Carter

Deep South's Oldest Rivalry! #4 Georgia vs #12 Auburn Thread

783 posts in this topic

I keep getting this nagging feeling today that we win this game convincingly and LSU has a close game at Ole Miss due to emotional hangover. Goes against what is expected in both games and it’s not really based on any deep analysis. Just a feeling. 

At any rate, I put my prediction in yesterday at 17-3 Dawgs. I think we could score more but at this point I don’t trust the offense to do much more than what’s needed. I’m having a hard time seeing Auburn consistently move the ball. They could certainly get loose for some touchdowns with the talent they have not named Bo Nix but I’m gonna sit on 17-3 Georgia.

sdogg likes this

I believe the dawgs junkyard defense might suprisingly give up some big plays and the UGA offense comes to the rescue and has their best game against the toughest defense they have faced.

Georgia 30

Auburn 27

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

I believe the dawgs junkyard defense might suprisingly give up some big plays and the UGA offense comes to the rescue and has their best game against the toughest defense they have faced.

Georgia 30

Auburn 27

No way Auburn comes anywhere near scoring 27 points. We had better offenses under Gus not come anywhere near that 27 point total against Georgia.

3 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

No way Auburn comes anywhere near scoring 27 points. We had better offenses under Gus not come anywhere near that 27 point total against Georgia.

I agree with this. Auburn will have a chance if they can limit Georgia to less than 20.

Falconsfan567 likes this

You basically have to double Brown on occasion to try and wear him down. Last year they had an even better line with Russell, but UGA just had too many weapons. Holyfield, Mecole, and Godwin were money in games like these. The staff did a good job stockpiling good wr depth for that season. Holloman was a stud blocker, **** shame how things turn, such is life.

Holyfield had that quick twitch to bust it outside when the play had him going inside. You miss that element too. Should be a close exciting game all things considered. 

Edited by Prison Mikey

On 11/10/2019 at 5:20 PM, SacFalcFan said:

i thought there was a rule only 3 sec teams could be coming off byes on any team's schedule.. i know alabama whined back in 2010 about it and the sec made a rule to make them happy.  

You part of the Mug Club?

On ‎11‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 5:20 PM, SacFalcFan said:

i thought there was a rule only 3 sec teams could be coming off byes on any team's schedule.. i know alabama whined back in 2010 about it and the sec made a rule to make them happy.  

Bama played 3 back to back games against teams that had bye weeks before they played us. Then both Bama and LSU had a bye before that game. The very next game MSU had a bye week before we played them.

4 hours ago, mdrake34 said:

I'm probably just going to battle some bourbon.

what's your bourbon of choice? 

From Blutarsky's blog:

screenshot_2019-11-15-cfbstats-com-jake-

Like it or not, [Fromm's] performance has been in steady decline over the course of this year.  His completion percentage has dropped each month.  His yards per attempt are down significantly.  All of that is reflected in his passer rating, which was subpar in October and is just slightly above water this month.  Interestingly enough, the one thing that’s up are his passing attempts.

Some pretty good, honest analysis in the comments, too. It's not all just the playcalling and the receivers; Fromm has been making bad reads, displaying poor mechanics, and missing throws. If we wanna win in December, we're gonna need Fromm to get it together.

Carter, sdogg and Macknsweetjones like this

Yeah, watching the film review on most of the games this year, since South Carolina in particular, has been pretty brutal for Fromm. Seems like he has actually regressed. He has missed a lot of wide open reads and made it painfully clear he tends to choose where he’s going with the ball pre-snap. Not always, but it’s a heavy tendency. The only receiver he seems to have built any confidence with aside from Cager is Pickens.

Fromm tends to play better the bigger the stage. We’ve seen him stink at Auburn and at LSU before but by and large he’s a solid big game QB. So we will have to see how things go today. We definitely need him at his best to get where we all want to see this team finish.

Counting on your offense to finally jell in Auburn on the Plains isn't a good place to be. Tigers rushing defense 21st in the nation its the Tigers stellar front 4 against a good but banged up Bulldog OL is right in the face of UGA's running game. Fromm will have to be able to pass to open up some running lanes. Imperative they take the crowd out of it early, things have a tendency to snowball at Jordan Hare. I expect a slugfest all afternoon with Georgia hopefully on top 17-10.