tl;dr

I am all about tanking

59 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

For only one more season. ;)

Not really, unless you're planning on the Aints beating us FOUR times this year, and that ain't happenin', 'cause we only play you twice....The all-time record is ----Falcons 52 reg. season Wins --- Aints 48.  Not to mention, we're 1-0 in the postseason VS the Taints!   ;) 

Yep. Ya gotta go all out to beat the Saints and I know that DQ and the whole team will do so.

Trap game for the Saints! Look out, Who Dats !

3 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think I can find a good players it’s what I do with them when they get in the door.You think a guy like Young for example comes and balls here with the dline coaching available?

I’d like to think we’d fix thee issue that’s been hurting us for awhile before worrying about where we are picking in that top half dozen.If we do pick in that area we’ll be getting a good player I have no doubts about that.

I think the biggest reason alot think tank is better is because they’ve fallen in love with a certain guy.

i guess we'll see if the hype was worth it or not after the season.

kiwifalcon likes this

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

Enjoy it...Brees arm getting creaky.

Eh, looked fine to me while de-winging the Cardinals. ;)

1 hour ago, FalconJim said:

Not really, unless you're planning on the Aints beating us FOUR times this year, and that ain't happenin', 'cause we only play you twice....The all-time record is ----Falcons 52 reg. season Wins --- Aints 48.  Not to mention, we're 1-0 in the postseason VS the Taints!   ;) 

Not really, if we sweep y’all this year and next year it’ll be 52-52. If that scenario occurs, that’s only a year away. 

Then we’ll get that pesky post-season win back. We could’ve met in the NFC Championship 2 years ago if both of our teams didn’t **** the bed at the end of our Divisional round games. :lol:

1 hour ago, Iron Saint said:

Eh, looked fine to me while de-winging the Cardinals. ;)

Not really, if we sweep y’all this year and next year it’ll be 52-52. If that scenario occurs, that’s only a year away. 

Then we’ll get that pesky post-season win back. We could’ve met in the NFC Championship 2 years ago if both of our teams didn’t **** the bed at the end of our Divisional round games. :lol:

Nah, you'll probably never catch us on either record!  Especially, if, "creaky arm" Breesus retires any time soon, and that could be sooner, rather than later!  Haha! 
And when he retires, Payton won't be far behind....at least, not with the Aints.  And when that happens, you'll be back to being the NFC South's "cellar dwellers"! 
But yeah, I was hoping for  a match up with you guys a couple of years ago, too, but it just didn't materialize....I desperately wanted to beat you in the postseason, AGAIN!!!   ;)  

On 11/6/2019 at 4:21 PM, FalconsIn2012 said:

No need to tank, our coaching and players complacency will do it for em

Winner,winner chicken dinner.

Every mock draft i look at has us finishing 4th or 5th and drafting Okuda :bang: i just have a feeling we will miss out on chase i know if Washington is above us they will draft him ;(

18 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Because picking closer to the top of the draft is guaranteed to work lol.Fark you guys are funny.

Hows that worked for teams like Cleveland Miami Jacksonville and alike how’s it exactly worked lol.

Yeah how’s that working out for San Fran

I can cherry pick examples too. Truly not how the draft works, nor the odds of finding a star player. Picking higher allows the most flexibility and the best chances of landing a pro bowl player. 

This team sucks that we can all agree on. Forget Chase Young even though we will more than likely have the top pick. 

This team needs more than one top player, we need help everywhere. Trade back and get multiple picks, we could get another 1st rounder this year and next. This could be a golden opportunity for us as long as we get the right FO/HC in place. 

13 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

Yeah how’s that working out for San Fran

I can cherry pick examples too. Truly not how the draft works, nor the odds of finding a star player. Picking higher allows the most flexibility and the best chances of landing a pro bowl player. 

6 years of high draft picks and finally there winning the regular season yay that counts for something.

Cherry picking teams like the ones I’ve mentioned,there always there and haven’t done anything.All it says to me is they’ve been consistently picking high and it hasn’t done anything for them.

As for picking pro bowl players well if it were a individual sport great but it isn’t so yeah. I stand by the fact it’s what you do with the talent to better the team then just plugging talent in regardless if it’s top tier.

7 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

I think I can find a good players it’s what I do with them when they get in the door.You think a guy like Young for example comes and balls here with the dline coaching available?

I’d like to think we’d fix thee issue that’s been hurting us for awhile before worrying about where we are picking in that top half dozen.If we do pick in that area we’ll be getting a good player I have no doubts about that.

I think the biggest reason alot think tank is better is because they’ve fallen in love with a certain guy.

I personally fall in love with options. The ability to trade down or take a guy who could go full bada$$ with the right coaching. Outside of Jarrett and Tak the talent is just not there on the line. Period. Tak will likely never be a stud but we certainly haven’t gotten the most out of him. I’ve hated the idea of getting more ******* edge talent but it doesn’t take a NFL scout to see Young is in the Bosa bros, Garrett, and Miller class. You take a guy like that even if you already have one of the guys listed. 

31 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

6 years of high draft picks and finally there winning the regular season yay that counts for something.

Cherry picking teams like the ones I’ve mentioned,there always there and haven’t done anything.All it says to me is they’ve been consistently picking high and it hasn’t done anything for them.

As for picking pro bowl players well if it were a individual sport great but it isn’t so yeah. I stand by the fact it’s what you do with the talent to better the team then just plugging talent in regardless if it’s top tier.

There is no disputing the benefits of drafting higher. None. Zero. 

1.Chase Young. 2. Andrew Thomas 3. Tristan Wirfs 4. AJ Apenesa  woukld be happy with any of these guys, don't think we will be able to get young maybe not Thomas but Wirfs and Apenesa will be there and they are beast. we could win 3 or 4 more games and maybe still get these two. Also think we could trade back and get Derek Brown or Marvin Wilson. Definitely want Cam Akers 2nd pick. Barry Sanders the 2nd. 

11 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

There is no disputing the benefits of drafting higher. None. Zero. 

Except for winning anything in those teams cases.

Benefits of where your drafting are pointless unless you use it to your advantage.

21 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

I personally fall in love with options. The ability to trade down or take a guy who could go full bada$$ with the right coaching. Outside of Jarrett and Tak the talent is just not there on the line. Period. Tak will likely never be a stud but we certainly haven’t gotten the most out of him. I’ve hated the idea of getting more ******* edge talent but it doesn’t take a NFL scout to see Young is in the Bosa bros, Garrett, and Miller class. You take a guy like that even if you already have one of the guys listed. 

I mean yes but you can do that wherever in the draft if it’s advantageous to do so.

I mean the book isn’t written on Takk as yet.Am I enamoured no but I still believe with the right guy to push his buttons I dunno but as above I hold hope for the guy.

Young has all the traits though I don’t put as much faith in who he’s beating as olineman at college level are so so at best.

Also feel Young if drafted here will be held to an unrealistic standard and when he doesn’t hit them will suffer the same ridicule Beasley and Takk are getting now.

In the right environment with a group that does there jobs Young’s traits will see fruition but here with questionable coaching and a unit not doing there jobs I dunno how good he’d really be.

1 minute ago, kiwifalcon said:

I mean yes but you can do that wherever in the draft if it’s advantageous to do so.

I mean the book isn’t written on Takk as yet.Am I enamoured no but I still believe with the right guy to push his buttons I dunno but as above I hold hope for the guy.

Young has all the traits though I don’t put as much faith in who he’s beating as olineman at college level are so so at best.

Also feel Young if drafted here will be held to an unrealistic standard and when he doesn’t hit them will suffer the same ridicule Beasley and Takk are getting now.

In the right environment with a group that does there jobs Young’s traits will see fruition but here with questionable coaching and a unit not doing there jobs I dunno how good he’d really be.

How good will Delpit, Okudah, Brown, or Espensa be with this coaching? I expect new coaching so I’m not worrying about that.

These mocks are just for fun, the situation is so fluid that by April we will be looking at prospects completely differently. However we do have one certainty. A higher pick means we can draft whoever we want. It also means we could gain more picks and possibly even still get our guy like a Delpit while gaining a second rounder. The options are there the higher we are. 

PokerSteve likes this

6 minutes ago, Akod2017 said:

How good will Delpit, Okudah, Brown, or Espensa be with this coaching? I expect new coaching so I’m not worrying about that.

These mocks are just for fun, the situation is so fluid that by April we will be looking at prospects completely differently. However we do have one certainty. A higher pick means we can draft whoever we want. It also means we could gain more picks and possibly even still get our guy like a Delpit while gaining a second rounder. The options are there the higher we are. 

Exactly I’m actually worried about it because with what we have now and especially new is an unknown.

If we are picking within the top 6 or 7 I believe we’ll land who we want.

Dependent on who is head of the new regime.

I got a suspicion though that alot think if we draft outside of those top 4 picks some how the drafts lost because of player bias for example missing out on Chase Young.

2 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Exactly I’m actually worried about it because with what we have now and especially new is an unknown.

If we are picking within the top 6 or 7 I believe we’ll land who we want.

Dependent on who is head of the new regime.

I got a suspicion though that alot think if we draft outside of those top 4 picks some how the drafts lost because of player bias for example missing out on Chase Young.

Looking at mock drafts you can see how it’s way too early to make too many assumptions. You have guys like wirfs, leatherwood, Adams, Reagor, Harris, Ruggs, and more going as early as the first and as late as the third. With that said I just hope we lose out. Not necessarily for Young but for someone in his class. Like I said, and it’s been done many a times, I hope we can trade back and still get one of those guys. Can you imagine getting a Delpit/Okudah/Brown and then having 2 early second round picks and 1 late. Not to mention an early 3rd rounder. We could address S,CB,RB,C/G,DT all by the 3rd round with guys we expect to actually be starters. 

Way too early scenarios:

Delpit S          Brown DT       Okudah CB

Kindley G       McKinley S    Biadasz C

Dobbins RB   Johnson CB   Duggar S

Terrell DB       Smith T/G      Etienne RB

Wilson DT      Akers RB      Coe DE/DT

Of course we don’t have to take just those positions and who knows how guys will grade after the combine. Regardless the point stands that some big time talent would be infused. 

Not hoping we tank, just hoping we lose out. Just for the options.

kiwifalcon likes this

8 hours ago, FalconJim said:

Nah, you'll probably never catch us on either record!  Especially, if, "creaky arm" Breesus retires any time soon, and that could be sooner, rather than later!  Haha! 
And when he retires, Payton won't be far behind....at least, not with the Aints.  And when that happens, you'll be back to being the NFC South's "cellar dwellers"! 
But yeah, I was hoping for  a match up with you guys a couple of years ago, too, but it just didn't materialize....I desperately wanted to beat you in the postseason, AGAIN!!!   ;) 

Y'all been saying Brees is "just about done" for what, 5-6 years now? One of these days y'all will finally be right, unfortunately for y'all it doesn't seem to be this year. ;)

And LOLOL, that's rich. That NFC Championship game would've been a repeat of our Week 16 matchup. Except Lattimore would've caught an interception with his taint instead of his butt like the first time. :lol: