College Football Playoff thread

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Meh. LSU will be ranked #4 in two weeks anyway. 

It’s still so funny that Auburn beat Alabama and Georgia In 2017 and it didn’t even really matter to either team lol

You go man!!   not sure if you’ve put it in enough threads though. Lol

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Bdawg58 said:

I wouldn’t say the door is mostly closed.. Bama HAS to win this weekend or I don’t think they have a chance to make the playoffs unless something weird happens. Bama won’t likely have a top 20 win this year if they lose to LSU. 

Bama will beat LSU and Auburn and play Georgia in the SEC Championship game...

5 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Bama will beat LSU and Auburn and play Georgia in the SEC Championship game...

If Alabama beats LSU and State, I hope they rest the starters for the Auburn game or play them in limited minutes. No point in running guys out there when they could get hurt. 

A lot of people will say don’t do it for “bragging rights” but I assure you that a lot of Alabama fans do not care in the slightest if we lose that game. 

37 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

If Alabama beats LSU and State, I hope they rest the starters for the Auburn game or play them in limited minutes. No point in running guys out there when they could get hurt. 

A lot of people will say don’t do it for “bragging rights” but I assure you that a lot of Alabama fans do not care in the slightest if we lose that game. 

Say what?  AU is not a team you can beat with your back ups.

39 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Saban will not do that. He plays to win games.  They will beat Auburn...

4 hours ago, Carter said:

I guess we will see how it plays out. I’m very skeptical that Bama won’t get the benefit of the doubt even if they lose to LSU. I think the committee would be more likely to put Bama in over LSU if UGA wins the SEC just to avoid a rematch of the SEC title game in the playoffs. They for sure won’t put a one loss Oklahoma, Penn State, Utah or Oregon in over Bama this year.

What will really open the door is if Clemson gets upset. They will be in the top 4 after this weekend and probably stay there. Ohio State or Penn State will also drop out of the top 4 by the end of the month. But if Clemson slips up they are definitely out and that opens up some possibilities.

I don't know, Oregon if they finish with only 1 loss has a pretty good case for making the playoff, especially if Auburn beats Georgia or Alabama. They lost the Auburn game with 9 seconds left, the only time they trailed in the game. Each Auburn loss hurts Oregon's case though, especially with some of their struggles in Pac-12 games.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Are you serious? I don't know any Bama fan that doesn't want to beat aubarn!  There are really 2 games that most Bama want to win every year, Tennessee and aubarn. The rest is gravy!

And like @Spts1 said, I don't think Saban would ever start a game with back ups. He doesn't do with the cupcake games, certainly not our little brother!

1 hour ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Say what?  AU is not a team you can beat with your back ups.

We will lose with back ups, but I don’t really care lol. I would rather take a loss and have everyone ready for the stretch run than potentially have someone get hurt in a meaningless game 

22 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Are you serious? I don't know any Bama fan that doesn't want to beat aubarn!  There are really 2 games that most Bama want to win every year, Tennessee and aubarn. The rest is gravy!

And like @Spts1 said, I don't think Saban would ever start a game with back ups. He doesn't do with the cupcake games, certainly not our little brother!

Beating Auburn is fun, but ultimately the game won’t matter. It hasn’t mattered the last couple of years. Last year Buggs got banged up and that really hurt. 

Plus losing the game may give Gus another extension...

56 minutes ago, BamaBirdLady said:

Thats the diffference between Saban and most coaches.  He takes no prisoners.  He can be up 42-0 and just DRILL a player for making a mistake.  When players on Bama make mistakes, they try and avoid Saban when coming to the sideline.  Don't matter, he drags the guy who is holding the headset cable WITH HIM over to the guy that made the mistake...:lol:   Even his coaches are afraid of him...:lol:

Image result for nick saban yelling at player gif

" Im soo out of here..."

Up 38 -10 over Western Kentucky and is DRILLING Lane Kiffin. THATS why Saban has 6 championships...

Edited by Spts1
1 minute ago, Spts1 said:

Thats the diffference between Saban and most coaches.  He takes no prisoners.  He can be up 42-0 and just DRILL a player for making a mistake.  When players on Bama make mistakes, they try and avoid Saban when coming to the sideline.  Don't matter, he drags the guy who is holding the headset cable WITH HIM over to the guy that made the mistake...:lol:   Even his coaches are afraid of him...:lol:

" Im soo out of here..."

Yeah Saban is the only coach that does this. That's the difference.

14 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

" Im soo out of here..."

Up 38 -10 over Western Kentucky and is DRILLING Lane Kiffin. THATS why Saban has 6 championships...

My thoughts on the Iron Bowl are not his for sure lol. I’m not naive enough to think that.

Im more about just making sure everyone is healthy and what not, but I 100% know that game isn’t going to be like a week 17 NFL game 

Just now, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Meaningless game?  Are you sure you’re a Bama fan?

100%. Born, raised, with a degree. The whole 9 yards. 

And I can guarantee you I’m not the only Alabama fan who feels that way... I don’t think very many Alabama fans even care about the 2017 game because well, they won the national title. If Alabama has clinched the West and is sitting at 11-0, they just need to win the SEC and they are in. Winning the SEC is a bigger accomplishment than beating Auburn. And I would hope Auburn people would say the same thing about Alabama. 

Thats not to say beating Auburn isn’t fun, but to a lot of Alabama fans, the game does not mean as much as you would think. It still means a lot, but it’s behind the Tennessee game and the national championship result. 

5 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

100%. Born, raised, with a degree. The whole 9 yards. 

And I can guarantee you I’m not the only Alabama fan who feels that way... I don’t think very many Alabama fans even care about the 2017 game because well, they won the national title. If Alabama has clinched the West and is sitting at 11-0, they just need to win the SEC and they are in. Winning the SEC is a bigger accomplishment than beating Auburn. And I would hope Auburn people would say the same thing about Alabama. 

Thats not to say beating Auburn isn’t fun, but to a lot of Alabama fans, the game does not mean as much as you would think. It still means a lot, but it’s behind the Tennessee game and the national championship result. 

I would imagine you’re one of the few who would take an L just to stay healthy though.  

And it’s too big of a risk.  If you lose to UGA then you’re out

3 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

I would imagine you’re one of the few who would take an L just to stay healthy though.  

And it’s too big of a risk.  If you lose to UGA then you’re out

Yeah that’s my whole thought behind it would be just to stay healthy. It isn’t going to happen though 

59 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

My thoughts on the Iron Bowl are not his for sure lol. I’m not naive enough to think that.

Im more about just making sure everyone is healthy and what not, but I 100% know that game isn’t going to be like a week 17 NFL game 

Saban said himself that he plays even " meaningless" games to win...

Means nothing. As an old school Alabama fan I say win them all and there is no debate...and the years when we had to leave it up to debate...I hated those years. Even when we won It all against LSU and Georgia. I’ve always said this and I stand by it. The SEC Championship means more to me. Always will. The other conference championship games are a joke. Win the SEC outright? You’re a Champion and that will always be a thing to me. That’s a HUGE deal and the “group” that decides the playoff know that about our conference. League championships mean nothing in other leagues. Not in the SEC. That ish matters. Between us and let’s face it. Nobody cares more than us. So that’s that in my book. That’s why those effers keep coming down here for work and to make a life. We’re better. Always have been. 

37 minutes ago, Spts1 said:

Saban said himself that he plays even " meaningless" games to win...

Lies. Look at his track record the last 14 years. He’ll play anybody in the regular season. **** dude. Look up the history. It’s out there for you. I’ll break down all of them for you. Look at the history of his out of conference schedule in his tenure at Alabama. You’re either a lying troll or your stupid. He’s played big time programs on the regular. It’s not his fault that Alabama made them suck. He’s been that great and EVERY big time program that he’s played has mostly lost save for OSU and Clemson who he beat Clemson in the regular season and twice in the playoffs. Do the research. Saban is scared of nobody. He can’t get these programs to play Alabama in the regular season anymore. 

4 hours ago, Falconsfan567 said:

I don't know, Oregon if they finish with only 1 loss has a pretty good case for making the playoff, especially if Auburn beats Georgia or Alabama. They lost the Auburn game with 9 seconds left, the only time they trailed in the game. Each Auburn loss hurts Oregon's case though, especially with some of their struggles in Pac-12 games.

Auburn will probably be a home underdog in both of those games. They could certainly win one, maybe even both since they have that crazy voodoo magic at home. If the outcomes go as expected though then Auburn will be a 4 loss team who lost to LSU, UGA and Bama. Not sure that helps Oregon when comparing resumes. They definitely need Auburn to win out, as much for the resume as for knocking off two teams ranked ahead of them.

Lets say Ohio State and Clemson win out. That's 2 teams guaranteed in. Lets say LSU/Bama/UGA finish as an undefeated or 1-loss SEC champ. That's 3 spots locked in. Who is getting that 4th spot?

-One loss Oregon or Utah Pac 12 champs who really have no quality wins and lost to a team with 4 or more losses?
-One loss Oklahoma who trailed by 25 to Kansas State before ultimately losing by 7?
or
-One loss LSU or Bama who will be ranked no lower than #5 going into that final championship weekend and viewed as better teams than Oregon, Utah, or Oklahoma?

Now that I'm thinking about this... the havoc scenario would be Ohio State losing to Penn State, Clemson dropping a close game to Wake Forest, Bama beating LSU and then losing to Auburn, UGA losing to Auburn and then winning the SEC.

I sure as **** don't want to lose to Auburn, but this would be fun to see how it played out in selection lol

1 hour ago, Black Francis said:

Lies. Look at his track record the last 14 years. He’ll play anybody in the regular season. **** dude. Look up the history. It’s out there for you. I’ll break down all of them for you. Look at the history of his out of conference schedule in his tenure at Alabama. You’re either a lying troll or your stupid. He’s played big time programs on the regular. It’s not his fault that Alabama made them suck. He’s been that great and EVERY big time program that he’s played has mostly lost save for OSU and Clemson who he beat Clemson in the regular season and twice in the playoffs. Do the research. Saban is scared of nobody. He can’t get these programs to play Alabama in the regular season anymore. 

I read it as him saying Saban coaches to win every game they play no matter who the opponent is lol