Nino11

Quinn Job is Safe

109 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Thelonious Mingus said:

Ulbrich may have saved Quinn's job if he keeps this up.

I only agree with OP if we can sweep the NFC South.

How DQ didn’t think to let Ulbrich be the DC and put Morris back with DBs means you can’t trust him to make the correct decisions as the HC.

MSalmon, Pacific_Falcon and Nino11 like this

25 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Call it what you want, but from Blank comments about still evaluating him and the Falcons responding the way they did today, I think he gets another shot. Fluke or not, this just saved Quinn’s job

Today just shows how UNNEEDED Dan Quinn is. 

Pacific_Falcon and BUBBASBEANS like this

9 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

DQ is gone unless this team goes deep in playoffs.

Dude, the team played for their coach and you can see the joy in their face...This could be a momentum shift—The Falcons shower they have the talent to win games.

Quinn still has 7 games left to screw up his job.

Blank is just obviously not one who wants to deal with coaching changes during the season.

2 minutes ago, stingbee said:

Dude, the team played for their coach and you can see the joy in their face...This could be a momentum shift—The Falcons shower they have the talent to win games.

Too late. DQ isn’t the defensive guru. Ulbrich was better. This team needs a better HC.

i always felt like the change in defensive scheme was really aimed toward one man...Beasley. Quinn thought it would allow him to shine...thus make his investment prove worth it. we knew better and NOW Quinn knows better. Ulbrich put the team back to what it knows and play best!! kudos to McGary...played his *** off against one of the best in the league!! in fact kudos to the enire Oline...best game of the season...

Edited by sanfranfalcon

10 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

A 26-9 win prIves he’s clueless. Some of you are grasping at anything right now.

He turned over the playcalling and we didn't give up a TD, but we where the worse defense in the league with him calling the shots. Don't fool yourself,  he is useless. 

Pacific_Falcon likes this

If the Falcons play 80% as good as they did for the rest of the season - I'd be maybe okay with Quinn staying.  Though it was done under total anxiety, the fact that Quinn turned the D play-calling duties over impressed me, though.  Maybe there's hope after all.

I still want "Hair Boy" (Dimitroff) gone.  

PokerSteve likes this

I’m not saying who deserves what. Blank isn’t a knee jerk kind of guy. He likes consistency. If he was going to fire Quinn he woulda did so before the bye. He’s also giving Quinn every chance in the world to save his job. Falcons mess around and sweep the Saints and go .500 in the division Quinn stays. And I’m on board with the Tank for Chase Train. 

Since1990 and Realsurfin like this

36 minutes ago, Thelonious Mingus said:

Ulbrich may have saved Quinn's job if he keeps this up.

The team seems to perform better the less direct involvement Quinn has with anything going on during the games. If he just stays at the house on game days, we may never lose another game.

This is exactly why it’s hard for me to enjoy this the way I should enjoy a win against the Saints. That and the whole 2-7 thing. 

Nino11 likes this

IMHO AB doesn't really want to fire DQ and TD so he won't. But we see what could be if he and TD had a little more  Flexibility. Play a bigger back (Hill) I wish we could have gave Ollison a few snaps. Morris, Ulbrich and Parmelee coaching where they should have been all the time. Sheffield and Bl Wilson playing CB. Playing Foye more. Playing Graham some. Man if we go back and get Larkin, TBJ and Hageman I bet we are going to be better.

2 hours ago, 32wood84white said:

Man the hate is hard right here. The way we played today is an indictment against the head coach over the entire team? A 26-9 *** whooping makes the head coach look bad??

Guess I missed the memo

Today game is the first time Quinn gave up play calling on defense.  So you tell me does it makes Quinn looks good or bad with how the defense played?  They had just 7 sacks in the first 8 games.  They had 6 sacks today...and Quinn didn’t call the plays today.  If anything this game should make people want Quinn gone more than before.

42 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Blank doesn’t like change. He gave Smitty a Chance after his 4-12 season. I think Quinn gets another one. To date his worse season has been 7-9. Smitty went 4-12 and 5-11 before getting the boot

Smitty also was the first coach in our history to have back to back winning seasons. 

8 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

He turned over the playcalling and we didn't give up a TD, but we where the worse defense in the league with him calling the shots. Don't fool yourself,  he is useless. 

Wether he turned over the play calling or not doesn’t matter. The head coach of the team got HIS team (entire team) ready for a dominant 26-9 win. That’s doing his job and doing it very well.

11 minutes ago, sanfranfalcon said:

i always felt like the change in defensive scheme was really aimed toward one man...Beasley. Quinn thought it would allow him to shine...thus make his investment prove worth it. we knew better and NOW Quinn knows better. Ulbrich put the team back to what it knows and play best!! kudos to McGary...played his *** off against one of the best in the league!! in fact kudos to the enire Oline...best game of the season...

Huh? Beasley balled out today

6 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

I’m not saying who deserves what. Blank isn’t a knee jerk kind of guy. He likes consistency. If he was going to fire Quinn he woulda did so before the bye. He’s also giving Quinn every chance in the world to save his job. Falcons mess around and sweep the Saints and go .500 in the division Quinn stays. And I’m on board with the Tank for Chase Train. 

TD needs to go before off season so the new guy can get things together before the draft and fa season.  We don't need TD during season.  Quinn can go end of season.  I really have no long term confidence in him anymore.  He would have to really show a lot for me to want him here.   At least today he did not seem to be out coached.

1 minute ago, MSalmon said:

Huh? Beasley balled out today

was talking about the change to the 5/2 defense or whatever it was before today....Ulbrich put the team back in a 4/3...

4 minutes ago, 32wood84white said:

Wether he turned over the play calling or not doesn’t matter. The head coach of the team got HIS team (entire team) ready for a dominant 26-9 win. That’s doing his job and doing it very well.

How is he getting the team ready if other ppl are doing all the work? He is nothing but a cheerleader and serves no real purpose on this team, we have a guy who calls timeouts because he's incapable of managing the clock. He's a bum

Pacific_Falcon likes this

Just now, sanfranfalcon said:

was talking about the change to the 5/2 defense or whatever it was before today....Ulbrich put the team back in a 4/3...

Oh, I got you. I'm not sure who DQ did that for..didnt help Beasley. He's a 43 guy through and through as we saw today

Well Quinn finally has a scheme and playcalling that fits the players he has.  I think our defense and offense was not buying the current scheme until we finally changed the **** thing

Dukeduke211 likes this