RubberDucky

Go ahead and officially promote Ulbrich to DC

41 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Absolute said:

DQ should be let go because we should have been playing like this all season...not 9 games in.

Say DQ goes 6-2 in the 2nd half....6 of which are division games....

Kinda foolish to fire him after turning it around. Especially if this Defense continues as it has. I'd be all for firing Koetter's dumb *** tho.

Edited by RubberDucky

1 minute ago, RubberDucky said:

Kinda foolish to fire him after turning it around. Especially if this Defense continues as it has. I'd be all for firing Koetter's dumb *** tho.

7-9 wouldn't make me want to keep him...

Jimsmusic™ likes this

1 minute ago, Absolute said:

DQ should be let go because we should have been playing like this all season...not 9 games in.

I mean I'm at least happy that he at least figured out what the exact changes he needed. 

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

The big thing is, if the D has a good rest of the year, it will make it much easier to fire Quinn. Won't have to be so concerned about replacing OC and DC at the same time. 

Way too soon to tell though. 

18 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

After what he showed today, we need to be able to block interviews. No matter what happens w/ the rest of the staff he's looking like he needs to be a keeper.

Wont complain about that 

Just now, jonnyblooz said:

The big thing is, if the D has a good rest of the year, it will make it much easier to fire Quinn. Won't have to be so concerned about replacing OC and DC at the same time. 

Way too soon to tell though. 

Huh? Usually a HC brings his guys in, so this makes no sense.

ATLSlobberKnockers likes this

13 minutes ago, PHALCONABERNATHY said:

I am in awe. Very, very impressed! Sleep well Mr. Ulbrich. You have done very well today!

No doubt Author Blank has his number stored in his cell now ;)

9 minutes ago, RubberDucky said:

Too little too late. 

We need to beat AFC teams

2 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Huh? Usually a HC brings his guys in, so this makes no sense.

If he keeps it up, new HC would be dumb to let him walk. Retaining a talented defensive play-caller that already has continuity w/ the team would be huge. Especially if we hired a guy from the college ranks.

Just now, RubberDucky said:

If he keeps it up, new HC would be dumb to let him walk. Retaining a talented defensive play-caller that already has continuity w/ the team would be huge. Especially if we hired a guy from the college ranks.

Not disagreeing, but it just doesn’t typically happen that way. It’s a buddy system.

3 minutes ago, quotemokc said:

Too little too late. 

We need to beat AFC teams

If that were the case, why would he still be here. Hate to break it to ya, but if he has righted the ship he aint going nowhere. And this is from someone calling for his head in week 3.

Edited by RubberDucky

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Not disagreeing, but it just doesn’t typically happen that way. It’s a buddy system.

True that, but the FO could say "Ulbrich Stays. Make it work or find a different job."

Of course this is all contingent on us performing like this over the next 7 games.

2 minutes ago, Romfal said:

so DQ, what would you say you do here?

May have been poor at balancing all he was trying to do, but I dont think any of us can really question his ability to find talent for our real defensive system (The 4-3 we ran today).

Edited by RubberDucky