tl;dr

I am all about tanking

59 posts in this topic

But there are 2 games left on the schedule I 100% hope we win, and both are against the Saints. If we lose out on the top pick because we beat the Saints, then so be it. Would rather go 3-13 and get the 4th or 5th pick then go 1-15 and get the 1st pick. 

I hate those guys so much and I really don’t want to “tank” against them. Forget draft picks, just beat those classless punks.

That being said... Saints win big both games. But I would trade the number 1 pick for like even 6 or 7 if it meant sweeping them. 

Yep, tank, trade back a few spots to pick up an extra 1st and 2nd rounder, rebuild our interior DL and secondary with this years draft.

vitaman likes this

3 hours ago, tl;dr said:

But there are 2 games left on the schedule I 100% hope we win, and both are against the Saints. If we lose out on the top pick because we beat the Saints, then so be it. Would rather go 3-13 and get the 4th or 5th pick then go 1-15 and get the 1st pick. 

I hate those guys so much and I really don’t want to “tank” against them. Forget draft picks, just beat those classless punks.

That being said... Saints win big both games. But I would trade the number 1 pick for like even 6 or 7 if it meant sweeping them. 

Wow, I was all but ostracized a few days ago after mentioning something like this!  You must be special!  LOL!  I haven't seen anybody "jump you" for saying such a thing.  And I hate the Aints as much as you do, or anybody else on TATF, but to get Chase Young, I would concede BOTH games this year (a lost season) to get him!!!  So, I'm still on the "Tanker Train" --- welcome aboard, tl;dr!!!  

thanat0s, vitaman and Godzilla1985 like this

3 hours ago, MAD597 said:

Yep, tank, trade back a few spots to pick up an extra 1st and 2nd rounder, rebuild our interior DL and secondary with this years draft.

You know, this is what a lot of us say every year. It doesn't always work. We have had some decent draft picks as of late. The problem is, TD tries to get too fancy, and does it half @ssed. Imagine the difference if we had a big NT playing besides Grady. It would have made Takk better, and Beasley tolerable. Some times, we are our own worst enemy.

7 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

You know, this is what a lot of us say every year. It doesn't always work. We have had some decent draft picks as of late. The problem is, TD tries to get too fancy, and does it half @ssed. Imagine the difference if we had a big NT playing besides Grady. It would have made Takk better, and Beasley tolerable. Some times, we are our own worst enemy.

The one time they actually got serious and signed a NT, Poe, they destroyed that solid defense after one season by replacing him with a nobody rookie.

29 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Wow, I was all but ostracized a few days ago after mentioning something like this!  You must be special!  LOL!  I haven't seen anybody "jump you" for saying such a thing.  And I hate the Aints as much as you do, or anybody else on TATF, but to get Chase Young, I would concede BOTH games this year (a lost season) to get him!!!  So, I'm still on the "Tanker Train" --- welcome aboard, tl;dr!!!  

I agree with you guys. I’d love to win those two. I’ll settle for the Thanksgiving game, so we aren’t embarrassed on the world stage.

FalconJim likes this

We went from 5 to 14 with three meaningless wins at the end of last year.  Fans here said we needed the momentum going into the offseason and it was a good thing.  How’d that work out for us?  Had we been at 5 we wouldn’t have had to give up a 3rd to move up for McGary it would have been somewhere between a 4th or 5th depending on which draft chart you use.  We could have taken someone like Chase Winovich instead of Sheffield or Ollison,  **** we could have traded back in the first and still come out ahead if Chris was our man...but TD has never traded back in the first round so that wouldn’t have happened.  

I would be perfectly content losing out if it meant a quicker turn around for this team long term.  I don’t want TD here because with that extra two he will use it as ammo to trade up and we still haven’t fixed any depth.  Too many holes to trade up in the top three rounds over the next three years.  Only trades we should do are down so we get more at bats.

Clark, vitaman and Doctor Kildare like this

Because picking closer to the top of the draft is guaranteed to work lol.Fark you guys are funny.

Hows that worked for teams like Cleveland Miami Jacksonville and alike how’s it exactly worked lol.

47 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Because picking closer to the top of the draft is guaranteed to work lol.Fark you guys are funny.

Hows that worked for teams like Cleveland Miami Jacksonville and alike how’s it exactly worked lol.

None of those teams have a franchise QB. And no one argues picking higher guarantees that you'll get a good player, it just increases the chances of you finding a good player. 

FOs not tanking and they never will. What the fans want out of the team is irrelevant, can't blame fans for wanting more draft capital.

12 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

None of those teams have a franchise QB. And no one argues picking higher guarantees that you'll get a good player, it just increases the chances of you finding a good player. 

FOs not tanking and they never will. What the fans want out of the team is irrelevant, can't blame fans for wanting more draft capital.

Two of them passed on Deshaun Watson and and Mahomes when they needed upgrades at QB.

kiwifalcon likes this

How about, lose all remaining games except Thanksgiving at home. 2-14. Hand the Aints a loss in primetime after my Cowboys win their game. Ideal scenario for me. That leaves......

Bengals beat the Dolphins and Jets, avenge the Steelers

Redskins beat the Giants at home and outlast the Lions

Jets win the other Miami game and beat the Redskins

Dolphins beat the Bengals and Giants

#1 pick, sole possession of worst record, draft Chase Young. Above highlights the most likely scenario IMO

8 minutes ago, stizz said:

Two of them passed on Deshaun Watson and and Mahomes when they needed upgrades at QB.

Meh, Cleveland drafted Myles Garrett, I think that's a pretty good consolation prize.

vitaman likes this

7 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Meh, Cleveland drafted Myles Garrett, I think that's a pretty good consolation prize.

I'm an Aggie, had the pleasure to watch him play in college. Dude was a beast then, still a beast now. Future DPOY material. Pass rushers like him don't come around often. They did fine with that pick.

Not going to lie, I’d love the possibility of sweeping y’all for the 8th time since Payton and Brees got here. ;)

By all means, tank away! :lol:

That should light a fire under the tank crowd. :tiphat:

Edited by Iron Saint

13 minutes ago, Iron Saint said:

Not going to lie, I’d love the possibility of sweeping y’all for the 8th time since Payton and Brees got here. ;)

I want chase young but it's **** the saints

i can't complain about a win over the saints

14 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I want chase young but it's **** the saints

i can't complain about a win over the saints

That’s the spirit! :D

vitaman likes this

2 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Not when you could have drafted a franchise QB. They haven't made the playoffs with Garrett, but they would have with Watson or Mahomes.

I could careless about beating the Saints when we suck . Rivalry’s arent even fun when one team is great & the other sucks, unless your team is the great . Just another pointless game . Imagine beating the Saints being the headliner of the season .. that’s when you know your team is garbage . No division title, no playoff win , no SB win but “we beat the Saints” Foh . Lol . :lol: . 

I hope the Saints run the damm score up so high Arthur “Falcon For Life” Blank sells the team & takes Doofus Quinn & Dimitri with him . 

FalconsIn2012 and vitaman like this

I'm all aboard team tank. I was last year as well,  but got destroyed for it,  because the meaningless wins would carry momentum into this year. That plan has worked out splendidly lol. 

We all know the Falcons will go on a minor winning streak and ruin our draft position.  The only question is how much our hopes will get up for an awesome draft slot before that happens.

PokerSteve likes this

10 hours ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I think I can find a good players it’s what I do with them when they get in the door.You think a guy like Young for example comes and balls here with the dline coaching available?

I’d like to think we’d fix thee issue that’s been hurting us for awhile before worrying about where we are picking in that top half dozen.If we do pick in that area we’ll be getting a good player I have no doubts about that.

I think the biggest reason alot think tank is better is because they’ve fallen in love with a certain guy.

TNFalcon1 likes this

9 hours ago, Iron Saint said:

Yeah, but we still own ya'll when it comes to all-time regular season Wins!  LOL! 

33 minutes ago, FalconJim said:

Yeah, but we still own ya'll when it comes to all-time regular season Wins!  LOL! 

For only one more season. ;)