Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
NaGaBoy

Undefeated in Division

13 posts in this topic

I see a lot of negative posts on here.  "We will lose by a lot today" before the game.  "We are screwing up the draft" after the win.  Here is something to think about.  We are undefeated in the NFCS.  Do you know what that means?  What are the possibilities?

VTCrunkler likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I see a lot of negative posts on here.  "We will lose by a lot today" before the game.  "We are screwing up the draft" after the win.  Here is something to think about.  We are undefeated in the NFCS.  Do you know what that means?  What are the possibilities?

This is actually one of the most underrated aspects of DQ's tenure. Since 2016, the Falcons have never finished worse than 4-2 in the division, and that includes last season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Champagne said:

Playoffs are within reach. Nobody wanted to believe me when I said it a couple of weeks ago.

I admit that I ignored your message.  I failed to look at who we lost to and all of our division games were ahead of us.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Now this is something to hang our hats on.  Car will be 5-4; TB is 3-6. We can climb back into division.  ESP if Aints stumble.  We gotta run table but who knows.  I’m frustrated but looking for a bright spot this may be it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, Champagne said:

Playoffs are within reach. Nobody wanted to believe me when I said it a couple of weeks ago.

 

2 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

Now this is something to hang our hats on.  Car will be 5-4; TB is 3-6. We can climb back into division.  ESP if Aints stumble.  We gotta run table but who knows.  I’m frustrated but looking for a bright spot this may be it.  

I’m as optimistic as anyone, but the chances of that are VERY slim, even if we win out, we’d need the saints to win at most two games. If we were 4-5 following this game, like we would be if officiating wasn’t *** in previous games, then we’d definitely have a chance. But alas, we really don’t. That doesn’t mean I don’t want us to beat our division rivals though, especially the saints. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, NaGaBoy said:

I see a lot of negative posts on here.  "We will lose by a lot today" before the game.  "We are screwing up the draft" after the win.  Here is something to think about.  We are undefeated in the NFCS.  Do you know what that means?  What are the possibilities?

Do you know what Mike’s Smith division record was going into the last game of the season the year he was fired?

5-0

The Falcons finished 5-1 but the Panthers won the division with a 4-2 division record.

It goes by overall record then if there’s a tie division record.

Falcons could go 6-0 in he division but lose the division if any team in the division finishes with a better overall record.

So if the Falcons don’t lose another game the Saints would need to lose an additional 5 games and finish 8-8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Literally the only player we could realistically miss out on is Chase Young, and in all likelihood he's the first guy taken (3rd at worst). We'd have to lose out to have a shot at him, and that's no fun. Could easily go 6-10 or something and get a guy like Okudah or Delpit, and Delpit is THE guy imho.

Who knows - if we lose next week, it's back to being alright with losses (at least till the next Saints game). But the team gave us hope...that's something.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Do you know what Mike’s Smith division record was going into the last game of the season the year he was fired?

5-0

The Falcons finished 5-1 but the Panthers won the division with a 4-2 division record.

It goes by overall record then if there’s a tie division record.

Falcons could go 6-0 in he division but lose the division if any team in the division finishes with a better overall record.

So if the Falcons don’t lose another game the Saints would need to lose an additional 5 games and finish 8-8.

So, you are saying there is a chance?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ZERO chance we win the division, ZERO! We’d have to win out and the Saints would have to lose 5 of their next 7. Our best bet will be the wildcard but we’d need a miracle since we’d lose the tie-breaker to the Vikings, Cardinals, Seahawks, etc.... We’d basically need to it to come down between us and the Eagles. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Falcons  have better odds at Wild card than winning the division. Seahawks or Niners will probably both playoffs, one as a WC and other as NFCW winner. Rams are imploding with Offense who hasn’t scored TD in 17 drives. Hope Vikings go down. Cowboys win NFCE and Eagles end up 9-7 along with Vikings and Rams. In that case Falcons will have 3 way tie and make playoffs. 
 

Let’s just say it ain’t happening. If they were 3-4 or 2-5 coming in to this game, there would be hope.

Drew4719 and Malachore like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, matty72780 said:

ZERO chance we win the division, ZERO! We’d have to win out and the Saints would have to lose 5 of their next 7. Our best bet will be the wildcard but we’d need a miracle since we’d lose the tie-breaker to the Vikings, Cardinals, Seahawks, etc.... We’d basically need to it to come down between us and the Eagles. 

Nothing to add except to say I have that exact same card Scott Case card autographed.

matty72780 likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Falcons  have better odds at Wild card than winning the division. Seahawks or Niners will probably both playoffs, one as a WC and other as NFCW winner. Rams are imploding with Offense who hasn’t scored TD in 17 drives. Hope Vikings go down. Cowboys win NFCE and Eagles end up 9-7 along with Vikings and Rams. In that case Falcons will have 3 way tie and make playoffs. 
 

Let’s just say it ain’t happening. If they were 3-4 or 2-5 coming in to this game, there would be hope.

If only we hadn’t gotten screwed in Arizona, we’d at least have a semblance of a chance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0