What if Dan Quinn and Dirk Koetter were given one more year?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

No

I'm not sure if I am posting this thinking of the actual possibility, or just because the question was posed.

14 hours ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

Do you think our defense would master the 3-4 defense if given another year? We have such a young secondary learning a new scheme. Also in the offseason we can cut Vic Bustley and Can'tbell and draft some defensive pieces we need which we had to neglect last year because of offensive line.

On the offensive side of the ball by next year Lindstrom and McGrary should have more experience and be more comfortable assuming Lindstrom plays some games. The Falcons offense always seems to play better year 2 under an offensive coordinator so the offense should be a lot better next year if the offensive line gels. Mike Malarkey should help with the run scheme. We've had to play from behind a lot this year.

Do you guys think that Dan Quinn and Dirk Koetter would have our team playing some good ball if they were given another year? If the players were given more time to learn the schemes and get comfortable? 

Why do you ask these asinine questions?

Koetter is running his 4 verts here. Im assuming you mean, we should put Matt BACK INTO a west coast offense. The travesty we have now is Dirk using thoroughbreds to run hooks and curls. Crossing pattern, you can forget that.

Watching SF, KC, Phil, NO, LAR teams attacking with speed and creating mismatches really puts into perspective how behind the times Dirk is. 

21 hours ago, Chaz said:

Quinn never was head coach material and whoever advised Art that he was the best for this team ought to be the 1st out the door! With a bunch of others holding onto his coat tails.

It’s really lazy work that people assume a “hot coordinator” automatically deserves a shot at head coach. Head coaching is very little like being a coordinator. If the coordinator is being mentored to be a HC and has a title of Assistant HC, that’s one thing. 

In many cases, these coordinators fail their first time as a head coach then do well with a second opportunity. Belichick and Carroll come to mind. I’m convinced a first time HC has a better shot at being successful if he is specifically groomed for it. 

19 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

5 in a row and 6 of 7  in 2015

5 in a row and 6 of 8 in 2016

3 in a row on 2 separate occasions in 2018.

So yeah....this team is capable of it under Quinn.

The secondary needs to tighten up but if that happens the Falcons can easily win 7 of 8....they have gone on similar runs under Quinn.

2015????

You mean the year we went 6-2 then 2-6?

Yea I don’t think that’s a good one to use.

On 11/6/2019 at 8:41 PM, Chaz said:

Quinn never was head coach material and whoever advised Art that he was the best for this team ought to be the 1st out the door! With a bunch of others holding onto his coat tails.

That's the real essence of the issue. Quinn looked like HC material. He had the pedigree, the SB win as a DC, hard worker, detail obsessed, yada, yada, yada, but the only thing he got right was hiring Kyle Shanahan. Everything else has been an epic fail.

13 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

That's the real essence of the issue. Quinn looked like HC material. He had the pedigree, the SB win as a DC, hard worker, detail obsessed, yada, yada, yada, but the only thing he got right was hiring Kyle Shanahan. Everything else has been an epic fail.

The epic fail.  Letting Kyle Shanahan go.  His leaving just upset me sooooooo soooooo much. LOL :argh:pent up frustration.

11 minutes ago, Realsurfin said:

The epic fail.  Letting Kyle Shanahan go.  His leaving just upset me sooooooo soooooo much. LOL :argh:pent up frustration.

There was no keeping Shanahan. The mistake there was letting his entire staff go. People there we could have kept and maintained better offensive continuity instead of the growing pains we had with Sark. 

We might have made it back to the SB in 2017 had we kept and promoted from within Shanny's staff.

20 hours ago, runshoot said:

Koetter is running his 4 verts here. Im assuming you mean, we should put Matt BACK INTO a west coast offense. The travesty we have now is Dirk using thoroughbreds to run hooks and curls. Crossing pattern, you can forget that.

Watching SF, KC, Phil, NO, LAR teams attacking with speed and creating mismatches really puts into perspective how behind the times Dirk is.

if Matt Ryan had better protection he'd carve these teams up.

16 hours ago, KRUNKuno said:

2015????

You mean the year we went 6-2 then 2-6?

Yea I don’t think that’s a good one to use.

Yup......it shows that Quinn is able to string together alot of wins in a row.

It also shows that he can string alot of losses in a row......but it does show the abilty to put together a solid half of season.

On 11/6/2019 at 6:40 PM, ya_boi_j said:

No

Agreed. Why did we bring Dirk back? That's a TD garbage move. TD needs to go, new GM needs to cut and replace DQ and DK. I was a fan of keeping TD when we fired Smith, but a soft culture has stayed through all of our coaching moves. So I am now of the opinion that the cuts need to start with him. And I defiantly don't want sit through another season of DQ and DK.

Edited by Sheerz
On ‎11‎/‎6‎/‎2019 at 5:13 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

When the message no longer resonates with the players, the coach is fired.  No exceptions.  

Even if you love the coach, it’s easier to replace him than it is to turn over the roster.  

Simple as that! No one can say it better. Sums it up perfectly!

2 hours ago, Sheerz said:

Agreed. Why did we bring Dirk back? That's a TD garbage move. TD needs to go, new GM needs to cut and replace DQ and DK. I was a fan of keeping TD when we fired Smith, but a soft culture has stayed through all of our coaching moves. So I am now of the opinion that the cuts need to start with him. And I defiantly don't want sit through another season of DQ and DK.

The offensive line is the problem. Not Dirk or Sark in 2018. I agree Dirk needs to run the ball more but he is still good.