Cole World

Deja vu 7 sacks through 8 games played

39 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Cole World said:

DQ has two first-round picks on the defensive line. Smitty had washed up Osi, Maponga, Massaqua and bunch of no-names on that DL.  Add Grady Jarrett, this is a pathetic show they are putting on. If Nolan/Smitty had that kind of talent, they probably over achieve. 

53 minutes ago, falcons007 said:

DQ has two first-round picks on the defensive line. Smitty had washed up Osi, Maponga, Massaqua and bunch of no-names on that DL.  Add Grady Jarrett, this is a pathetic show they are putting on. If Nolan/Smitty had that kind of talent, they probably over achieve. 

Yep.

I'm lost

What this stat sheet shows is 2019 ATL 2089 passing 19 TDs 2 Ints

The INTs are obviously not correct

What I see is 2019 ATL 2695 passing 17 TDs 9 Ints. I looked at 2 different sources. 

So what is this stat sheet saying if the info is incorrect?

2 hours ago, falcons007 said:

Yeah the irony is Smith was legitimately going for a bull rushing pocket collapsing front with players not known for pass rushing like Tyson Jackson. Quinn has a bunch of one dimensional speed rushers who are supposed to only be good at getting sacks. 

TD can't build a DL to save his life. We need better interior DT's to collapse the pocket, take up double teams and create lanes for our pass rushers. Edge rushers will ALWAYS fail here until we fix the interior DL and to a lesser extent the secondary.

7 hours ago, Cole World said:

2019 also gave up twice as many TD, got half less int, and allowing almost 70% completions.  Beside getting to the QB as frequent as 2014 this 2019 defense is historically bad compare to 2014.  Smith 2014 season was never this embarrassing.  Oh and like other has mentioned this team defense talents are much better than 2014, at least on paper it looked that way.

24 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

I'm lost

What I see is 2019 ATL 2695 passing 17 TDs 9 Ints. I looked at 2 different sources. 

Its for our defense not offense. 

Edited by NWFALCON

1 hour ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

I'm lost

Our Defense has 9 interceptions this year? Besides Trufant 2 in the Philly game who else got a interception?

1 hour ago, Cole World said:

Our Defense has 9 interceptions this year? Besides Trufant 2 in the Philly game who else got a interception?

NWFALCON clarified it for me. The stat sheet didn't state offense or defense. I assumed offense. It's clear now, settle down.

23 hours ago, MAD597 said:

TD can't build a DL to save his life. We need better interior DT's to collapse the pocket, take up double teams and create lanes for our pass rushers. Edge rushers will ALWAYS fail here until we fix the interior DL and to a lesser extent the secondary.

TD did his job, it's the head coach's job to build it. 

Beasley/Takk were considered upper echelon 1st round talents. Jarrett was a diamond in the ruff TD hit big time.....I think Cominsky might be as well.

Bailey/Davison/Clayborn were nice free agent pick ups last offseason..

I think last year's OL-focused draft probably came down from Arthur Blank. But this bull crapola that TD hasn't addressed the defense since quinn's been here is silly nonsense. Quinn just hasn’t produced the results he was hired to change in the defense. That’s not on TD, it’s on Quinn. 

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

TD did his job, it's the head coach's job to build it. 

Beasley/Takk were considered upper echelon 1st round talents. Jarrett was a diamond in the ruff TD hit big time.....I think Cominsky might be as well.

Bailey/Davison/Clayborn were nice free agent pick ups last offseason..

I think last year's OL-focused draft probably came down from Arthur Blank. But this bull crapola that TD hasn't addressed the defense since quinn's been here is silly nonsense. 

BS, we have had 2 different Head coaches several different OC's and DC's and line coaches and the issue nearly EVERY year under TD has been an OL that gives up to many sacks and a DL that does not get enough sacks. TD cannot evaluate Talent in the trenches to save his life.

9 hours ago, ya_boi_j said:

That dude has far too much time on his hands. Every tweet is good research. Kudos

Yeah that dude is a straight Twitter geek but he’s on point a lot!

ya_boi_j likes this

20 hours ago, MAD597 said:

BS, we have had 2 different coaches several different OC's and DC's and the issue nearly EVERY year under TD has been an OL that gives up to many sacks and a DL that does not get enough sacks. TD cannot evaluate Talent in the trenches to save his life.

You're right, the head coach is blameless on Beasley and Takk not sniffing their potential. :ninja:

TD has been an above-average GM overall. His time may be over, but if not for those same two HCs having late game situational brain farts, he would have put together two SB winning teams. 

1 minute ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Yeah that dude is a straight Twitter geek but he’s on point a lot!

Yeah he is. I gotta stop being lazy and click the link from my phone so I can follow him

blkbigdog35 likes this

8 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

At least Smitty’s team was still fighting on his way out. 5-1 division record that season tells the tale. That team at least went down shooting.

If Smitty was the only alternative I'd take him back in a heartbeat. At least he tried 100%.

Halcon-1 likes this

18 minutes ago, Vandy said:

You're right, the head coach is blameless on Beasley and Takk not sniffing their potential. 

TD has been an above-average GM overall. His time may be over, but if not for those two HCs having late game situational brain farts, he would have put together two SB winning teams. 

The only consistent thing with our OL and DL pass rushing woes have been having TD as GM. We've had multiple head coaches and position coaches yet these issues still persist for over a decade. TD is the common factor he gets the blame, he also hired the head coaches anyway so he also gets the blame.