Carter

Deep South's Oldest Rivalry! #4 Georgia vs #12 Auburn Thread

783 posts in this topic

37 minutes ago, Ransack said:

Saw a stat today and I have no idea of it's true but it said that Gus is 11-0 coming off a bye week. Can any of you AU fans confirm that?

yep as bamabirdlady said that is a true stat.. i read an article yesterday where they were touting his after bye week record.. 

4 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep as bamabirdlady said that is a true stat.. i read an article yesterday where they were touting his after bye week record.. 

it really is a HUGE advantage for Aubun to have a bye for a game expected to be somewhat close.   Throw on top of it that it's a home game for Auburn plus they are more healthy than us - Dawgs should win but there are lots of disadvantages stacking up outside the talent on the field.

25 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

it really is a HUGE advantage for Aubun to have a bye for a game expected to be somewhat close.   Throw on top of it that it's a home game for Auburn plus they are more healthy than us - Dawgs should win but there are lots of disadvantages stacking up outside the talent on the field.

yep.. basically auburn and uga are exact clones of each other in how we play.  great defense.. struggling offense.  our injury situation is a big deal and auburn being healthier is going to mae this a tougher game.. 

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep.. basically auburn and uga are exact clones of each other in how we play.  great defense.. struggling offense.  our injury situation is a big deal and auburn being healthier is going to mae this a tougher game.. 

I thought Cager was okay and going to play? Who else is injured?

5 hours ago, g-dawg said:

4 turnovers 

four!

Those turnovers happened from passing the ball. Running the ball more would have kept those turnovers from happening. Why didn't they run the ball with Swift more when the Gamecocks couldn't stop it? Just another case of a coach overthinking things.

On 11/10/2019 at 1:15 PM, usmcdirtybird said:

My favorite Deep south's oldest rivalry.  2006 - I am in Iraq.  I was coming home for two weeks of leave since I was there for a year.  My leave is done and I would arrive in Kuwait while the game is on.  It was a bad year for UGA football.  I thought we were going to get blown out.  We step off the plain and I want to find a TV on base to catch the game and I see UGA blowing them out.  It made that bad season very happy.  

The Tra Battle game as I call it.

So me and my best friend, an Auburn fan, bought tickets from Auburn alumni. They found out I was a UGA alum, and canceled the god dam tickets......so I went on vivid seats and bought my own, 1 section over. I was gonna be cordial, now, they gonna know we were here.

**** Auburn!!! 

LawDawg, Wardog357, 95Dawg and 5 others like this

18 minutes ago, theDIRTYcode said:

So me and my best friend, an Auburn fan, bought tickets from Auburn alumni. They found out I was a UGA alum, and canceled the god dam tickets......so I went on vivid seats and bought my own, 1 section over. I was gonna be cordial, now, they gonna know we were here.

**** Auburn!!! 

Represent brother! Re-pre-sent!

theDIRTYcode and Peteshweddy like this

1 hour ago, theDIRTYcode said:

**** Auburn!!! 

That's just ****** up.

theDIRTYcode likes this

21 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I've seen this same song and dance from Gus Malzahn's teams for years. If Gus would have gotten his head out of his *** Auburn would have beaten Florida and LSU. But Gus is such a horrible coach!! He's garbage!! One of the worst coaches I've ever had the displeasure of coaching one of my teams!! Dude goes into big games with the worst game plans imaginable because he refuses to make adjustments. Wouldn't surprise me one big if Auburn goes the entire 2nd half without a single 1st down like what happened a few years ago.

LOL I hope you are right I'll take a 13-3 Bulldawg victory, but you would think the way your talking is it ought to be a beat down of epic proportions. 13-3 with a late Georgia score sounds like a nail biter to me.  I remember 78 and 79 and the 4th and WTF anything can happen it's why its must-see TV even if you arent a fan. This is a good test a grow up grow together game for Georgia. 

g-dawg likes this

https://ugawire.usatoday.com/2019/11/12/georgia-footballs-defensive-stats-are-absolutely-nuts/?fbclid=IwAR2dVRJrrJz3V9JDXjW6Tk8fzWpmYWx_dovq7ypNF6seiVvdF0RX8JdELQo

This Georgia defense is the best in the conference and it’s one of the NCAA’s elite defenses. In nine games this year, the defense has allowed a high of 17 points.

Here’s each game so far:

6, 17, 0, 17, 14, 13, 0, 17, 0.

Remember, in the South Carolina game Georgia’s defense actually only allowed 13 points. The Gamecocks got seven when they returned an interception back for a touchdown.

That’s three shutouts, and two of those came against SEC teams Kentucky and Missouri.

This defense is something special.

Saturday proved that again as Georgia held Missouri to 0 points, 198 total yards, 148 passing and 50 rushing.

In the fourth quarter, Georgia almost saw its nine game streak of no rushing touchdowns allowed come to a close. But the defense prevailed and not only did not allow a rushing score, but no score at all for that matter.

The passing defense could be cleaned up a little bit, but the Dawgs are still fine in that category, ranking 17th nationally.

A big part of Georgia’s solid passing defense can be credited to the run defense. Georgia takes away its opponents run game. It’s a sure thing. Basically, if you think you want to run the ball against Georgia, think again.

With the Dawgs being so stout against the run, teams are forced to throw it. And just because the Georgia pass defense is not as elite as its run defense, don’t take that secondary lightly. There are some big name players back there just waiting for you to throw it at them.

Compared to the rest of the SEC, there’s no questioning that Georgia has the conference’s best defense.

Just look at these stats and where they rank among the SEC and the nation.

10.1 points per game allowed (2nd nationally, 1st in the SEC)

260.3 total yards per game allowed (5th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

4.32 yards per played allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

185.8 passing yards per game allowed (17th nationally, 3rd in the SEC)

5.6 yards per attempt (5th nationally, 2nd in the SEC)

74.5 rushing yards per game allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

2.77 yards per carry allowed (4th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

29.6% opponent 3rd down conversion rate (11th nationally, 1st in the SEC)

57.14% opponent red zone score conversion rate (1st nationally, 1st in the SEC)

1 hour ago, putnam6 said:

LOL I hope you are right I'll take a 13-3 Bulldawg victory, but you would think the way your talking is it ought to be a beat down of epic proportions. 13-3 with a late Georgia score sounds like a nail biter to me.  I remember 78 and 79 and the 4th and WTF anything can happen it's why its must-see TV even if you arent a fan. This is a good test a grow up grow together game for Georgia. 

Auburn's defense gives them a shot. But the offense won't do anything with it.

8 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I am quite worried about the game with Auburn.. very worried. 

TBH, if UGA cannot go into Auburn and beat an Auburn team with a Freshman QB and a weak running game - then we don't deserve to be in the CFP and Natty conversation.

It really is a "prove it" game for UGA - here's to hoping they do!    GO DAWGS!!!

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

TBH, if UGA cannot go into Auburn and beat an Auburn team with a Freshman QB and a weak running game - then we don't deserve to be in the CFP and Natty conversation.

It really is a "prove it" game for UGA - here's to hoping they do!    GO DAWGS!!!

What?  The number one team struggled to beat them at home.  Two losses knocks for sure but I think you’re underselling the quality opponent that AU is.  Plus we’ve already had two quality wins.

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

What?  The number one team struggled to beat them at home.  Two losses knocks for sure but I think you’re underselling the quality opponent that AU is.  Plus we’ve already had two quality wins.

The record doesn’t lie.  We lost a home game to South Carolina and Auburn is a beatable team with many flaws.   While they have a really good defensive line they are nowhere near a complete team.

I stand by what I said - if we cannot best the 2019 version of the Auburn Tigers, then UGA shouldn’t be in the CFP conversation any longer this year.  There is absolutely nothing controversial nor questionable about that statement.

2 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

The record doesn’t lie.  We lost a home game to South Carolina and Auburn is a beatable team with many flaws.   While they have a really good defensive line they are nowhere near a complete team.

I stand by what I said - if we cannot best the 2019 version of the Auburn Tigers, then UGA shouldn’t be in the CFP conversation any longer this year.  There is absolutely nothing controversial nor questionable about that statement.

I guess I’m looking at it from a one game perspective and you are combining it with USC.  

And yeah, it may not be “controversial” in your head but that doesn’t make it true.  They have a great defense and have slowed down some solid to great offenses.  If not for turning the ball over at UF they would have them beat and they had LSU on the ropes.  You’re making it sound like it should be a sure fire win for the Dawgs when they aren’t even projected to win by most and it’s a 50/50 game at best.

3 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I guess I’m looking at it from a one game perspective and you are combining it with USC.  

And yeah, it may not be “controversial” in your head but that doesn’t make it true.  They have a great defense and have slowed down some solid to great offenses.  If not for turning the ball over at UF they would have them beat and they had LSU on the ropes.  You’re making it sound like it should be a sure fire win for the Dawgs when they aren’t even projected to win by most and it’s a 50/50 game at best.

Not making it sound that way at all - the season is cumulative.   Given the Dawgs season so far, the missing offense, the home loss to South Carolina and - IF - we lost to an Auburn team that isn't as good as the the team we split with two years ago - then YEAH - UGA isn't worthy of Natty contention.

You are right - I am looking at the entire season - and not just this one game.   I am also looking at Auburn's team.   Bo Nix will probably have a good career at Auburn - but he isn't there yet - they have no running game.   Nowhere near a complete team.

If Dawgs lose to Auburn - along w/ the rest of their season to date - then they should cease to be considered a contender.

I do know on ESPN they threw out the scenario about Dawgs losing to AU and still possibly getting in if they beat ATM, GT and then met in SECCG and beat LSU - could happen I suppose but I still would be skeptical they would get in.   

I'm ready to see UGA hit their stride down the stretch, starting this Saturday at 3:30.

putnam6, Bdawg58 and sdogg like this

10 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

I am quite worried about the game with Auburn.. very worried. 

I can't get a feel for this game.  I do know this.   The Dawgs haven't played a Complete game this year where everything clicks on both sides of the ball and special teams.  So, I'm hopeful they do that at some point and go on a roll.   I think the line on the game is about right.   It will come down to the wire.   Dawgs 23-20.

putnam6, Bdawg58 and g-dawg like this