College Football Playoff thread

30 minutes ago, Carter said:

I remember reading that Notre Dame is eligible for any ACC slot in a NY6 bowl if they have a comparable or better ranking than the ACC team slated. Seems they would be the pick in that case. Orange Bowl also gets the highest ranked non CFP SEC team, which seems likely to be Bama imo.

ND is among the teams that can be selected to face the ACC. I dont think ND is one of the ACC's contracted teams for the Orange because they're listed as a potential opponent in the language.

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh. LSU will be ranked #4 in two weeks anyway. 

It’s still so funny that Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia In 2017 and it didn’t even really matter to either team lol

You go man!!   not sure if you’ve put it in enough threads though. Lol

Posted Images

44 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

ND is among the teams that can be selected to face the ACC. I dont think ND is one of the ACC's contracted teams for the Orange because they're listed as a potential opponent in the language.

You are probably right about that, I may have misread it or I’m remembering incorrectly. If it’s an ACC team will be in the Orange Bowl no matter what then that’s going to be horrible. We will have a 3 or 4 loss possibly unranked ACC team potentially playing UGA or Bama.

20 minutes ago, Carter said:

You are probably right about that, I may have misread it or I’m remembering incorrectly. If it’s an ACC team will be in the Orange Bowl no matter what then that’s going to be horrible. We will have a 3 or 4 loss possibly unranked ACC team potentially playing UGA or Bama.

Just yuck. UA/UGA vs. UVA/VT/Pitt/whoever is just an awful game. Of course, who knows how many players will sit out if any at all... I really wish there would be some language in these contracts to ensure that there are quality teams in the NY6 bowls. Even UGA/ND again would be a much more enticing matchup than any of those other ones. 

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

We might not get into the CFP, but I really want our boys to rally and play this season out hard. If for no other reason than a thank you for Tua.

How we finish says a lot about the character of this team. I will be there cheering them on every game!

RTR

Hey I'm definitely cheering us on too, but this season really has already been spoiled for me. Tua really was more than just a QB at Alabama... It really breaks my heart that he is out and it really ruins the season for me in some ways.

Still though, 12-1 with wins over Tennessee, Auburn, and then say the Orange Bowl would be pretty awesome to see

14 minutes ago, Carter said:

Yeah. If VT gets by Pittsburgh and Virginia they'll be 9-3 headed to play Clemson. They'd still be 9-4 in the Orange Bowl. I've heard some speculate we might see Miami if they get to 8-4. Local team and they wont be coming off a potentially big loss to Clemson.

15 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yeah. If VT gets by Pittsburgh and Virginia they'll be 9-3 headed to play Clemson. They'd still be 9-4 in the Orange Bowl. I've heard some speculate we might see Miami if they get to 8-4. Local team and they wont be coming off a potentially big loss to Clemson.

I wouldn’t mind playing Miami. The Richt connection is gone but we have some players from Miami who would probably enjoy that... and Miami in January is just perfect weather for the fans traveling. UGA has not played in the Orange Bowl OR against Miami since the 60s either.  Would be disappointed to miss the playoff but I can live with that matchup.

We open next season with Virginia so that definitely wouldn’t get the fans excited.

Hopefully this is a Bama problem lol

49 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

I would think it would be VT since they’ll travel and spend more money in the area as opposed to Miami fans who won’t need a hotel room and would just go for a day.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Hey I'm definitely cheering us on too, but this season really has already been spoiled for me. Tua really was more than just a QB at Alabama... It really breaks my heart that he is out and it really ruins the season for me in some ways.

Still though, 12-1 with wins over Tennessee, Auburn, and then say the Orange Bowl would be pretty awesome to see

You are right, he was much more than just an Alabama QB! Everytime I think about it, it feels like I have been punched in the belly. So incredibilty painful.

I am looking forward to seeing him at the game on Saturday! It's senior day and although he isn't a senior, I am sure that there will be some kind of recognition for him.

Did you hear any talk abuot GA v Bama in Orange Bowl if GA loses SECCG? That would be horrible! No one will attend that game from either fan base.

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I would think it would be VT since they’ll travel and spend more money in the area as opposed to Miami fans who won’t need a hotel room and would just go for a day.

Certainly possible but it could be dependent on how well they play Clemson if they win the division. Orange isnt going to invite someone that got blasted I would imagine. VT finishes with Virginia and Pitt. A lot will be determined there because those 3 are all 7-3 teams today.

16 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Alabama could beat Auburn by 50 and I don't think it will really matter unless we get 2 loss champs in the Big 12 and Pac 12. 

Tbh, most Alabama fans I know are kind of numb to this football season right now. It seems to be everyone else who really has a strong opinion on whether we should get in or not. Most of us have accepted our fate by now.

I'm thinking it will be LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Oregon right now. Would rather see Oklahoma than Oregon, but I don't think I'll get my wish. 

Truth. I’m only thinking about what’s in front of us. The Auburn Tigers. Beat them and it’s a good year. I don’t even care about the Bowl game. Glorified exhibition outside of the playoffs these days. 

6 hours ago, BamaBirdLady said:

You are right, he was much more than just an Alabama QB! Everytime I think about it, it feels like I have been punched in the belly. So incredibilty painful.

I am looking forward to seeing him at the game on Saturday! It's senior day and although he isn't a senior, I am sure that there will be some kind of recognition for him.

Did you hear any talk abuot GA v Bama in Orange Bowl if GA loses SECCG? That would be horrible! No one will attend that game from either fan base.

An Alabama/Georgia Orange Bowl would be much better than Alabama vs. Virginia IMO. But due to contracts and such, I don't think that would happen. It will be an ACC team against UA/UGA. 

12 minutes ago, Black Francis said:

Truth. I’m only thinking about what’s in front of us. The Auburn Tigers. Beat them and it’s a good year. I don’t even care about the Bowl game. Glorified exhibition outside of the playoffs these days. 

It's weird because it seems like everyone else on Twitter and such is debating whether Alabama deserves to be in or not. Meanwhile almost every Alabama fan I've talked to is okay with finishing 12-1 with wins over Tennessee, Auburn, and the Orange Bowl team. Just funny lol. 

17 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

It's weird because it seems like everyone else on Twitter and such is debating whether Alabama deserves to be in or not. Meanwhile almost every Alabama fan I've talked to is okay with finishing 12-1 with wins over Tennessee, Auburn, and the Orange Bowl team. Just funny lol. 

Yep. Not one person that is an Alabama fan that I know is debating anything about Alabama’s chances of getting into the playoff. It’s not even up for discussion. We’ve always said win them all and it won’t matter. Don’t leave it up to someone else. We’re good. The only folks that I know that are talking about Alabama and the playoffs are paid talking heads and fans of other teams. 

On 11/20/2019 at 5:12 PM, tl;dr said:

You guys don't visit you own bama boards because they above just isn't true at all..  Bama fans all over are discussing how they get in and whining about UGA being in over Alabama at #4 when they believe they should be #4.  I hear it on the radio, on twitter, and see it on Bama message boards, your own fans are talking about it A LOT.. 

The biggest move was Baylor this week. They have it set up now where OU can close the year with a top 10 win and jump into the playoffs if UGA loses to LSU. Not saying that will happen but the groundwork is there. But, given this committee’s apparent emphasis on strong defense, that seems counterintuitive. Hearing the justification for OU if it does happen will be interesting. 

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

LSU can be beat...

any team that doesn't play defense worth a flip can be beat.. i have said this many times give me a great defense and average offense instead of what i believe is a bad defense with a great offense.. defense travels..  someone broke down national title teams and i believe in the past 10 years only 1 team had a scoring defense that was worst than top 10.. i gotta find the exact numbers, but the bottom line is showed that great defense wins the big games still.