Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
falconizer123

CAM to IR

56 posts in this topic

That's too bad.  I was looking forward to him returning and dragging the Pantloads down with his barely average skills.   

16 minutes ago, Geneaut said:

I'm wondering if this could be the end, and I'm not sure I like that idea. Life is more interesting with Cam in it.

Hope not but hard to see him being the guy he once was.  Not a fan of his but the man is a competitor and feared during his best days (except when fumbling in SB).  

Halcon-1, Knight of God and Geneaut like this

I told my friends around here that are Panther fans that he'd have a short career. Looking like I was right. The guy just doesn't protect his body. Going head to head with NFL LB's and DLmen has it's consequences.

26 minutes ago, falconfanEST1989 said:

Or trade him to the bears....!!      Could get a 4th or 3rd and cap relief 

They’ll get cap relief regardless. Major cap relief. But that wouldn’t be a bad move cause Mitch ain’t it

He's been in bad shape the last couple of years. He's almost a shell of the player he used to be. That's sad, but the game eats and chews out running QB's quickly. 

This injury along with Kyle Allen’s play has worked out great for them. If they get rid of him as we’re guessing, they can build off of an extremely cheap qb deal for a few years and make a realistic chase towards a championship. They have a dream scenario a lot of Atlanta fans wish they had

FalconJim likes this

2 hours ago, FalconAge said:

I think he should probably pull a Luck if he wants be able to walk/breath without pain at 50.

I truly believe that's what Cam is doing. It will be a wonderful thing. 

Yeah, the lis franc injury could do him in ---- especially, if it isn't treated properly!  But supposedly, he went to one of the best foot doctors available, so, who knows, he may come back from it....but, probably with another team, since they seem to be doing just fine (or maybe better) without him --- 

2 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

I told my friends around here that are Panther fans that he'd have a short career. Looking like I was right. The guy just doesn't protect his body. Going head to head with NFL LB's and DLmen has it's consequences.

It's not his fault the NFL allows defensive players to Knock him constantly. It all started with the broncos and those dirty cheap shots in 2016. He got hit so much that year , and most of them should have penalized. The hits were just ugly regardless if he is a nfc south rival 

#55 likes this

Dang. . . I hate this for Cam. I really like Cam as a person and as a pro football player. This may be the writing on the wall, though, team-wise AND career-wise. 

Knight of God likes this

45 minutes ago, caponine said:

It's not his fault the NFL allows defensive players to Knock him constantly. It all started with the broncos and those dirty cheap shots in 2016. He got hit so much that year , and most of them should have penalized. The hits were just ugly regardless if he is a nfc south rival 

LOL, C’mon Capo, you mean Superman, all up in your face Newton,  is a victim? 

His attitude was so humble that there’s just no way in hail that anyone would want to bust him in the mouth right?  //purple

He did unnecessarily take on a lot of defenders in his day.

I imagine running QB’s & their coaching staffs are living under the reality that there is an increased risk of injury. Unfortunately, Cam spent a good portion of his career not protecting his body as well as he should have imo. Especially in his early years.

Eventually, even Superman Cam wasn’t invincible after all.  

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

He's been in bad shape the last couple of years. He's almost a shell of the player he used to be. That's sad, but the game eats and chews out running QB's quickly. 

But I was told we needed a mobile QB so that we could avoid pressure. Ryan takes too many sacks. 

rings639 likes this

3 hours ago, Jesus said:

Especially QB's who could overthrow Vladimir Putin single-handedly.

MoFalconsFan56 likes this