Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Draftnut57

Brian Hill's biggest Fan is back

114 posts in this topic

Here is what we have seen the last two years....all the running backs look great once they get to the second level. Watch Freeman on his big runs on Sunday. He got past the line and boom first down. Same with Hill. Same with Ito in the past. Same with Ryan! But the issue is the line isn't making holes. When they do, great. When they don't, nothing.

Not sure why the offensive line has forgotten how to block for the run game since 2016. The personnel hadn't changed much before this year. Neither had the backs. Just different philosophies. I suppose. If it wasn't broke...

49 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

3ypc = no data

Where is your data? You're just posting lip service dude. No one is gonna bash him and say he sucks in the NFL.

Since sample size is irrelevant to you:

3.1 ypc = 1 game

5.4 ypc = 3 years

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

3.1 ypc = 1 game

5.4 ypc = 3 years

That 5.4ypc was in very few runs and after he busted one long one in different games to carry it up.

3 was when he got 20 carries and had an actual work load. He sucked.

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

That 5.4ypc was in very few runs and after he busted one long one in different games to carry it up.

3 was when he got 20 carries and had an actual work load. He sucked.

You just used 1 game to judge him as  trash.  I felt it more prudent to use 3 years.  So yes, my sample size is far more appropriate to use here

Just now, FalconsIn2012 said:

You just used 1 game to judge him as  trash.  I felt it more prudent to use 3 years.  So yes, my sample size is far more appropriate to use here

Hill has never shown any signs of being a good player. Stats or no stats. I want him to perform well, I really do. But we shouldn’t crown him after this last game which is what several people are doing. He was pretty ordinary, if anything below average. He just so happened to be apart of a big upset win that was actually more defense than anything. Yes, the team committed to the run. But the execution of it was actually very meh. 

The only thing I’ll credit Hill for is he does appear to be a hard runner. But otherwise, I’ve seen nothing different than what a backup RB looks like. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

4 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I've said he was trash all 3 years too. He's average at best. He gets 1 yd, 2 yd, 1 yd, 3 yd, 1yd, 2 yd, 15yd and then yall love him for some reason. Dude isnt consistent at all, doesnt make any moves, etc. He just runs.

JD dirtybird21 likes this

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Hill has never shown any signs of being a good player. Stats or no stats. I want him to perform well, I really do. But we shouldn’t crown him after this last game which is what several people are doing. He was pretty ordinary, if anything below average. He just so happened to be apart of a big upset win that was actually more defense than anything. Yes, the team committed to the run. But the execution of it was actually very meh. 

The only thing I’ll credit Hill for is he does appear to be a hard runner. But otherwise, I’ve seen nothing different than what a backup RB looks like. 

I think he is a quality #2 running back.  That’s all I’ve ever said.  

But to call him trash is the definition of ignorance.  He has value.  

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He had a good game and really stepped up and filled the void," Pro Bowl center Alex Mack said of Hill. "He's had a couple good times where his name has been called up unexpectedly in a game and he's delivered. That shows his work ethic and a guy that is paying attention, putting the work in. And it's paying off."

Mack mentioned how Hill has stepped up in several instances. One of those included last year's game in December at Carolina, when Hill stepped in alongside then-starter Tevin Coleman and rushed for a career-high 115 yards on just eight carries, including a 60-yard run.

Panthers coach Ron Rivera certainly is familiar with Hill's capabilities.

Again man, lip service. What’s Mack going to say? “Hill only averaged 3.1 YPC....that’s just not gonna cut it...” players and coaches ALWAYS compliment peers. Watch every coach’s conference this season PRIOR to playing the falcons, I’ll bet you anything they all say something like “The falcons are a good football team and Quinn is a terrific coach blah blah blah”.  That doesn’t mean it’s the actual truth 

1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

I've said he was trash all 3 years too. He's average at best. He gets 1 yd, 2 yd, 1 yd, 3 yd, 1yd, 2 yd, 15yd and then yall love him for some reason. Dude isnt consistent at all, doesnt make any moves, etc. He just runs.

Then use all 3 years of his stats.  Don’t cherry pick one game to fit your narrative

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think he is a quality #2 running back.  That’s all I’ve ever said.  

But to call him trash is the definition of ignorance.  He has value.  

Tevin Coleman is a solid #2. Hill? No. Could he be? Maybe. But again, he’s never shown that he is. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

3 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Tevin Coleman is a solid #2. Hill? No. Could he be? Maybe. But again, he’s never shown that he is. 

Coleman is a 1b.  Not a backup running back.  Hill makes $600,000 and can fill in admirably if need be.

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Coleman is a 1b.  Not a backup running back.  Hill makes $600,000 and can fill in admirably if need be.

Coleman has been a backup his entire career and thrived amazingly in that role. As a starter, he’s super average. Let’s keep salary out of it. Has nothing to do with Hill as a runner. 

Explain to me how Hill has proven he can be what Tevin Coleman was for this team. 

Ovie_Lover likes this

17 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Coleman has been a backup his entire career and thrived amazingly in that role. As a starter, he’s super average. Let’s keep salary out of it. Has nothing to do with Hill as a runner. 

Explain to me how Hill has proven he can be what Tevin Coleman was for this team. 

Let’s try this. What was the difference between Freeman and he’ll last Sunday? Was either one significantly better than the other?

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Let’s try this. What was the difference between Freeman and he’ll last Sunday? Was either one significantly better than the other?

.8 ypc. So almost a full yard.

Vandy likes this

18 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

You’re calling out Yo for using one game as an example and then you want to do the same thing with Freeman now? Come on man.

Freeman has a FAR more impressive resume than Hill. They don’t even compare at all. I asked you what makes you think Hill will replace the production that Tevin Coleman provided as the 2nd back here. You answered with a question to compare Freeman and Hill....

Vandy likes this

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Last week show once again even a mediocre RB like Hill can help us win if we don’t abandon the running game. 

Yup, all this re-newed  hill love by folks who’ve been hiding under rocks all season long is funny.

would sure like to see what Ollison could bring to our running game. The thing is, until our OL improves it’s difficult to evaluate any of our RBs. 

Exactly. We could have Frankenstein's Monster at RB but it wouldn't matter if he can't get more than 2 steps without someone running into him. It will be really interesting to see how differently players perform next year with a new coaching staff all around.

Vandy likes this

On 11/11/2019 at 7:23 PM, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Best thing about Hill is he actually falls forward during a tackle.. When he sees hes about to go down he puts everything into his forward movement.. Free and Smith seem to be pushed backwards too easily 

Agreed. 

Freeman would just crumple or get dragged into the pile... Hill falls forward. 

⚡Slumerican⚡ likes this

16 minutes ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

You’re calling out Yo for using one game as an example and then you want to do the same thing with Freeman now? Come on man.

Freeman has a FAR more impressive resume than Hill. They don’t even compare at all. I asked you what makes you think Hill will replace the production that Tevin Coleman provided as the 2nd back here. You answered with a question to compare Freeman and Hill....

To judge a player as a whole, one game is a joke.  But both competed in the same environment Sunday.  What did the eye test say on how they performed compare to one another.

I thought Free was very solid.  

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Then use all 3 years of his stats.  Don’t cherry pick one game to fit your narrative

All 3 years.

5 games 4ypc or higher

5 games 3.9 or lower. 

Inconsistent 

22 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

To judge a player as a whole, one game is a joke.  But both competed in the same environment Sunday.  What did the eye test say on how they performed compare to one another.

I thought Free was very solid.  

You’re still not answering my question 

Ovie_Lover likes this