Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Draftnut57

Brian Hill's biggest Fan is back

114 posts in this topic

He came into the Game with a 3.6  per carry,,, and he averaged 3.6 today,,  Now,, What dose this mean,, ?? 1. Every three touches he gets a first down... 2. He's still the most under rated player on our team.. 3. We are blessed to have this Young man to fill in and he is a player who gives his all on every play.  Yeap! I'm still His biggest Fan.. Just wanting to remind you how thankful you should be that we have him to fall back on when we need Him..  Don't forget,, I am his number 1 fan,,   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Godzilla1985 said:

First person I thought of when I hear Brain hills name.

He has always been under rated.. I think if he can stay healthy,, He'll have a lot of respect by the end of this year.He's very under rated.. I was the only one who had him my top twenty Draft game when we drafted him.. He's finally getting a chance to play some,, Not that I'm glad we are running low on backs,, But at least he's a good back up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The run game looked better today, but again way too many runs where there is nowhere for the back to go. It’s not that the defense stuffed the play, but rather just no hole or anything. The backs could cut back to a different hole or outside, but they don’t always get that option.

Hill looks more like a Coleman clone with that speed to the outside. He’s a better compliment to Freeman than Ito.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, XXVIII-III said:

I thought it was obvi in the preseason that it should have been him instead of Ito, but what do I know?

I just hope he can stay healthy so we will have a good back in our games..  We have some catching up to do...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Jesus said:

The run game looked better today, but again way too many runs where there is nowhere for the back to go. It’s not that the defense stuffed the play, but rather just no hole or anything. The backs could cut back to a different hole or outside, but they don’t always get that option.

Hill looks more like a Coleman clone with that speed to the outside. He’s a better compliment to Freeman than Ito.

He's better than Freeman at this point period , should be starting 

FalconJim and Draftnut57 like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, caponine said:

He's better than Freeman at this point period , should be starting 

That;s what I thought but I'm not the coach..I guess we can look at it like we have an upgrade ,, and that's a good thing!! AS I've said so many times.. I was Free's biggest fan the year we drafted him. I've actually been shocked that Free has palyed as well as he has.. But It's hard on a RB after so many seasons to keep up the same pace.. They have a hard job.... But glad we have Hill to fall back on...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got his autograph on my shirt his rookie year. I remember yelling out loud what he said before the draft "Best running back in the draft" at him and him looking at me and cracking the smile saying "That's me!!"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Draftnut57 said:

That;s what I thought but I'm not the coach..I guess we can look at it like we have an upgrade ,, and that's a good thing!! AS I've said so many times.. I was Free's biggest fan the year we drafted him. I've actually been shocked that Free has palyed as well as he has.. But It's hard on a RB after so many seasons to keep up the same pace.. They have a hard job.... But glad we have Hill to fall back on...

 

8 minutes ago, caponine said:

He's better than Freeman at this point period , should be starting 

I don’t know if he’s better but he looks fresher. Running backs have such short shelf lives. No team should be relying on one to last for more than four years anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jesus said:

 

I don’t know if he’s better but he looks fresher. Running backs have such short shelf lives. No team should be relying on one to last for more than four years anymore.

That's right,, and even thou we have Hill ,, and he's a good back,, we may need to pick up another Veteran Back sense we are running low on backs  right now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jesus said:

 

I don’t know if he’s better but he looks fresher. Running backs have such short shelf lives. No team should be relying on one to last for more than four years anymore.

 Well , I was a huge Freeman fan  when we drafted him and he was a good back averaging 3 ypc this year.. But thankfully we have Hill who is averaging 3.6 yards per carry this year.. That is the differance of a young back and an older back.. Love um both, but it's Hill's time to shine.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

He came into the Game with a 3.6  per carry,,, and he averaged 3.6 today,,  Now,, What dose this mean,, ?? 1. Every three touches he gets a first down... 2. He's still the most under rated player on our team.. 3. We are blessed to have this Young man to fill in and he is a player who gives his all on every play.  Yeap! I'm still His biggest Fan.. Just wanting to remind you how thankful you should be that we have him to fall back on when we need Him..  Don't forget,, I am his number 1 fan,,   

He averaged 3 yards a carry. They literally do the math for you dude. And 3.9 yard average isnt a first down every 3 runs otherwise teams would just run the ball every play. 

Go back to your hole.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, LouDog said:

Ive been a Hill fan for a while. He just needs to continue getting carries and he will produce

Man I was indifferent until now. I think he gets better with more touches. Free looked good too today before the injury.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He averaged 3 yards a carry. They literally do the math for you dude. And 3.9 yard average isnt a first down every 3 runs otherwise teams would just run the ball every play. 

Go back to your hole.

It was the time I made the average from... Hill is 5" taller and weighs around 15 lbs more.. Hill is a Load and a Great receiver as well... He caught that last TD. As I've said many many time.. Hill  was very underrated.. But He'll start getting some respect in future games .   ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Draftnut57 said:

He came into the Game with a 3.6  per carry,,, and he averaged 3.6 today,,  Now,, What dose this mean,, ?? 1. Every three touches he gets a first down... 2. He's still the most under rated player on our team.. 3. We are blessed to have this Young man to fill in and he is a player who gives his all on every play.  Yeap! I'm still His biggest Fan.. Just wanting to remind you how thankful you should be that we have him to fall back on when we need Him..  Don't forget,, I am his number 1 fan,,   

 

13 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

He averaged 3 yards a carry. They literally do the math for you dude. And 3.9 yard average isnt a first down every 3 runs otherwise teams would just run the ball every play. 

Go back to your hole.

@Draftnut57 = Hill's biggest fan

@Ovie_Lover = Hill's biggest hater

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Wardog357 said:

He really did play his tail off! Can't have nothing but respect for the way he played today. 

Can you imagine Hill and Ollison as the One Two Punch?

Wardog357 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Can you imagine Hill and Ollison as the One Two Punch?

I want to see that this weekend with Free probably out.   They may still trust Barner more given Quad was active but didn't get a snap in NO.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Monolith2001 said:

I want to see that this weekend with Free probably out.   They may still trust Barner more given Quad was active but didn't get a snap in NO.   

True. Maybe we should just use Barner as a Change of Pace Back. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Been saying it since last season I like how he runs his vision has improved since his first stint. People were telling me the Carolina game didn’t count because of his one big run but it was the burst and vision on the other runs that impressed me, even if they didn’t go for huge gains against one of the best front 7s in football.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0