Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Monolith2001

He was wide open...here's why!

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, LouDog said:

Ive been telling folks Hill needed playing time over Ollison

Hill has some seriously talented flashes. I'm really glad he's doing do well. But I do really want to see a game where Ollison gets significant playing time. 

Part of me thinks that our coaches are playing 3D chess with this season and have been purposefully holding back our rookies until this big divisional streak of games and we're gonna come through and surprise everyone. But that's probably just a coping mechanism to get me through this season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Agreed and free just isn’t the answer anymore

In his defense I will say he did a great job of attacking the holes today....but yeah, we have a couple of RB's that are really a better value for the team due to size and speed.  Was really glad to see the success of the depth chart at RB today be as good as they were....big congrats to all of them.

Drvillain likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Hill has some seriously talented flashes. I'm really glad he's doing do well. But I do really want to see a game where Ollison gets significant playing time. 

Part of me thinks that our coaches are playing 3D chess with this season and have been purposefully holding back our rookies until this big divisional streak of games and we're gonna come through and surprise everyone. But that's probably just a coping mechanism to get me through this season.

I just don't see it in Ollison. Dude averaged 3.6 against backup players in the pre-season and if you take away his one good run he was much worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, LouDog said:

I just don't see it in Ollison. Dude averaged 3.6 against backup players in the pre-season and if you take away his one good run he was much worse.

I don't remember exactly why but I watched him in the preseason and came away thinking that he looked great. I like what he theoretically has to offer in his skill set a lot. But I will say that I think Hill could easily be our number one back. 

I'm not a huge fan of Ito for no good reason and I'm not sure why. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ATLskinjob said:

Part of me thinks that our coaches are playing 3D chess with this season and have been purposefully holding back our rookies until this big divisional streak of games and we're gonna come through and surprise everyone.

Ah ha! The ol' "lose 7 games so they underestimate you" trick! :lol:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, LouDog said:

I just don't see it in Ollison. Dude averaged 3.6 against backup players in the pre-season and if you take away his one good run he was much worse.

I liked the Ollison pick and I do want to see him get real play time.  He is in many ways following the same path that Hill has followed...promising young back who just doesn't get opportunities to show his value.  He did alright in his ops in preseason and we will not know what we have until we put him out there against real NFL competition.

Peteshweddy likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, skullkrusher07 said:

In his defense I will say he did a great job of attacking the holes today....but yeah, we have a couple of RB's that are really a better value for the team due to size and speed.  Was really glad to see the success of the depth chart at RB today be as good as they were....big congrats to all of them.

Absolutely and yes Free did some good things today for sure!

PokerSteve likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Mescalito said:

Ollison must not be a very good blocker yet.  That's about the only reason that I can think of why he hasn't seen the field yet.

He had a few fumbles during preseason and camp. 

Mescalito likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, NWFALCON said:

He had a few fumbles during preseason and camp. 

Yeah, forgot about that.  Why not try him though since we're 2-7?  It's not like Freeman doesn't fumble.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2019 at 6:53 PM, LouDog said:

Ive been telling folks Hill needed playing time over Ollison

Thats not something to brag about, im almost positive Ollison is a better back than Hill but just because its the Falcons way Ollison isnt going to get the snaps. Hills definitely not a #1 back and Ollison isnt either at this point, but both need playing time 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

Thats not something to brag about, im almost positive Ollison is a better back than Hill but just because its the Falcons way Ollison isnt going to get the snaps. Hills definitely not a #1 back and Ollison isnt either at this point, but both need playing time 

What makes you so positive? The 3.6 ypc Ollison averaged against 3rd stringers in pre-season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, LouDog said:

What makes you so positive? The 3.6 ypc Ollison averaged against 3rd stringers in pre-season?

No, you or i dont have anything much to compare the 2 on. Ollison ran good in college and definitely had some good runs in preseason. I really liked the vison Ollison ran with vs Hill being a straight line back. I would like to see a game they ran together as a tandom honestly, they will probably complement each other 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

No, you or i dont have anything much to compare the 2 on. Ollison ran good in college and definitely had some good runs in preseason. I really liked the vison Ollison ran with vs Hill being a straight line back. I would like to see a game they ran together as a tandom honestly, they will probably complement each other 

I'm not saying Ollison will be a bust but this board has the habit of making players out to be something special before they have proven anything. I want to see it first. At this point Hill has averaged 5.0 per carry in limited oppurtunities in his career. So far Hill has proven more than Ollison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, DriveHomeSafelyAtlantaWins said:

Ah ha! The ol' "lose 7 games so they underestimate you" trick! :lol:

Yeah we got 'em right where we want 'em. This was DQ's mastermind strategy all along!

Coincidence that at the same time we entered divisional play that we put the DB coach back to coaching the DB's and the other moves?... I think NOT.

Evil Genius man... the O.E.G.

DanQuinn.jpg?fit=1200,800&ssl=1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Mescalito said:

Yeah, forgot about that.  Why not try him though since we're 2-7?  It's not like Freeman doesn't fumble.

Maybe he’s fumbled in practice? I’m not sure. They’ve been really quiet about him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0