lju713

Oliver and Sheffield

44 posts in this topic

Good game overall and a good confidence boost for them. Micheal Thomas is a beast, and gets targeted alot. To hold Brees to 0 tds is huge.

More importantly, it proves it's time to get rid of Tru. Then use that money to help the pass rush. 

Osiruz, bertrain7, FWEST1 and 11 others like this

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Yeah, he was. I get the cross training aspect for Morris to learn more. I don't get waiting until secondary was in shambles before switching back

Especially when our DBs were the worst part of the entire team first half...

MSalmon likes this

8 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Never got the position switch. Quinn outsmarted himself. Put people where they're best positioned to succeed.

It was a request by Morris.  He was a defensive guy, and wanted to get more balanced with his experience to help him down the road with getting another head coaching job.  This wasn't just Quinn making a switch out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Especially when our DBs were the worst part of the entire team first half...

Exactly. Everyone pounds on the DL--and they had down issues--but the secondary was atrocious...von miller, JJ Watt (healthy), Aaron Donald and Bruce Smith in his home would have issues getting sacks with that the of coverage

Cheap Talk likes this

33 minutes ago, lju713 said:

Good game overall and a good confidence boost for them. Micheal Thomas is a beast, and gets targeted alot. To hold Brees to 0 tds is huge.

More importantly, it proves it's time to get rid of Tru. Then use that money to help the pass rush. 

I've gotta say, we always seem to look better when Trufant goes out. Strangest thing...

2 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

I've gotta say, we always seem to look better when Trufant goes out. Strangest thing...

Good point...not sure why but we do seem to always look better when Trufant is not playing.

VTCrunkler and ATLskinjob like this

28 minutes ago, atljbo said:

Sheffield has been a pleasant surprise ... I thought he would sit out this year and we will see but dude has played mostly good.... Even when he was beat vs the seahawks... He had great coverage

He was all over guys today. He could run step for step with Ginn! Not many guys are that fast. Always tight coverage.

ATLskinjob and VTCrunkler like this

24 minutes ago, ATLskinjob said:

Tru was never an ideal fit in DQ's system. That's got to be the single worst contract handed out in the DQ/TD era. Freeman's excuse is at least injuries and we can get out of it easy this offseason. Tru still has a ton of dead cap to be eaten...but at least we can gain $5M by letting him go.

bdog 29 and ATLskinjob like this

Sheffield has impressed me (by rookie standards on a bad defense).  He's never far away and more physical than I expected.  Oliver has turned into quite the tackler and physical presence at CB that I did not expect at all.  What he isn't, is great in coverage.  He's not far off and I can see tons of potential but like so many other athletes on this team, you just don't know if they will actually be good.

ATLskinjob and Ergo Proxy like this

14 minutes ago, Knight of God said:

Cover 1 and 3 looked good. They used Allen and Kazee I’m roving Safety it looked like. I like it.

I could understand them putting Allen/Neal back to S to start the season. It wasn't bad until Neal went out and our corners kept playing terribly, plus the new 3-4/5-2 stuff.

If we gonna only role with Ish (tried to trade for Cyprien but IR) then this is way better going with Allen/Kazee. At least Morris can help with their communication.

Meanwhile, Sheffield can BALL so far. Ginn had 0 catches. I noticed we put Kendall on him a couple times and had him go to the slot, brought Blidi in.

To top it off, Oliver played a solid game, too. Fix the front 7 and figure out S tandem moving forward...D might be legit next year.

If we win out against the NFC South...do we still move on from DQ if Ulbrich/Morris combo has the magic? Make Dirk call games more like an actual WCO or remove Dirk. I think we abandon the run again if the D can't hold the Saints like they did today. I don't trust Dirk. So predictable with first down runs...but at least it was 50/50 today.