Hard2BaBirdWachr

How are y'all feeling right now

92 posts in this topic

My total dislike of the Saints can be traced back to when I saw the Falcons beat them in FCS back in 1970 at the ripe age of 6.  I remember my parents and everybody around us kind of acting like it was our job to hate the Saints.  THEY were the enemy.  They were our biggest rivalry - even though both teams were fairly new, and this was the first year where we started playing them twice a year.

You know - this season has been an absolute abortion.  I've been angry all season long (with maybe the exception of the Eagles game).  That being said - having the birds go to THEIR house and curb-stomping them (with their 7-1 record) gave me the biggest $__t-eating grin I've had all season. :)

If you're going to really suck, beating the snot out of your biggest rival goes a long way in making things seem not quite so bad...

JDaveG likes this

9 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

I thought it was Stomping !! :lol:

Had to revisit this album again to start out the work morning.  You are correct, sir.  Awesome song.

Ezekiel 25:17 likes this

1 hour ago, ATL_666 said:

Had to revisit this album again to start out the work morning.  You are correct, sir.  Awesome song.

A black man stalking always turns out bad so I figured it wasn’t! :lol:

Falcons beating the Saints always makes me happy. The look of frustration on Breez's face also made me smile. The way the defense played yesterday was very refreshing, as it showed that we do have guys that can play. The Falcons CBs playing up closer to the WRs of the Saints was hugely beneficial on the pass rush. I think it is safe to say that the Saints were thinking they were going to see what we've seen all year, which is a defense that was constantly out of position. Yesterday, the Falcons D looked poised pre-snap and did what I've been hoping they'd do all along. 

18 hours ago, octoslash said:

So... You wanted the Saints to beat us.

Own it.

Yes,yes I did. So they beat us when we suck,rather that than a number one seed berth on the line.

18 hours ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

How about "Hello 9 - 7 and playoffs"?

No? 

Draft is fun and all, but we can have whomever we want. Just a matter of playing chess.

Lol no,you can't have "whomever"

18 hours ago, bertrain7 said:

Dolphins and bengals are teams more up your alley to cheer for. Good luck.

Lol. 

2 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

A black man stalking always turns out bad so I figured it wasn’t! :lol:

In my defense, "stalking" would have fit the theme of that album. 

24 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

In my defense, "stalking" would have fit the theme of that album. 

Uh... So would have Chris Hansen, in that case! :lol:

5 minutes ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

Uh... So would have Chris Hansen, in that case! :lol:

I was thinking more along the lines of the guys in blue suits.  Not children.  Neverimnd, moving on...

14 minutes ago, ATL_666 said:

I was thinking more along the lines of the guys in blue suits.  Not children.  Neverimnd, moving on...

Oh man, I missed your point big time! :lol:

21 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Hale to the yes. We won. We beat them on their home field in front of their slobbering, swampy fans. We smacked Brees around like a red-headed step-child. Then we held them out of the end zone when they were desperately trying to salvage some small shred of pride when time ran out. If it gets much better than this, then it probably happens when you get to heaven. :slick:

So what it doesn't mean anything all it means we lose draft position.
it's time for us to win some meaningless games 

52 minutes ago, 81KJW said:

So what it doesn't mean anything all it means we lose draft position.
it's time for us to win some meaningless games 

It's the Stanks, bro. At their house. Enjoy the moment. They're few and far between with this team.

My thoughts are confused at the moment.  Only a handful of people know the real reason why Morris wasn't coaching on the defensive side of the ball and/or we didn't fill his spot with someone competent.  Our secondary has looked like garbage all year, up until yesterday.  We put Morris back where he should have been all along, and suddenly everything is perfect.  Whoever made the call to allow Morris to go to offense and whoever decided that we didn't need a GOOD coach coaching the secondary, needs to pack their bags.  I don't know who that person is.  It might be Quinn.  It might be TD.  It might be Blank.  Whatever the case, they are a detriment to the team and they should no longer have a seat at the table.

If Morris wanted to try his hand at other things, he could have done so during the pre-season, or in a different league.  You don't just switch from defense to offense without any experience.  You don't play merry go round with your coaching staff.  You put people in positions where they excel.  That's why most NFL players know their position by the time they hit the NFL, they have been trained, as a professional, at a specific position.  Coaching should be the same way.  You should not be a noob position coach.  You should have earned your way into the spot due to performance in a similar area.  OL coach -> Assistant OC, OC, and finally HC.  You shouldn't go from TE coach to secondary coach, or vice versa...  Not at the NFL level.

It sure looks like this entire year was a failure of management.  Whoever made those calls should no longer have a seat at the table.