Nino11

Quinn Job is Safe

98 posts in this topic

Just now, caponine said:

For the rest of the season 

Blank doesn’t like change. He gave Smitty a Chance after his 4-12 season. I think Quinn gets another one. To date his worse season has been 7-9. Smitty went 4-12 and 5-11 before getting the boot

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

If this Ulbrich showing is legit and we look competitive from here on out and finish the second half over .500 he may get another year.

Agreed

2 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

7 games to play... if anything, the play of the defense today was in indictment against DQ... I see no reason why we should keep him, he is still the guy responsible for the mess that the season has been.

Pretty much.

What this indicates is how badly the play calling has been on D, and all of the recent changes that led to today indicate what a poor decision maker DQ really is.

He had coaches coaching the wrong positions. His play calling was atrocious, and him thinking he could handle being HC and DC indicates a complete lack of self awareness. 

So we're back to where we were before he implemented his big plans: He's the rah rah guy who probably still doesn't know how to call a timeout. Luckily today he didn't have to do that.

15 minutes ago, Nino11 said:

Call it what you want, but from Blank comments about still evaluating him and the Falcons responding the way they did today, I think he gets another shot. Fluke or not, this just saved Quinn’s job

He’s still gone at the end of the season. This is just one game. We might do like last year and ruin are chances at a high draft pick. But no way AB tolerates another season of missing the playoffs.

13 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

7 games to play... if anything, the play of the defense today was in indictment against DQ... I see no reason why we should keep him, he is still the guy responsible for the mess that the season has been.

Man the hate is hard right here. The way we played today is an indictment against the head coach over the entire team? A 26-9 *** whooping makes the head coach look bad??

Guess I missed the memo

One win does not make up for the whole season.  Folks said the same thing after the last win.  So now you think we are 9-7? LoLI will enjoy the reat of the day and week.  But I still want to see Quinn and TD get pink slips.

Edited by Realsurfin
Halcon-1 likes this

Weird.  Didn't pay any attention to the scoreboard today (I'm at work) and I just check and see the Falcons beat the Saints.

I have that same "WTF just happened" feeling that I had in the closing moments of 28-3.

Seriously.  This can't be the same team from the first 8 games.

slick0ne likes this

5 minutes ago, B_Lo_Touchdowns said:

No he's still gone, this game only further proves he's clueless. Should've never tried to be the DC. Fire his @$$ today regardless 

A 26-9 win prIves he’s clueless. Some of you are grasping at anything right now.

dodge_birds_fan likes this

You’re a fool if you don’t think AB will consider keeping DQ if we continue to play like this the rest of the season. One would have to consider all the new coaches are finally jelling. Do we start over .... let’s wait and see what happens the next seven gms