Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Turkeydawg

Ohio State - Chase Young

20 posts in this topic

I just read that and was going to post.

If he is suspended for the year, this would be a huge loss for Ohio State. He had 13.5 sacks in the last 8 games! How in the heck do you replace a guy like that?

I am suspicious, I have a feeling that OS will find a way to cover this up and not suspend him.

Porter Osborne Jr likes this

4 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I doubt they forfeit any games.  We didn’t we Gurley got busted.

Gotcha.  I wonder if Young will get 4 games like Gurley.  Looks like UGA suspended him for 2 and the NCAA tacked on 2 more of their own, for the autograph issue.

1 minute ago, Turkeydawg said:

A loan from a family friend I've known since the summer before my freshman year at OSU.

That's interesting.

It will be interesting.

But I would be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts he will be back on the field this season!

Depending on how long the suspension is, some are wondering if he ends up shutting it down and preparing for the draft.  I hate to see when players do that.

Word is that if Young proves he repaid it then it will likely be limited to the 1 game suspension. A former NCAA investigator is helping Young with the issue. The investigator says Young took a "small loan" to cover basic life expenses and it was repaid months ago 

Didn’t Jarvis Jones deal with something similar?  I believe his AAU coach from high school paid for some flights to USC but they determined it wasn’t a violation.

the bottom line he will pay it back if he hasn't already and he will miss a game at most.  this a new ncaa and osu has too much big 10 support and support in those ncaa offices not to make this go away quick.  they won't make the same mistake UGA did with gurley. 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

If what Young is saying is true (got no reason to believe it isn’t) then this is ridiculous. Let the guy play. 

A precedent has been set, regardless how ridiculous.  

4 hours ago, tl;dr said:

If what Young is saying is true (got no reason to believe it isn’t) then this is ridiculous. Let the guy play. 

i have plenty of reasons not to believe his comment.. he has no reason to tell the truth..  however as i said it's osu and the amount of support in the league office they have is ridiculous.