Vandy

Hey Tanker Boys

172 posts in this topic

28 minutes ago, Atlantafan21 said:

That’s true, but Chase Young is someone I actually wouldn’t mind trading up for if we really have to. Wouldn’t be surprised if a team does that come April. 

I would consider a trade up depending where we are in the draft.

I wanted the team that showed up for the first 8 games to tank. 

I don't want the team that showed up against the Saints to tank.

Where the heck did that come from?

Chi City Falcon and Vandy like this

1 hour ago, Geaux_Falcons said:

I would consider a trade up depending where we are in the draft.

I agree. If we’re in the top 10, I wouldn’t mind trashing up for him at all. If he somehow drops to around #5 and we’re in the teens, I’d trade up as well. 

4 hours ago, tl;dr said:

If you aren't amped up about a win over the Saints, you must not be a Falcons fan!!

It's always a good time to beat the Saints, tanking or not!!

Spoken like a true Bama fan! Roll Tide!!!

tl;dr and Black Francis like this

9 hours ago, Vandy said:

Come out, come out from wherever you are!!!

All the clamoring for us to tank for Chase Young....Well, Birds won on road against Aints...Dolphins won on road again as well. Jets won landfill bowl over Giants....

L.O.L.

However they do it,  I rather they have a top 3 pick.  One game doesn't change their season. They can go 9-7 and not make the playoffs...

SpongeDad and MAD597 like this

10 hours ago, Vandy said:

All the clamoring for us to tank for Chase Young....Well, Birds won on road against Aints...Dolphins won on road again as well. Jets won landfill bowl over Giants....

L.O.L.

As a tanker, I think I speak for other tankers too, we all wanted to beat the Taints. 

2 minutes ago, SpongeDad said:

As a tanker, I think I speak for other tankers too, we all wanted to beat the Taints..

Liar liar....:ninja:

And let me have my fun, SpongeDad

SpongeDad likes this

10 hours ago, Vandy said:

L.O.L.

Welcome to moes kiddos lol

Vandy likes this

7 hours ago, Dirtybird3 said:

That's just dumbbbbb

Lol. You play to win the game. There is a reason same losers pick in top 10 every year and the contenders picking late most of the years. They are winners and tankers are losers.

9 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Beating the Saints at their place supersedes any and all other considerations. Period. The Saints trolls will avoid this place like a radioactive waste dump after today. That alone is worth a lot.

Lemme tell ya, my friend. I was in New Orleans for Halloween and had the chance to tell many a person I was a Falcons fan (I mean, I WAS dressed as an NFL ref for the holiday, so football conversations started up pretty naturally). Every single fan was licking their chops to blow us away - they were anticipating winning at home by 40 points.

I can’t even necessarily blame them the way we’ve played this year. But just imagining the totally smug looks on all their faces at 1:00 pm yesterday slowly slipping into disbelief and defeat? All that confidence against their arch nemesis just to be manhandled in their own house?

There’s no draft pick sweeter than that. 

9 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

That’s true, but Chase Young is someone I actually wouldn’t mind trading up for if we really have to. Wouldn’t be surprised if a team does that come April. 

The recent history hasn’t been kind to top 5 or top 10 draft pick pass rushers. More than Half never made to pro bowl, only guy who is all pro in top 10 from 2014 is Vic Beasley. The two players who have been good for top 10 pick are Joey Bosa and Garret. Even that didn’t help their teams. 
I rather trade down and grab more players.

MAD597 likes this

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

L.O.L.

Rather tank for best pass rusher in draft than win games in a loss season.

D.B.N. and vitaman like this

11 hours ago, Vandy said:

L.O.L.

Did FFS1970 hack your account?

These are the dumbest threads

D.B.N. likes this

Tanker here, stupid to call us out like your an 8 year old on the playground.

Look we want what is best for the team long term, last year showed without a shadow of doubt that a few wins at the end of the season did hurt our draft position and DID NOT carry over momentum into this season.

When you can't go to the playoffs and can't even have a winning season a 7-9 or 8-8 record is probably the worst possible outcome you can have. Not good enough to make the playoffs not bad enough to get a good draft pick, stuck in perpetual mediocrity with the same crappy GM and coaches.

Who wants to be stuck like that? If you can't accomplish anything other than 8-8 or 7-9 in the season it seems silly. Mathematically right now the best we can do is 9-7 and we'd need a ton of help to make the playoffs. 

In the end though we are the fans we have no say in the direction of the team, we all have preferences to how the season should go and for me if we lose one more and can't even have a winning season I would prefer a full tank job and still try and get a top 10 draft pick.

7-9 and 8-8 is the worst possible outcome for a team especially multiple years in a row.

D.B.N., g-dawg and vitaman like this

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Finish 3-13 while sweeping the Saints and this season is still a success.

Yep best possible outcome currently, I don't want another 7-9 season where all the current coaches get another shot.

9 hours ago, Atlantafan21 said:

I agree. If we’re in the top 10, I wouldn’t mind trashing up for him at all. If he somehow drops to around #5 and we’re in the teens, I’d trade up as well. 

Na, we got to many holes to lose more draft picks on a single player if he is their when we pick fine but with our cap we need to get young good players to replace the expansive players we are going to have to cut to stay under the cap.

Never tank. Possibly get a top 5 draft pick (hopeful that may or may not pan out) will never make me fill as good as yesterday.

plus, I'm in the trade back we need more help than one player crowd myself.