Carter

Deep South's Oldest Rivalry! #4 Georgia vs #12 Auburn Thread

783 posts in this topic

It's Sunday... so officially - with no apologies to our resident Auburn fans, who are pretty cool - it is Auburn Hate Week!

Gonna wait until later in the week to make a score prediction because I want to see who is healthy or banged up. I think it will be a tough, slobber knocker of a game... but I think the Dawgs will get the W. Expecting it to be really close though!

Kickoff will be @ 3:30 on CBS. GO DAWGS!

sdogg, RedandBlack4Life! and 95Dawg like this

1 hour ago, Nereek said:

I hope we get some guys back on offensive line or its going to get ugly.

Most serious sounded like Hill's ankle, but he might be back as well.

I hate that they got the bye week before the game. Our defense should control their O but they will get some points. The up tempo will lead to a few successful drives probably.

Our offense will have to find some points and I expect them to find enough. Tough game for us, but we are better. Just this pedestrian offense we are strolling out there.

Wardog357 likes this

Hope Kirby telling truth about Cager, with the trust that seemed to be built w Pickens he and Cager could make this team much much better.. Blaylock and Kearis and drob If they ever throw his way are the only other ones I trust at wr.. also hoping we have been holding a lot back lol, still love see cook at wr more - more sweeps and dialed up blitz 

sdogg and slamee101 like this

My favorite Deep south's oldest rivalry.  2006 - I am in Iraq.  I was coming home for two weeks of leave since I was there for a year.  My leave is done and I would arrive in Kuwait while the game is on.  It was a bad year for UGA football.  I thought we were going to get blown out.  We step off the plain and I want to find a TV on base to catch the game and I see UGA blowing them out.  It made that bad season very happy.  

2 hours ago, jeffro2000 said:

I hate that they got the bye week before the game. Our defense should control their O but they will get some points. The up tempo will lead to a few successful drives probably.

Our offense will have to find some points and I expect them to find enough. Tough game for us, but we are better. Just this pedestrian offense we are strolling out there.

How many teams have had a bye week before the play us?  It seems like the entire SEC schedule.

Edited by frankly88

1 hour ago, frankly88 said:

How many teams have had a bye week before the play us?  It seems like the entire SEC schedule.

Seems like everyone but I don't know. I remember guys commenting about it before the season

19 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I believe 6 teams have had bye weeks before they played us.  Seems fair.

i thought there was a rule only 3 sec teams could be coming off byes on any team's schedule.. i know alabama whined back in 2010 about it and the sec made a rule to make them happy.  

37 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

i thought there was a rule only 3 sec teams could be coming off byes on any team's schedule.. i know alabama whined back in 2010 about it and the sec made a rule to make them happy.  

Tennessee, South Carolina, Florida, Mizzou, Auburn all have bye weeks before playing us this year.

We had bye weeks before playing Tennessee and Florida, so I suppose that cuts the "real count" down to 3.

8 hours ago, usmcdirtybird said:

My favorite Deep south's oldest rivalry.  2006 - I am in Iraq.  I was coming home for two weeks of leave since I was there for a year.  My leave is done and I would arrive in Kuwait while the game is on.  It was a bad year for UGA football.  I thought we were going to get blown out.  We step off the plain and I want to find a TV on base to catch the game and I see UGA blowing them out.  It made that bad season very happy.  

What sucked about that 2006 game was that Auburn still had an outside shot at the NC because they had beaten Florida and only had 1 loss at the time of that game. Brandon Cox threw 4 interceptions that day and killed our season.

Auburn's defense will continue to do their part to try to win games but the offense just doesn't provide enough support and given that Georgia is the toughest defense Auburn has seen so far this year, well, I'm expecting a low scoring slobber knocker. I'm thinking 13-3 Georgia.

Just now, Falconsfan567 said:

What sucked about that 2006 game was that Auburn still had an outside shot at the NC because they had beaten Florida and only had 1 loss at the time of that game. Brandon Cox threw 4 interceptions that day and killed our season.

I got a feeling of I know your two favorite.  Prayer at Jordan Hare in 2013 and the 4th and 30 in  2005.    

Falconsfan567 and slamee101 like this

Just now, usmcdirtybird said:

I got a feeling of I know your two favorite.  Prayer at Jordan Hare in 2013 and the 4th and 30 in  2005.    

Yep!!

Some of the worst losses were 2002, 2006, and 2017 SECCG.

slamee101 likes this

1 minute ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Yep!!

Some of the worst losses were 2002, 2006, and 2017 SECCG.

One that really hurt as a UGA fan was us after beating Florida for the first time in like 7 years then we stumble to you guys.  It was in 1997.    

GO DAWGS!!!

As you know I love the DAWGS as long as they are not playing BAMA! Plus, I could never pull for aubarn, even against Satan, I think.

What is the word on Cager? He is a full grown man against boys. What a great transfer y'all got there! You will need him this week and will most definitely need him against LSU! ( Hate to say I have to pull against you in that game)

Be careful on the field too, watch out for the voodoo magic! You know aubarn fans take cremated remains of their relatives and sprinkle them on the field before big games, :lol:.

Looking forward to a another great CBS game, hope it is as good as last Saturday!

sdogg likes this

On 11/10/2019 at 11:15 AM, jeffro2000 said:

HUGE advantage for AU playing this game at home - that stadium will be loud and rocking when Dawgs on offense.   If Dawgs OL cannot hear the snap count it gives those AU defensive fronts and blitzers that extra half second they need to get home.   Fromm is gonna have to play even better than he did against Florida to win this game.

Remember when we played AU in 2017 ranked #1 in the country?  I just think Dawgs need a fast start to take some wind out of that crowd and we need Touchdowns instead of Field Goals.   Hopefully Coley & Company will dial-up an aggressive gameplan to keep the AU defense on their heels.

sdogg likes this

16 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Auburn's defense will continue to do their part to try to win games but the offense just doesn't provide enough support and given that Georgia is the toughest defense Auburn has seen so far this year, well, I'm expecting a low scoring slobber knocker. I'm thinking 13-3 Georgia.

think you are underselling your own team -  Auburn coming off a bye and a chance to salvage their season if they can at least split the UGA/Bama home games.   If they could somehow go 2-0, Malzahn would be loved again - at least for another season or two.

Dawgs have a really good defense but we have only faced two good offenses (ND/UF) and at home/neutral site.   Lots of backup QB matchups for Dawgs defense (Tenn, SC, Kentucky, Mizzou) plus Murray St,Ark State, grad transfer from Vandy.   I know Bo Nix is Freshman and has been up/down but he usually is much more UP and home and he is a talented player.    If UGA can prevent the big plays, they will perform well but Malzahn is likely to hit a few big ones.

Gonna be a tough, tough match-up and Auburn is home, healthy and rested - UGA is beat-up and on the road - Dawgs SHOULD win but Auburn will probably play to the top of their ability like they did versus Oregon and LSU - no doubt we will get Auburn's best shot.

3 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

think you are underselling your own team -  Auburn coming off a bye and a chance to salvage their season if they can at least split the UGA/Bama home games.   If they could somehow go 2-0, Malzahn would be loved again - at least for another season or two.

Dawgs have a really good defense but we have only faced two good offenses (ND/UF) and at home/neutral site.   Lots of backup QB matchups for Dawgs defense (Tenn, SC, Kentucky, Mizzou) plus Murray St,Ark State, grad transfer from Vandy.   I know Bo Nix is Freshman and has been up/down but he usually is much more UP and home and he is a talented player.    If UGA can prevent the big plays, they will perform well but Malzahn is likely to hit a few big ones.

Gonna be a tough, tough match-up and Auburn is home, healthy and rested - UGA is beat-up and on the road.

Nope, true freshman QB that has really struggled throwing the ball this year on the way to barely completing 50% of his passes and we've no longer got the Joey Gatewood package anymore to help them get 1st downs in short yardage situations. Whitlow still isn't 100 percent since his knee surgery. Gus always tries to do way too much in big games so the game plan is gonna be terrible. Georgia's defense is by far the best one Auburn will see this year. So yeah, I stick with my prediction that Auburn will be lucky to reach even 10 points on Saturday.

2 minutes ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Nope, true freshman QB that has really struggled throwing the ball this year on the way to barely completing 50% of his passes and we've no longer got the Joey Gatewood package anymore to help them get 1st downs in short yardage situations. Whitlow still isn't 100 percent since his knee surgery. Gus always tries to do way too much in big games so the game plan is gonna be terrible. Georgia's defense is by far the best one Auburn will see this year. So yeah, I stick with my prediction that Auburn will be lucky to reach even 10 points on Saturday.

well, let's just say I hope you are right.  Vegas doesn't see a walkover.