Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
blkbigdog35

Prime potential Florida ST HC

31 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Knight of God said:

People here laughed at Gruden, said I was stupid for wanting Josh Jacobs and Max Crosby, that we should poach the CFL for DBs. Definitely will say Prime will be a bust

Florida ST is a mess right now and they are desperate however don’t know if Prime is the person.  However they may see this as recruiting and money grab for the program.

32 minutes ago, blkbigdog35 said:

Florida ST is a mess right now and they are desperate however don’t know if Prime is the person.  However they may see this as recruiting and money grab for the program.

You need players. They don’t have them, but likely will now. At least DBs

He hasn't gotten the job yet, but Prime has done some coaching since his retirement through various venues. He is a motivator, kids listen to him.

If he is serious Bout this and wants to pour his heart into it, I believe he'd be good at it. Dude knows the game.

primetime likes this

Why Gruden, because who his Dad is? You feel what happened in Washington Redskins wasn't his fault? I'm just curious why you LIKE him to be the next Falcon H C.

Deion could possibly be a good recruiter for FSU, and If he has quality coordinators/coaches working with him, then he may do okay. I think it is a bit of a reach, but sometimes you gamble and win. I'd love to see this happen.

Edited by 4dabirds

2 hours ago, 4dabirds said:

Deion could possibly be a good recruiter for FSU, and If he has quality coordinators/coaches working with him, then he may do okay. I think it is a bit of a reach, but sometimes you gamble and win. I'd love to see this happen.

90% of college football is recruiting and with Deion you get instant recognition.

Theyll get talent and get it quickly.  As you mentioned hiring the right coordinators And assistants are going to be huge.

What people don’t give Deion enough credit for is he’s a very good public speaker.

I’ll be interested to see what happens.

Do people think think Alabama is such a power house because Saban outschemes his opponents?  No.  It’s because they’re absolutely loaded at every position.

7 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

This. I also hate they way people talk down on Taggart. This man got a screwed up end of a deal. 

The same way those Oregon kids did when he left after one year

Godzilla1985 likes this

36 minutes ago, andrews31cain21 said:

The same way those Oregon kids did when he left after one year

The kids were not obligated to stay. They could have left with him. This is the same BS that they did to Willingham. Then allowed Weiss to suck.

Free Shoes U currently has 5 5*s, and 36 4*s. Recruiting hasn't been their problem, though Deion would definitely help in the DB category. I'd be more comfortable starting him at DC than throwing him straight to HC. He's got a pretty cushy job right now and recruiting is 24/7. 

VTCrunkler likes this

It’s amazing to me how TATF posters know or “think” they know who won’t or will be a good coach . For all we know Prime could be the next Saban . I hope he gets it .. be interesting to see how it turns out . 

Knight of God likes this

13 hours ago, Gold4425 said:

Why Gruden, because who his Dad is? You feel what happened in Washington Redskins wasn't his fault? I'm just curious why you LIKE him to be the next Falcon H C.

His dad, Jim?

Yeah, but will Prime give up making millions a year with his comfortable job as an NFLN analyst?

They will have to "Pay Da Man" for him to leave and tread those waters at Florida State.

I'm not sure if him being a HC in college or the NFL fits Prime. He seems way too opinionated to not speak his mind to the public, for better or for worse.

9 hours ago, Faithful Falcon said:

The kids were not obligated to stay. They could have left with him. This is the same BS that they did to Willingham. Then allowed Weiss to suck.

This has got to be one of the biggest ignorant statements ever.... Kids cant just up and leave and travel 3000 miles to follow a Coach.. There are rules and eligibility issues to consider..including having to sit out a year after said coach comes into your home and looks you and your parents in the eye and tells them, he will take care of them for the next 4 years....Then there is the issue of New Coach coming in and doesnt think kid will fit into there scheme or what have you.  Look i know this happens a lot with college coaches...and i've been a FSU fan for 25 years, but Taggert was the worst i've ever seen... He was terrible with no signs of improvement... So my point to the people who said Taggert got the bad end of a deal... No he didnt.. he was a terrible coach, who walked away with 18 Million dollars for doing nothing, where as the kids he recruited for Oregon got absolutely nothing after he recruited them, then abandoned them... so No... I dont feel bad at all for Taggert.. I feel bad for the kids

1 hour ago, andrews31cain21 said:

This has got to be one of the biggest ignorant statements ever.... Kids cant just up and leave and travel 3000 miles to follow a Coach.. There are rules and eligibility issues to consider..including having to sit out a year after said coach comes into your home and looks you and your parents in the eye and tells them, he will take care of them for the next 4 years....Then there is the issue of New Coach coming in and doesnt think kid will fit into there scheme or what have you.  Look i know this happens a lot with college coaches...and i've been a FSU fan for 25 years, but Taggert was the worst i've ever seen... He was terrible with no signs of improvement... So my point to the people who said Taggert got the bad end of a deal... No he didnt.. he was a terrible coach, who walked away with 18 Million dollars for doing nothing, where as the kids he recruited for Oregon got absolutely nothing after he recruited them, then abandoned them... so No... I dont feel bad at all for Taggert.. I feel bad for the kids

I'm sure you don't feel bad. So, let's not point the finger of ignorance. Recruits are allowed to follow a coach. Trust me, if they went to Oregon, they weren't just there for the coach. You got another issue with him. Jimbo left the program in $hits.