Vandy

Hey Tanker Boys

172 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, MAD597 said:

Na, we got to many holes to lose more draft picks on a single player if he is their when we pick fine but with our cap we need to get young good players to replace the expansive players we are going to have to cut to stay under the cap.

There aren't that many holes. As we saw yesterday coaching and communication are the biggest issues. Drafting a bunch of inexperienced rookies doesn't fix that.

thedead likes this

Come January, the Saints will be in the playoffs trying to make a push for their second world championship.  The falcons will be at home counting the " pride" wins they got that took them out of the running for a top 3 pick.  The Falcons will pick around 6 or 8 and get another dud defensive end to pair with takk and beasley...

Edited by Spts1

13 hours ago, falcons007 said:

There is no tanking in NFL. Every one is fighting for their jobs. 

Exactly. These guys are fighting for Quinn's job. And possibly some theirs.  Tanking is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard. If I was a player I'd be insulted that the fan base thinks the first pick in the draft will FIX  everything. heck with this FO's reputation  they'd even mess that up too.  Losing is NEVER ok  in football. Sorry but that's my opinion. I know in 2019 it's not cool to have your own opinion. But I do.

Lowndesfalc likes this

I will never root for a team to lose, especially against a division rival, but yesterday doesn't change much for me.  This team didn't find the magic button over the bye week and they dug themselves too deep a hole to try and climb out of.

3-13 with the other win coming on Thanksgiving would be fine by me.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Never tank. Possibly get a top 5 draft pick (hopeful that may or may not pan out) will never make me fill as good as yesterday.

plus, I'm in the trade back we need more help than one player crowd myself. 

Players don’t tank.    The draft is the draft and the season is the season.

TANKING isn’t real in 98% of team situations.   If a GM/Owner wants to tank, they will trade their vets, high priced talent, etc BEFORE the season starts.   Maybe sit a player injured toward end of season that could go but isn’t healthy - judgment call.

All the tanking discussions - thanks Vandy for another - is just fan discussion.   It isn’t real.

1 minute ago, g-dawg said:

Players don’t tank.    The draft is the draft and the season is the season.

TANKING isn’t real in 98% of team situations.   If a GM/Owner wants to tank, they will trade their vets, high priced talent, etc BEFORE the season starts.   Maybe sit a player injured toward end of season that could go but isn’t healthy - judgment call.

All the tanking discussions - thanks Vandy for another - is just fan discussion.   It isn’t real.

My never tank comment is more to the posters than the team. Players are trying to make a living, it would go against their best interest to tank. Problem is we have posters who think it's real and continuously ask for it. 

g-dawg, Schwarzwald and kiwifalcon like this

1 minute ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

My never tank comment is more to the posters than the team. Players are trying to make a living, it would go against their best interest to tank. Problem is we have posters who think it's real and continuously ask for it. 

The supposedly tanking Dolphins are on a 2 game winning streak. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot
WhenFalconsWin likes this

6 minutes ago, Dr Long Shot said:

The supposedly tanking Dolphins are on a 2 game winning streak. 

I believe the Miami organization was trying to tank - that is part of the 2%.

However just further illustrates that Players and Coaches aren’t “in on it”.

Now in MLB and NBA, tanking is real and both Hawks and Braves successfully took advantage of tanking strategy.   It just doesn’t work nor translate in the NFL - otherwise Cleveland and Jacksonville would be leading the way in the NFL as both consistently have had high draft position the last decade (w/o trying to tank).

Schwarzwald likes this

19 hours ago, Butudontseeme™ said:

I’m hoping to reel off 8 more Ws bro! Make the playoffs and go on a run! 

^^^^^^^^

f the tankers

but if we have to lose I hope we beat the Saints again, that's all

8 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. You play to win the game. There is a reason same losers pick in top 10 every year and the contenders picking late most of the years. They are winners and tankers are losers.

I'll argue that one, 49ers been in the top 5-10, Houston got Watson around the same. Wasting draft positioning for a loss on wild card weekend is not gonna get the next coach off to a good start lol

48 minutes ago, Dirtybird3 said:

I'll argue that one, 49ers been in the top 5-10, Houston got Watson around the same. Wasting draft positioning for a loss on wild card weekend is not gonna get the next coach off to a good start lol

Lol. 49ers picked top 5 for 4 years before started winning. Heck they have too 5 pick bust on their DL.

8 hours ago, Spts1 said:

Come January, the Saints will be in the playoffs trying to make a push for their second world championship.  The falcons will be at home counting the " pride" wins they got that took them out of the running for a top 3 pick.  The Falcons will pick around 6 or 8 and get another dud defensive end to pair with takk and beasley...

Remember last year when we had to win the final 3 games so we could bring that momentum into the start of this season?  Good thing we didn't need any better draft picks.  Its not like we didn't trade up for a pick.  

Granted we still have a legit shot to the playoffs so no reason what so ever to tank.  But last season was a different story to close out the meaningless season.  

MAD597 likes this

1 minute ago, dawgsjw said:

Remember last year when we had to win the final 3 games so we could bring that momentum into the start of this season?  Good thing we didn't need any better draft picks.  Its not like we didn't trade up for a pick.  

Granted we still have a legit shot to the playoffs so no reason what so ever to tank.  But last season was a different story to close out the meaningless season.  

Eh, draft position is overrated. If draft position was the end all of becoming a good team why are the Browns and Jaguars perennial last-place teams? Lamar Jackson was drafted 31st, Pat Mahomes was drafted 10th. The list of top 5 draft busts is enormous. over half don't meet their hype. 

Vandy likes this

13 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Did FFS1970 hack your account?

These are the dumbest threads

Must have hit a nerve. Always suspected that deep down you were a Tanker Boy, G. Glad to see you’re fully out of the closet now. :ninja:

FF70 threads aren’t near as dumb as your ‘Dexter Lawrence ain’t much’ mock draft silliness you painfully peppered the board with last draft season. I even saw last week you’re still foolishly claiming Lawrence wasn’t worthy of the high draft pick. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-rookie-rankings-nfl-week-9-2019

LOL, and since you went there... speaking of dumb threads, where is your guy Ed Oliver (the same oliver you were making threads last offseason for us to trade up for) on this list? 

MSalmon likes this

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Must have hit a nerve. Always knew deep down you were a Tanker Boy, G. Glad to see you’re fully out of the closet now. :ninja:

FF70 threads aren’t near as dumb as your ‘Dexter Lawrence ain’t much’ mock draft silliness you painfully peppered the board with last draft season. I even saw last week you’re still foolishly claiming Lawrence wasn’t worthy of the high draft pick. 

https://www.pff.com/news/nfl-highest-graded-rookie-rankings-nfl-week-9-2019

LOL, and since you went there... speaking of dumb threads, where is your guy Ed Oliver (the same oliver you were making threads last offseason for us to trade up for) on this list? 

To think you used to be my favorite poster.

On 11/10/2019 at 9:49 PM, falcons007 said:

Playoffs or not I will take 9-7 over 4-12. 

DQ will certainly keep his job if that happens. I don't think that's ever happened in NFL history, when a team that started 1-7 finished with a winning record.

I wouldn't complain, as long as DK is gone and a true WCO style OC gets hired.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, No.11 said:

DQ will certainly keep his job if that happens. I don't think that's ever happened in NFL history, when a team that started 1-7 finished with a winning record.

DQ is gone unless it’s deep play off run. I would clean the house and keep assistants who called good games to get 7 more wins. DQ is redundant at this point.

15 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Lol. 49ers picked top 5 for 4 years before started winning. Heck they have too 5 pick bust on their DL.

Were missing the playoffs at 9-7 anyway. Losing the draft positioning, not smart at all in my book. Moral victories don't win trophies 

Ill take a win over the Saints more than any #1 draft pick.

Also, people who think wins from previous season "carry momentum" in to the next season are morons of the worst kind.

Vandy likes this

On 11/10/2019 at 9:22 PM, Vandy said:

Come out, come out from wherever you are!!!

All the clamoring for us to tank for Chase Young....Well, Birds won on road against Aints...Dolphins won on road again as well. Jets won landfill bowl over Giants....

L.O.L.

Dude, what is your point? You are cheering for a mediocre team at best. Unless we end up at the bottom to secure a pick that is TRULY IMPACTFUL, then it will be considered a failure. 

Old QB... Washed up running back... JJ, whose remaining talent is being squandered... A defense that is putrid... A front office who can't deliver talent when given the chance... Is this what you're cheering? I'd rather be cheering for Tua. I'd rather be cheering for Joe Burrow. I'd rather be cheering for Chase Young... They are transformational talents. Go ahead and cheer for 8-8. Where does that get you exactly? It gets you where you currently are... 

D.B.N. likes this

12 hours ago, No.11 said:

Quinn basically has shown the most effective thing he can do is stay out of the way of everything. I wouldn't mind keeping him if he fully delegates game management because if we ever make it back to the playoffs and he's still the one making important in-game decisions I would bet you a fortune it'll cost us a chance at a championship yet again. 

Edited by Dr Long Shot

1 hour ago, joeyg2033 said:

Dude, what is your point? You are cheering for a mediocre team at best. Unless we end up at the bottom to secure a pick that is TRULY IMPACTFUL, then it will be considered a failure. 

Old QB... Washed up running back... JJ, whose remaining talent is being squandered... A defense that is putrid... A front office who can't deliver talent when given the chance... Is this what you're cheering? I'd rather be cheering for Tua. I'd rather be cheering for Joe Burrow. I'd rather be cheering for Chase Young... They are transformational talents. Go ahead and cheer for 8-8. Where does that get you exactly? It gets you where you currently are... 

LOL