Falcons Fan MVP

Can the Falcons be legit super bowl contenders in 2020?

88 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

That's crazy. 

Defense has to built from scratch. Four or five players to build from and an obsolete scheme. Looks like a long way back from terrible. Love to be wrong.

Fool me once, shame on you! Fool me twice, shame on me! There won’t be a 2020 fool my azzz again! 

A ver, very, hard... I don’t think so! 

I can't see being a contender in 2020:

• Likely changes in the front office
  • Probable new head coach
  • New coordinators
  • New schemes
  • No pass rushers
  • One LB
  • Inviting secondary
  • OL is still a sieve
  • RB room looks bleak
  • TE a free agent
  • Got a Younghoe kicking
  • First ever negative cap table
  • With 41 players under contract. Mostly scrubs
  • Stout NFC
  • Lookin up in the division

I think 2020 will be a recoiling, revamping, resetting, restocking, retooling, rebuilding year.

putnam6 likes this

I'd like to think so, but just not sure at this point.  I suppose, it will depend on who we draft and acquire in FA this off-season.  Also, whether Quinn, TD and our current group of coaches and scouts stays, or not!  Already looking forward to next season, though ---   

Edited by FalconJim

Did anyone really think the 49ers were legit SB contenders before the season started?

It can happen that quickly, but the folks in the swanky offices in flowery branch need to do their jobs.

ya_boi_j likes this

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Did anyone really think the 49ers were legit SB contenders before the season started?

It can happen that quickly, but the folks in the swanky offices in flowery branch need to do their jobs.

I dam sho didn’t. I knew they upgraded that defense but didn’t and still don’t see any improvements on offense at the skill positions but they’re making it work

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

I dam sho didn’t. I knew they upgraded that defense but didn’t and still don’t see any improvements on offense at the skill positions but they’re making it work

Right?

Baldy had a nice breakdown on their running game on NFL network this morning.  Shanahan is just so creative and his schemes and personnel pairings are just >>>

I miss him :( 

ya_boi_j likes this

Will say what I said in the duplicate thread.  Did anyone actually buy into San Francisco 49ers SB hype prior to this season?  It can absolutely happen that quickly, but the brain trust at the top down to the coaching has to be on point.

Went from 4-12 and 2nd overall pick in the draft to the last undefeated team in 1 offseason.

2 minutes ago, athell said:

Will say what I said in the duplicate thread.  Did anyone actually buy into San Francisco 49ers SB hype prior to this season?  It can absolutely happen that quickly, but the brain trust at the top down to the coaching has to be on point.

Went from 4-12 and 2nd overall pick in the draft to the last undefeated team in 1 offseason.

Just on paper the 49ers have a ton of talent. Especially on defense.

Yeah, i thought they had a shot at their division at least. Playoffs yes. Not sure they had much SB hype.

athell likes this

Just now, HouseofEuphoria said:

Yeah, i thought they had a shot at their division at least. Playoffs yes. Not sure they had much SB hype.

On paper, we do too...

Just now, HouseofEuphoria said:

Take away Neal, J.J. Wilcox, Poole and Alford....now what we got?

Matt, Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hoop, Free, Mack, Jake, Lindstrom, Grady, Debo, Allen, Tru, etc...

That's the thing, we have talent...maybe not so much as they do on the defensive side but our talent blows theirs away on the offensive side.  It's not like we have a roster that is in dire straights...there are some pieces there to work with, just need a good draft and free agency to round the roster out and coaches to pull it out of them.

I thought losing Poole was going to hurt more than people were letting on...miss that guy.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

1 hour ago, PokerSteve said:

Defense has to built from scratch. Four or five players to build from and an obsolete scheme. Looks like a long way back from terrible. Love to be wrong.

5 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

i predicted 49ers at Falcons NFC championship game this season. Now it looks like 49ers vs Saints NFC championship game 

1 minute ago, athell said:

Matt, Julio, Ridley, Sanu, Hoop, Free, Mack, Jake, Lindstrom, Grady, Debo, Allen, Tru, etc...

That's the thing, we have talent...maybe not so much as they do on the defensive side but our talent blows theirs away on the offensive side.  It's not like we have a roster that is in dire straights...there are some pieces there to work with, just need a good draft and free agency to round the roster out and coaches to pull it out of them.

I thought losing Poole was going to hurt more than people were letting on...miss that guy.

I think our offense will explode next year and be very good. Lindstrom and McGrary need a year to gel.

athell likes this

Just now, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I think our offense will explode next year and be very good. Lindstrom and McGrary need a year to gel.

I hope.  I just want a defense man.  Seeing San Fran dominant defensively and seeing all the options that opens up for their offense has me crazy jealous.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

Just now, athell said:

I was mainly talking defense, but i agree with you on Poole.

I noticed during the Debo highlight vid that the first guys to celebrate with him every play were Alford and Poole.

I wonder if the team released his 'boys' and then gave him that contract like an apology. 

Definitely miss Poole.

athell likes this

2 minutes ago, HouseofEuphoria said:

I was mainly talking defense, but i agree with you on Poole.

I noticed during the Debo highlight vid that the first guys to celebrate with him every play were Alford and Poole.

I wonder if the team released his 'boys' and then gave him that contract like an apology. 

Definitely miss Poole.

Yeah, sorry I was talking the entire roster.  You have me defensively...it's no contest.  It's why I am so bullish on a Chase Young.  Bosa is wreaking havoc out there...we need game changers.

Alf and Poole got bad raps here.  Alf for sure lost a step and wasn't great last year but Poole was always a good slot guy and was kind of a tone setter with his physicality.  I think that is missed for sure.

18 minutes ago, athell said:

The 49ers were coming off a five year rebuild with plenty cap space and draft capital. We are only in the second year of our rebuild with no cap space, in the season yall are saying we could be contenders. OK. 

putnam6 likes this

Just now, athell said:

Yeah, sorry I was talking the entire roster.  You have me defensively...it's no contest.  It's why I am so bullish on a Chase Young.  Bosa is wreaking havoc out there...we need game changers.

Alf and Poole got bad raps here.  Alf for sure lost a step and wasn't great last year but Poole was always a good slot guy and was kind of a tone setter with his physicality.  I think that is missed for sure.

Chase Young for sure. I'm all in, much earlier than usual. Don't mind drafting for need when the solution is so obvious.

But our secondary is going to require some serious brain surgery type sh*z to fix for TD, DQ or whomever inherits this Titanic...

athell likes this