Disregard Joe Burrow; Any NFL Team NOT throwing the bank at Joe Brady this offseason isn't trying to win.

Kayoh

I like Burrow, he's probably going to be a very good NFL QB, but Brady is the Joe that every NFL team should be coveting, AND he's the one that every team has an opportunity to try and sign. If the Falcons, as well as a bunch of other teams who haven't found their offensive guru HC, don't throw everything that they possibly can in Brady's general direction to try and bring him in as their head coach, those teams aren't really trying to win. This applies to Lincoln Riley as well, but to a lesser degree, because Oklahoma's offenses under Riley have just kind of had more talent top to bottom than everybody they face. LSU's offense is talented, but that offensive roster is NOT significantly more talented (if at all) than the defenses of Texas, Florida, and Alabama. That's the difference. Riley's advantages are both having an excellent offensive scheme AND a huge talent advantage. Joe Brady is doing this with a very good QB, and everything else is just kind of solid. They have WRs that can make plays, but none of them are necessarily big time studs. The OL is good enough, but they're actually below average as a unit in the pass blocking department. NFL teams need to be doing everything in their power to hire this guy as their head coach. Lock him down. He's 30 years old. I don't even care if he's a great "leader", you don't want to sign this guy as an OC and have him get scooped up after 1 year to be some other team's HC. Go all in on him, fully commit, and look like a genius when he transforms your team's offense into a well oiled machine. This dude is on the forefront of offensive football and the team that decides to ride that wave is going to be the next dynasty.

No thanks! Not enough experience to be HC.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/28015035/how-lsu-tigers-offense-completely-changed-thanks-joe-brady%3fplatform=amp

How the LSU Tigers' offense completely changed thanks to Joe Brady

Joe Brady's name wasn't exactly buzzing around coaching circles this time a year ago. He was part of the New Orleans Saints offensive staff at large for two seasons, sitting in on meetings and breaking down film without coaching a specific position.

Before that, he was in a similar off-field role as a graduate assistant at Penn State, living life in the shadows of the sport as a part intern, part right-hand man to the offensive coordinator.

Granted, Brady had impressed everyone he'd worked for, but that was a small circle and a far cry from the national spotlight. No one knew that a lot of the things the Saints did on Sundays with do-everything quarterback Taysom Hill traced back to the 28-year-old's cubicle. How could they?

One meeting changed all that, though. LSU invited the Saints coaches to campus to talk shop one day, bringing the anonymous coach front and center with a program desperate to transform its offensive identity and regain its footing as a national powerhouse.

Though Saints offensive coordinator Pete Carmichael was the main draw during the get-together in Baton Rouge, Brady got his turn on the whiteboard in front of the LSU staff as well, sharing his thoughts on the run-pass option that was spreading quickly throughout college football and bubbling up in the NFL. Tigers offensive coordinator Steven Ensminger perked up as he watched and listened. He was impressed. Every question he had, Brady had an answer. 

LSU head coach Ed Orgeron wasn't present for the meeting, but he heard about it. And a year later, when a position opened up on the offensive staff, and the program still looking to overhaul its Stone Age era offense, Brady's name bubbled back up. Orgeron made some calls, including one to Brady's former boss at William & Mary, Kevin Rogers, who told him, "You'd be nuts not to hire the guy."

Brady was in Baton Rouge hours after the Saints' season ended. He was the only candidate LSU formally interviewed, and he was hired within days.

"I listened to him and I loved his presentation," Orgeron told ESPN. "But I did some research on him with some people I know very well and trusted them. They don't throw the word 'excellent' around easily. And they said excellent. So I went with my gut."

more in article

1 hour ago, Duff_Man said:

I have no idea who that is.

Just now, LouDog said:

I think its the oldest son on The Brady Bunch

he's the difference between the 2018 LSU offense and the 2019 LSU offense.

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

This

Alabama passer rating allowed...

2009: 87.65
2010: 103.56
2011: 83.69
2012: 103.67
2013: 116.84
2014: 116.53
2015: 105.22
2016: 106.47
2017: 96.79
2018: 115.79
2019 pre-LSU: 106.10

so it's not as crazy as the pre-2013 numbers, but it's still right on pace to be in the same range as the 2013-2018 Alabama pass defenses. Or at least it was, before, LSU shredded them. Probably looks a lot worse now. And even still, going into that game, Bama was allowing the 17th lowest passing YPA, 12th fewest passing yards per game, the 8th lowest passer rating against, and the only SEC defenses that have any claim to being better are Missouri, Texas A&M, and maybe Auburn.

2 hours ago, Smiler11 said:

Joe Burrow looked pretty good in stretches last year as well, he's just done it consistently this year. Burrow is the clear #1 QB for me now in 2020 draft.

I agree, he's my 2020 QB1 as well, I think he's a very good player. I also recognize that QBs are very dependent on the play calling, and Brady has been the mastermind behind that LSU passing game this year, and the only difference from the 2018 staff to this year's.

3 hours ago, falconticket said:

Oh cool another project. Hoorah. For sure. Best ever. 

2 hours ago, Cole World said:

No thanks! Not enough experience to be HC.

this is such a loser mentality. Nobody has ever made progress being scared to try something new and different.

Alabama's defense played exactly no one, so I wouldn't really brag about passer ratings before last nights game.

There is a lot that goes into being a HC, and Brady has had no opportunity to demonstrate he has any of those skills. He's not even an OC. 

He would be a huge gamble at the HC position, and I don't think any NFL team would roll those dice.

57 minutes ago, Kayoh said:

Alabama passer rating allowed...

2009: 87.65
2010: 103.56
2011: 83.69
2012: 103.67
2013: 116.84
2014: 116.53
2015: 105.22
2016: 106.47
2017: 96.79
2018: 115.79
2019 pre-LSU: 106.10

so it's not as crazy as the pre-2013 numbers, but it's still right on pace to be in the same range as the 2013-2018 Alabama pass defenses. Or at least it was, before, LSU shredded them. Probably looks a lot worse now. And even still, going into that game, Bama was allowing the 17th lowest passing YPA, 12th fewest passing yards per game, the 8th lowest passer rating against, and the only SEC defenses that have any claim to being better are Missouri, Texas A&M, and maybe Auburn.

A lot has to do with the cupcake schedule Bama has to date. The same cupcake schedule that will keep them out of the playoffs if LSU doesn’t beat UGA in the SEC championship game.

6 hours ago, Kayoh said:

I like Burrow, he's probably going to be a very good NFL QB, but Brady is the Joe that every NFL team should be coveting, AND he's the one that every team has an opportunity to try and sign. If the Falcons, as well as a bunch of other teams who haven't found their offensive guru HC, don't throw everything that they possibly can in Brady's general direction to try and bring him in as their head coach, those teams aren't really trying to win. This applies to Lincoln Riley as well, but to a lesser degree, because Oklahoma's offenses under Riley have just kind of had more talent top to bottom than everybody they face. LSU's offense is talented, but that offensive roster is NOT significantly more talented (if at all) than the defenses of Texas, Florida, and Alabama. That's the difference. Riley's advantages are both having an excellent offensive scheme AND a huge talent advantage. Joe Brady is doing this with a very good QB, and everything else is just kind of solid. They have WRs that can make plays, but none of them are necessarily big time studs. The OL is good enough, but they're actually below average as a unit in the pass blocking department. NFL teams need to be doing everything in their power to hire this guy as their head coach. Lock him down. He's 30 years old. I don't even care if he's a great "leader", you don't want to sign this guy as an OC and have him get scooped up after 1 year to be some other team's HC. Go all in on him, fully commit, and look like a genius when he transforms your team's offense into a well oiled machine. This dude is on the forefront of offensive football and the team that decides to ride that wave is going to be the next dynasty.

This is all true. Not as a HC (LOL) and maybe not yet as OC, that’s too big a jump.....but I would love to bring Coach Brady here as QB coach for a year or two before promoting to OC.

7 minutes ago, Vandy said:

This is all true. Maybe not as OC, that’s too big a jump.....but I would love to bring Coach Brady here as QB coach for a year or two before promoting to OC.

Bring Carmichael in as HC & Brady in as OC.  They worked together well for two years in NO. Carmichael averaged 29 ppg the one year he called the plays so it would be a unique situation. 

Or if you want to gut the Saints, grab Dennis Allen as well.  The staff would be

Co-HC/DC: Dennis Allen

Co-HC/OC: Carmichael Jr

Co-OC/QB Coach: Joe Brady

If nothing else it would give Sean Payton an aneurism 

9 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Bring Carmichael in as HC & Brady in as OC.  They worked together well for two years in NO. Carmichael averaged 29 ppg the one year he called the plays so it would be a unique situation. 

Or if you want to gut the Saints, grab Dennis Allen as well.  The staff would be

If nothing else it would give Sean Payton an aneurism. 

Just accomplishing that is worth it to me, 2012. 

39 minutes ago, Vandy said:

This is all true. Not as a HC (LOL) and maybe not yet as OC, that’s too big a jump.....but I would love to bring Coach Brady here as QB coach for a year or two before promoting to OC.

Imagine him under a Kubiak? Wow, talking about mind-melding philosophies. He's be a possible OC, but no way on HC, and you're probably right that's a big jump even to OC

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

If nothing else it would give Sean Payton an aneurism 

58 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Just accomplishing that is worth it to me, 2012. 

**** it would be a miracle. Aints will block Carmichael and Dennis Allen for anything less than a Falcons HC.