Disregard Joe Burrow; Any NFL Team NOT throwing the bank at Joe Brady this offseason isn't trying to win.

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Bring Carmichael in as HC & Brady in as OC.  They worked together well for two years in NO. Carmichael averaged 29 ppg the one year he called the plays so it would be a unique situation. 

Or if you want to gut the Saints, grab Dennis Allen as well.  The staff would be

Co-HC/DC: Dennis Allen

Co-HC/OC: Carmichael Jr

Co-OC/QB Coach: Joe Brady

If nothing else it would give Sean Payton an aneurism 

1 hour ago, Vandy said:

Just accomplishing that is worth it to me, 2012. 

10 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

**** it would be a miracle. Aints will block Carmichael and Dennis Allen for anything less than a Falcons HC. 

Double 0-7 just bring Carmichael in as the HC and make Dennis the Assistant HC/DC.

The assistant HC title alone would be a promotion from his current position in N.O.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I think its the oldest son on The Brady Bunch

maybe we need to slow our roll a bit here. The guy isnt even the OC?

This  

3 minutes ago, Cole World said:

Double 0-7 just bring Carmichael in as the HC and make Dennis the Assistant HC/DC.

The assistant HC title alone would be a promotion from his current position in N.O.

Assistant HC is not promotion. Only HC is considered promotion. Vicodin will block one of the assistant head coach position. Falcons may just go with Carmichael and get a great DC.

3 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Alabama's defense played exactly no one, so I wouldn't really brag about passer ratings before last nights game.

There is a lot that goes into being a HC, and Brady has had no opportunity to demonstrate he has any of those skills. He's not even an OC. 

He would be a huge gamble at the HC position, and I don't think any NFL team would roll those dice.

Agree. Just don't think any pro team would be willing to take the flack from the media for even considering hiring a college passing game coordinator without even so much as some college OC experience as an NFL HC.

21 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

Assistant HC is not promotion. Only HC is considered promotion. Vicodin will block one of the assistant head coach position. Falcons may just go with Carmichael and get a great DC.

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

But Co-HC would be

The Assisant HC promotion is a promotion over any positional coach or coordinator. That is what the Falcons had to do with Raheem Morris to get him out of the Redskins contract (DB position) when Quinn took over in 2015.

Thats why Raheem has Assistant HC in his title.

Edited by Cole World

Sark called a better game.  LSU beat Bama because Saban is hard headed with playing man in key situations.  Burrow just took off and ran the ball into the natural holes that were created...  Sark on the other hand was running everything at LSU AND succeeding.  Hitches, slants, back side screens, verticals, the running game off tackle, between the guards,  I mean Sark threw everything at a very good LSU defense but Saban's defense kept giving the points right back. Reminded me of when Sark was with the Falcons.  Ryan would score and the defense give the points right back...

57 minutes ago, Cole World said:

The Assisant HC promotion is a promotion over any positional coach or coordinator. That is what the Falcons had to do with Raheem Morris to get him out of the Redskins contract (DB position) when Quinn took over in 2015.

I don’t remember anything about Morris but I thought they agreed to part ways when he was passed over for DC in Washington. The Redskins cleaned house that year. Their secondary was bad.

NFL has always considered every move a lateral move unless it was head coach, even if the move was technically a promotion. They put that in place back in I wanna say the early-mid 2000s because the way assistants were getting poached.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2018/02/2_changes_the_nfl_needs_to_make_to_coaching_hire_r.html

this article right here even mentions “assistant head coach” as being a phony title that doesn’t count.

3 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I don’t remember anything about Morris but they agreed to part ways when he was passed over for DC in Washington. The Redskins cleaned house that year. Their secondary was bad.

NFL has always considered every move a lateral move unless it was head coach, even if the move was technically a promotion. They put that in place back in I wanna say the early-mid 2000s because the way assistants were getting poached.

https://www.nj.com/giants/2018/02/2_changes_the_nfl_needs_to_make_to_coaching_hire_r.html

this article right here even mentions “assistant head coach” as being a phony title that doesn’t count.

Get out of here with your facts guy.

8 minutes ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I don’t remember anything about Morris but they agreed to part ways when he was passed over for DC in Washington. The Redskins cleaned house that year. Their secondary was bad.

PMF I have to search for the article but I remember reading it back in 2015 when Morris was hired.

I did find this.

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

But Co-HC would be

1 hour ago, PeytonMannings Forehead said:

I don’t remember anything about Morris but I thought they agreed to part ways when he was passed over for DC in Washington. The Redskins cleaned house that year. Their secondary was bad.

Yep . HC. There is no co HC stuff.

8 hours ago, Kayoh said:

he's the difference between the 2018 LSU offense and the 2019 LSU offense.

Alabama passer rating allowed...

2009: 87.65
2010: 103.56
2011: 83.69
2012: 103.67
2013: 116.84
2014: 116.53
2015: 105.22
2016: 106.47
2017: 96.79
2018: 115.79
2019 pre-LSU: 106.10

so it's not as crazy as the pre-2013 numbers, but it's still right on pace to be in the same range as the 2013-2018 Alabama pass defenses. Or at least it was, before, LSU shredded them. Probably looks a lot worse now. And even still, going into that game, Bama was allowing the 17th lowest passing YPA, 12th fewest passing yards per game, the 8th lowest passer rating against, and the only SEC defenses that have any claim to being better are Missouri, Texas A&M, and maybe Auburn.

I agree, he's my 2020 QB1 as well, I think he's a very good player. I also recognize that QBs are very dependent on the play calling, and Brady has been the mastermind behind that LSU passing game this year, and the only difference from the 2018 staff to this year's.

this is such a loser mentality. Nobody has ever made progress being scared to try something new and different.

One could say promoting someone to the zenith of the profession while never being an OC at the college level is foolhardy at BEST.

Just now, Falcanuck said:

Promote him internally at that point

that never happens in the NFL. If a team has success early into a regime the HC never gets fired. Best chance of bringing in Brady as OC and being able to promote him to HC is if we'd keep Quinn around and even then, the defense would have to be absolute garbage for Blank to be willing to ditch Quinn and promote Brady from within. That's just not something that ever happens in the NFL, and especially not with traditional owners like Blank.

1 minute ago, Kayoh said:

that never happens in the NFL. If a team has success early into a regime the HC never gets fired. Best chance of bringing in Brady as OC and being able to promote him to HC is if we'd keep Quinn around and even then, the defense would have to be absolute garbage for Blank to be willing to ditch Quinn and promote Brady from within. That's just not something that ever happens in the NFL, and especially not with traditional owners like Blank.

Well your suggestion of giving a college ball ‘passing game coordinator’ a HC gig in the NFL is even more unrealistic 

Just now, Falcanuck said:

Well your suggestion of giving a college ball ‘passing game coordinator’ a HC gig in the NFL is even more unrealistic 

he was an offensive assistant for the Saints for 2 years before going to LSU and completely transforming the offense. It's not like he'd be a complete NFL newbie.

6 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

he was an offensive assistant for the Saints for 2 years before going to LSU and completely transforming the offense. It's not like he'd be a complete NFL newbie.

Still completely unprecedented. And risky AF. I’d rather 1 incredible year of him at OC and losing him the next year than making him HC and him being way in over his head.