Falcons Fan MVP

Can the Falcons be legit super bowl contenders in 2020?

88 posts in this topic

What do you think the chances are that the Falcons can be legit super bowl contenders by 2020? What do we need to do in the offseason to make this happen?

Well, if we thought that we were a contender this year, then i wouldn´t get my hopes up for the next season. Beside the obviously reconstruction of management the only focus point that i have for the next season is to built up is what we call a "pass rush". A pass rush is a very uncommon phenomena on this team, but since all the other teams have or at least try to have a pass rush, we wont see any improvement in terms of winning numbers on this team. 

As i see it OL needs experience and chemestry, but i also think that we need to add an veteran once again in FA. Hopefully FO gets it right like they did with Mack. 

Edited by Disco
PokerSteve and Falcons Fan MVP like this

I'm gonna go with "Sure, why not?". After attending the 2016 season opener, I would have laughed at you on the way out if you'd told me we were going to the Super Bowl (heck, I would have done the same after the Kansas City pick-2 to start December). And yet, things came together for a run.

I don't think the odds are GREAT. But get in some coaches who can actually utilize our talent and better cover our deficiencies, hit on some high draft picks, and it's not outside the realm of possibility. 

I don't think so.  There are a lot of nice pieces, and I think it's great that we have 2 young OL. The DL is a complete mess.  The secondary is a complete mess. We need a LB or 2.  There is just a lot to fix in one offseason.

PokerSteve and HouseofEuphoria like this

Our roster has too many holes. It would take three years of good drafting and free agency moves to get to a Super Bowl team and by them Ryan will on his last gasp. 

Probably yes if everything goes our way and we nail the coaching staff and draft. I don't think we should be aiming for a 2020 championship run though. Our biggest problem for the last few years has been that we've always thought we were one or two pieces away from being super bowl bound. Personally I think we should be aiming for 2021 - trim the fat and let the young guys take their lumps next season.

PokerSteve likes this

Anything is possible. Desperately need the right HC and DC to even talk seriously about it. This defense is a total wreck. You basically have no worthwhile scheme and about five players to rebuild with. Realistically I think it will be two years before this team finishes above .500 again. Maybe we can at least get back to the play-offs in '23 or '24.

1 minute ago, PokerSteve said:

Anything is possible. Desperately need the right HC and DC to even talk seriously about it. This defense is a total wreck. You basically have no worthwhile scheme and about five players to rebuild with. Realistically I think it will be two years before this team finishes above .500 again. Maybe we can at least get back to the play-offs in '23 or '24.

The offense definitely looked best all year last week with Schaub running it.. Whoever called plays last week needs to this weekend and we'll see what we have on offense 

PokerSteve likes this

1 minute ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

The offense definitely looked best all year last week with Schaub running it.. Whoever called plays last week needs to this weekend and we'll see what we have on offense 

Agree 100%.

Nope. I don't see this team getting the right kind of leadership to get over the hump. I'm more inclined to believe that the Falcons will suck next year too.

I truly believe if AB seriously wants it and is willing to do whatever it takes to getting it done no matter who it may or may not hurt (including himself) IF he hires the RIGHT PEOPLE, have a great draft, pick the right FA's and injuries don't  Decapitate us than we can. The NFL is different these days, injuries happen so often that the whole Complexion of a team and the standings could change at a minutes whim. The F O can start building for next year right now BUT DQ and TD are going to try to save their jobs and reps so we'll win 3 more games which will move us out of a Top 3 high draft pick spot. DQ will stubbornly play his guys instead of giving players like Ollison, Grace, Senar, Larkin, Hageman, TBJ, Gono a chance. (He might find a baller) so it probably won't happen.

24 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

I've been a Falcons fan since the early 90's and the Falcons have never missed the playoffs more than 3 years in a row since I've been a fan.

7 minutes ago, Gold4425 said:

I truly believe if AB seriously wants it and is willing to do whatever it takes to getting it done no matter who it may or may not hurt (including himself) IF he hires the RIGHT PEOPLE, have a great draft, pick the right FA's and injuries don't  Decapitate us than we can. The NFL is different these days, injuries happen so often that the whole Complexion of a team and the standings could change at a minutes whim. The F O can start building for next year right now BUT DQ and TD are going to try to save their jobs and reps so we'll win 3 more games which will move us out of a Top 3 high draft pick spot. DQ will stubbornly play his guys instead of giving players like Ollison, Grace, Senar, Larkin, Hageman, TBJ, Gono a chance. (He might find a baller) so it probably won't happen.

That's why if they are 100 percent sure Dan Quinn isn't coming back next year they should have fired him.

1 minute ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

I've been a Falcons fan since the early 90's and the Falcons have never missed the playoffs more than 3 years in a row since I've been a fan.

From where we're at you may get to see your first 4-year drought.

HouseofEuphoria likes this

25 minutes ago, ⚡Slumerican⚡ said:

24 minutes ago, PokerSteve said:

Agree 100%.

The Seahawks secondary is trash.  

PokerSteve likes this