LaurentRobinsonDaGawd

Why am seeing people say Neal is "gone" after this year?

46 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, philosophico said:

This the same thing that happend to Brent Grimes, he got hurt 2 consecutive years so we let him walk. Ironically his next few years after he left the falcons were his best and you never got hurt again to be put on IR if I remember. 

Yea man it would have been nice to have kept Grimes and send his wife packing all the way to the west coast

gtech1 and Pacific_Falcon like this

2 hours ago, LouDog said:

I know it wont happen but when he is healthy id likes to see what he can do at LBer

This is actually something i was interested in as well if he's slowed down at all i think he could convert to a monster LB next to Debo.

Hopefully we give him another year . I can’t write him off at 6.6 that’s too cheap . He’s earned the opportunity . Thomas Davis recovered & beat the odds . If we don’t watch him ecover & ball out in New England . <_<

I think we should keep him and give him the chance to get healthy. 

He is a leader and tone setter for our D

Our cap is stuffed in 2020 regardless and if he wont be able to play in 2021 there wont be any dead money. 

11 hours ago, philosophico said:

This the same thing that happend to Brent Grimes, he got hurt 2 consecutive years so we let him walk. Ironically his next few years after he left the falcons were his best and you never got hurt again to be put on IR if I remember. 

Well, it was a little different with Grimes. They kept trying to sign him to short term deals. Then he was injured, and they didn't want him.

14 hours ago, athell said:

You both beat me to it, but yea.  Love Keke and wish him the best, but back to back IR trips plus that cap hit plus what he brings isn't really all that dynamic...find a cheaper replacement who hopefully proves to be much more durable.

Sounds to me like another wasted draft pick... 

Too big of a risk to pay him 6.6M. If he gets hurt again or doesn't come back to form then they are on the hook for 6.6M and they can't sign someone else. It worked okay for the Dolphins with Grimes but usually it doesn't work. This team can't afford another "didn't work" risk.

GhostofGritz likes this

1 minute ago, 1989Fan said:

Just think if the a panthers gave up on TD after 2 season ending injuries...

This is the 2nd mentioning of TD.  His situation is not typical.  31 NFL teams should wait till the 6th round to snag the next GOAT at QB.

On 11/7/2019 at 4:19 PM, LaurentRobinsonDaGawd said:

Very confised when people say Neal is purely gone.  I'm usually one of the 1st people to know the next couple years FA we have to keep, but I don't think Neal is FA. Why are people saying he's gone? H is a pro bowler, very young, and can come back from injuries. Very confused. Heart and soul of this defense.

Cap relief, injury decline and well all he can do is hit. Can’t cover or tackle worth a dam.

8 hours ago, ltstorm2 said:

This is the 2nd mentioning of TD.  His situation is not typical.  31 NFL teams should wait till the 6th round to snag the next GOAT at QB.

Completely different and irrelevant scenarios.

The Brady “luck” is a draft gem, not an injured player. not to mention they didn’t draft him to be the guy, they already had a pro bowl QB in Bledsoe.

Neal is a proven NFL player w/ two unrelated injuries we people are now saying should be cut due to injuries only. The TD comparison is perfectly valid.

he has played 16 games 1 time in 4 years and he really isn't that versatile. he is better in the box than out. unless he wants a 1 year prove it deal to prove he can stay healthy and get better in coverage, i don't see resigning him. he certainly isn't getting paid at this point.

WARNING, WARNING...TD has a tendency to sign Brotherhood players to contract extensions when they are coming off of injury (see Trufant and Freeman).

Don't bring him home TD...

On 11/7/2019 at 4:53 PM, philosophico said:

The Falcon curse?  LOL.... he got out. He got well.

Injury prone dB can’t stay on field that may well lose some speed after the previous 2 injuries I guess.  I hate it for the guy.  It’s a dog eat dog league....but....AB May make him a “Falcon for life”.   Who knows