Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
AF89

Atlanta United Offseason thread

7 posts in this topic

On 11/6/2019 at 9:33 PM, AF89 said:

Obviously things can change in a minute, but with a little over 24 hours before the trade window closes, you gotta wonder why it hasn't been officially announced?

5 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Obviously things can change in a minute, but with a little over 24 hours before the trade window closes, you gotta wonder why it hasn't been officially announced?

My wild guess.

Because CBA and salary cap is fixing to be renegotiated teams are dragging on putting together their 2020 rosters (either cause they hope to do better or even fear a lockout)

Really hope we're ready to go for Champions League 

ATLBrave likes this

1 minute ago, AF89 said:

My wild guess.

Because CBA and salary cap is fixing to be renegotiated teams are dragging on putting together their 2020 rosters (either cause they hope to do better or even fear a lockout)

Really hope we're ready to go for Champions League 

Big reason why them dealing Nagbe so quickly was puzzling. Who knows what the pool of money will look like in a month or so.

AF89 likes this

1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Big reason why them dealing Nagbe so quickly was puzzling. Who knows what the pool of money will look like in a month or so.

Very true.

Nagbe isn't a money issue tho. We give him plenty and by all accounts he enjoyed himself. But Akron is his home and Caleb Porter was both his college coach and manager he won a ring with in Portland so he wants to go to Columbus. 

Just now, AF89 said:

Very true.

Nagbe isn't a money issue tho. We give him plenty and by all accounts he enjoyed himself. But Akron is his home and Caleb Porter was both his college coach and manager he won a ring with in Portland so he wants to go to Columbus. 

I meant more of what United gets in return. 

AF89 likes this

Just now, ATLBrave said:

I meant more of what United gets in return. 

I think that might be why it hasn't been formalized. They might feel if the landscape changes they could ask for a little more. I think there's a FIFA transfer window in January but I forget how that interacts within MLS's own deadlines.

ATLBrave likes this