play it by ear and go from there. Sad you can't even trust people you have to work with every day

But they took your earbuds :( you can only play it by speaker.

sorry I’m done

1 hour ago, athell said:

Love this lmao

Tho for me it's the final dagger for DQ.  The fact that the defense looked like complete crap for 8 weeks and then the week he hands it over to Ulbrich it turns a complete 180 is a really really bad look for him and a good look for TD.

As I mentioned in another thread, I don't think the move of Raheem to coaching the secondary can be stressed enough as a possible reason for this.  Coverage was tremendously better, which gabe the line time to get home.

1 hour ago, athell said:

Love this lmao

Tho for me it's the final dagger for DQ.  The fact that the defense looked like complete crap for 8 weeks and then the week he hands it over to Ulbrich it turns a complete 180 is a really really bad look for him and a good look for TD.

I guess I missed something --- so, Quinn gave up the defense, and Ulbrich is our DC now?  If that's the case, I have to hand it to DQ for being man enough to realize he can't handle both the HC and DC job at the same time, and be very good at either one!  Honestly, I figured him to be too stubborn to do that! 
Also, giving Morris the reins on the DBs was apparently, brilliant!!! 

A Great Win for us in N.O. 

3 hours ago, Ohio Dirty Bird said:

If they cant find someone better why fire him ?  I said that about Mike Smith , and look they fired Mike for Dan.  

Even if we do, Quinn should be gone. We pay him to field a respectable team THE WHOLE season, not just half of it. 

EDIT: sigh... the website spoiled this to the wrong quote. I was trying to respond to the comment that we’d end 9-7 and no playoffs.

Edited by DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins
1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

I guess I missed something --- so, Quinn gave up the defense, and Ulbrich is our DC now?  If that's the case, I have to hand it to DQ for being man enough to realize he can't handle both the HC and DC job at the same time, and be very good at either one!  Honestly, I figured him to be too stubborn to do that! 
Also, giving Morris the reins on the DBs was apparently, brilliant!!! 

A Great Win for us in N.O. 

Yeah, it was a solid moveby Quinn to lift up his coordinators...but man it really backfired in his own face.  Great for the team, probably not so much for Dan Quinn, defensive guru coach man.

We will see how they look next week but wow, what a difference.

8 minutes ago, athell said:

Yeah, it was a solid moveby Quinn to lift up his coordinators...but man it really backfired in his own face.  Great for the team, probably not so much for Dan Quinn, defensive guru coach man.

We will see how they look next week but wow, what a difference.

Yeah, doesn't look too good on Quinn that he delegated some, or most, of his duties to Ulbrich and Morris, and the "D" has done so much better since!  But hey, (in my best Clint Eastwood voice) "a man has to know his limitations", and apparently he realized his....so I have to give him kudos for that!  
Hope we can keep this going vs the Panties!!!  Of course, if we do, I guess the hopes of drafting Chase Young will be just a distant memory  ---   :( 

1 minute ago, FalconJim said:

Yeah, doesn't look too good on Quinn that he delegated some, or most, of his duties to Ulbrich and Morris, and the "D" has done so much better since!  But hey, (in my best Clint Eastwood voice) "a man has to know his limitations", and apparently he realized his....so I have to give him kudos for that!  
Hope we can keep this going vs the Panties!!!  Of course, if we do, I guess the hopes of drafting Chase Young will be just a distant memory  ---   :( 

Trade the farm

Just now, FalconJim said:

Not just yet!  We have a lot of football left to go ---- who knows, Quinn & Co. may just get their act together!!! 
Yeah, I know, I'm the eternal optimist when it comes to our Falcons.  It's called, being a Falcons Fan since 1966.... :huh:  

That's what I'm saying. If they manage to right this wrong and lose out on selecting him with their own pick, trade the farm for him. I don't care if they lose 2 firsts for him. He's worth it IMO

2 hours ago, papachaz said:

what's sad about that is that will mean he keeps his job

and I'm basing that on the AB quote from earlier this year "we've seen this staff turn things around before"

the sad part of that is, I wonder if AB realizes this staff has turned things around before BOTH WAYS

Honestly, if they make a run and end up 5-1 in the division, how do you fire him? The adjustments they've made will have clearly worked. Not every HC gets it out the gate. This team was 1-7 and hasn't quit. If they get to 7-9, that's a 6-2 run to end the season. If they are competitive in those two losses, it gets to be a very interesting balance of continuity vs fresh start. 

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

That's what I'm saying. If they manage to right this wrong and lose out on selecting him with their own pick, trade the farm for him. I don't care if they lose 2 firsts for him. He's worth it IMO

3 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Oh, I see what you're saying now!  And I agree, do whatever it takes to get Young.  We pretty much sold the farm for Julio, and look what it's done for our offense!  Young would do the same for our defense, I think!!!  But of course, this may be a moot point if we continue to crash and burn after that big Win in N.O. ---- we may get a top 3 pick after all.... :lol: 

5 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Oh, I see what you're saying now!  And I agree, do whatever it takes to get Young.  We pretty much sold the farm for Julio, and look what it's done for our offense!  Young would do the same for our defense, I think!!!  But of course, this may be a moot point if we continue to crash and burn after that big Win in N.O. ---- we may get a top 3 pick after all.... :lol: 

Just need Cincy, New York and Miami keep playing their roles and everything may align perfectly lol

30 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Just need Cincy, New York and Miami keep playing their roles and everything may align perfectly lol

Yes, that would help --- and I hope you're right about it all aligning perfectly, 'cause we need to be able to draft Young in the worst way!  He's definitely a game changer (at least he has been in college), and I think it will translate to the NFL, as well!!!  

59 minutes ago, vel said:

Honestly, if they make a run and end up 5-1 in the division, how do you fire him? The adjustments they've made will have clearly worked. Not every HC gets it out the gate. This team was 1-7 and hasn't quit. If they get to 7-9, that's a 6-2 run to end the season. If they are competitive in those two losses, it gets to be a very interesting balance of continuity vs fresh start. 

oh I agree with you. If we make a run, it saves his job and I suppose deservedly so. But if he's given credit for 'righting the ship' then he also has to bear the weight of it sinking so far like it did before hand

Just now, papachaz said:

oh I agree with you. If we make a run, it saves his job and I suppose deservedly so. But if he's given credit for 'righting the ship' then he also has to bear the weight of it sinking so far like it did before hand

Yep. But if he's been stripped of his coaching duties at this point, what's left? Firing him basically erases the goodwill you would have built up. It would just be tough. 

19 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Yes, that would help --- and I hope you're right about it all aligning perfectly, 'cause we need to be able to draft Young in the worst way!  He's definitely a game changer (at least he has been in college), and I think it will translate to the NFL, as well!!!  

Recent history says Ohio State is DE and CB University 

The x-factors in the coaching decision is AB and the players. AB has never sounded like he really wants to fire Quinn in fact he’s sounded like he’s been looking for any reason at all no matter how tenuous to not fire DQ (based on his answers to DQ job security questions all season). The players love DQ they definitely fought for his job yesterday. AB has to take the locker room into consideration when making the decision. My gut feeling is 6-9 wins saves DQ job 

12 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

Recent history says Ohio State is DE and CB University 

It seems that way!  That's why we have to do everything in our power to get Young!!!  Even if it means "selling the farm", like we did to get Julio?!?!?!  I mean, JJ's been worth everything we gave for him ---- and so will Young! 
Just think, we'd have two guys, one on offense and one on defense, that will strike fear in the hearts of other teams, for years to come!!!  Have we ever even had that before on a Falcons team???  If so, I can't remember it ---