College Football Playoff thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh. LSU will be ranked #4 in two weeks anyway. 

It’s still so funny that Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia In 2017 and it didn’t even really matter to either team lol

You go man!!   not sure if you’ve put it in enough threads though. Lol

Posted Images

15 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

Top 4 teams don't lose while giving up 46 points in their own stadium after being down 20 at halftime!! C'mon now!! This is ridiculous!!

Guess you didn’t see Oklahoma 2 years ago? How does this excuse LSU giving up 41? You can’t have it both ways. Minnesota has really only looked really good the last 2-3 games. If Minnesota wins out they’re in but they lose, they will be out of the top 4..  

Edited by Bdawg58
16 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

Georgia has as many victories against top-15 opponents (3) as Ohio State, Clemson, Alabama, Oregon, Utah and Penn State have combined, this season.  

All of this UGA bashing/they don't deserve to be ranked #4 blah-blah-blah will promptly end as soon as the SECCG is over and the Dawgs are setting there at 12-1.

Then it will be Clemson at #1 most likely since they'll be undefeated, and the debates of #2 to #4 can rage on due to Ohio State losing in Columbus to Penn State, LSU losing to Georgia, Oklahoma being...  well from the Big12, and the Pac12 winner between Oregon or Utah.

37 minutes ago, m2Falcons said:

All of this UGA bashing/they don't deserve to be ranked #4 blah-blah-blah will promptly end as soon as the SECCG is over and the Dawgs are setting there at 12-1.

Then it will be Clemson at #1 most likely since they'll be undefeated, and the debates of #2 to #4 can rage on due to Ohio State losing in Columbus to Penn State, LSU losing to Georgia, Oklahoma being...  well from the Big12, and the Pac12 winner between Oregon or Utah.

Georgia beat LSU they’ll be number 1. We should be number 3 in the new rankings if they do this right.

1 hour ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Bama still at #5!

I heard a lot of talk about the possibility of dropping us lower because of injury.  Glad the committee didn't speculate on what could happen without Tua.

I reckon it might depend how Bama looks against Auburn and UGA losing to LSU. Unfortunately for yall I think it's even more likely now that Oregon can jump Bama by winning out. The committee might give Bama the benefit of the doubt though if UGA loses and Bama has a convincing win at Auburn.

No reason to drop them now. Still a lot of football to play out.

Alabama could beat Auburn by 50 and I don't think it will really matter unless we get 2 loss champs in the Big 12 and Pac 12. 

Tbh, most Alabama fans I know are kind of numb to this football season right now. It seems to be everyone else who really has a strong opinion on whether we should get in or not. Most of us have accepted our fate by now.

I'm thinking it will be LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Oregon right now. Would rather see Oklahoma than Oregon, but I don't think I'll get my wish. 

1 hour ago, Unknøwn said:

Cincy still holds the NY6 bowl for the non power 5. 

Orange Bowl is going to have a time picking their team. Clemson is almost a lock for the CFP and theres nobody else in the ACC ranked. Could potentially see a 4 loss Virginia, VT, Pitt or Miami in the Orange Bowl. 

I remember reading that Notre Dame is eligible for any ACC slot in a NY6 bowl if they have a comparable or better ranking than the ACC team slated. Seems they would be the pick in that case. Orange Bowl also gets the highest ranked non CFP SEC team, which seems likely to be Bama imo.

7 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Alabama could beat Auburn by 50 and I don't think it will really matter unless we get 2 loss champs in the Big 12 and Pac 12. 

Tbh, most Alabama fans I know are kind of numb to this football season right now. It seems to be everyone else who really has a strong opinion on whether we should get in or not. Most of us have accepted our fate by now.

I'm thinking it will be LSU, Ohio State, Clemson, and Oregon right now. Would rather see Oklahoma than Oregon, but I don't think I'll get my wish. 

We might not get into the CFP, but I really want our boys to rally and play this season out hard. If for no other reason than a thank you for Tua.

How we finish says a lot about the character of this team. I will be there cheering them on every game!

RTR