Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Refried Beans

Favorite Falcons Team

47 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, athell said:

I kid you not when I say I had the MOST confidence in that team than I have ever had as a fan.  I told my friends Atlanta would take care of GB by double digits.  Told them they would take care of Pats by double digits.  It was all going so so well...sigh...

Shanny just got too cute.  That coupled with the litany of just random **** that went against us in that game and we were just doomed.  Hard to separate the 4th quarter of that game with the rest of the season and playoffs but when I do, it just makes me so dang happy.  That Julio 75 td to come out of the half vs GB, that Alford pick 6 against Brady, both are like top 5 highlights for me as a fan all time.

The reason why we lost to the Patriots is because our offensive line was banged up. And Kyle should have called short and safer passes in the 2nd half.

25 minutes ago, Falcons Fan MVP said:

The reason why we lost to the Patriots is because our offensive line was banged up. And Kyle should have called short and safer passes in the 2nd half.

There are many reasons why we lost to the Patriots.  Least of which are our oline and shorter passes in the 2nd half...

thanat0s likes this

Apart from 2012 and 2016, I enjoyed the 2008 season. Mainly because things were on the upturn again after a disastrous year before. We had a franchise QB, which is the hardest part to get.

7 hours ago, athell said:

The irony, huh?  lol

Yeah man... the irony.

We fail because we are too aggressive...

We fail because we are too conservative..

It doesn't seem to matter for us.. there has always been a "too" something.

athell likes this

It would have to be the 80 team for me. No huge weaknesses, great o line and running game Passing game was very good. Defense weren't world beaters but didn't embarrass either. Just a very good all around solid team.

Refried Beans and thanat0s like this

I have less Falcons history than most of you guys - I remember pulling for the 1998 team, but I wasn't really a fan at that point.  So I'll go with 2008 for several reasons, not the least of which is that my son was with that team - hey, it's what turned me into a Falcons fan.  But equally important was the amazing rise from the ashes of the dual Vick/Petrino debacles.  There was an unknown quantity rookie QB, with plenty of people questioning if he had NFL chops.  A new RB who was career back-up.  A new HC with no prior experience at that level, and a whole new coaching staff.  People who predict such things had the Falcons win total in the low single digits.  And we all know what happened after that.

thanat0s likes this

Definitely the 16 team. They way we were trouncing teams especially in the playoffs was fun to watch until late third quarter of that game on

thanat0s likes this

1 minute ago, EZfalcons said:

Definitely the 16 team. They way we were trouncing teams especially in the playoffs was fun to watch until late third quarter of that game on

You know, I still have the entire playoffs on my DVR (and downloaded to my laptop). It's fun to watch them trounce these supposed great teams. While I always stop watching the SB after the 3rd quarter, I still know that the TEAM won that game that day. That team in NE only has the trophy because our head coach threw the players under a bus. 

It's probably a top five most dominant team not to hoist the trophy, with the undefeated NE team and the 85 Bears being two other obvious ones who come to mind. 

10 hours ago, TheUsualStuff said:

Yeah man... the irony.

We fail because we are too aggressive...

We fail because we are too conservative..

It doesn't seem to matter for us.. there has always been a "too" something.

Too true. 

2016 was epic.

1998 was magical.

My favorite though was Vick's first year as a starter.  I remember the team consistently being 3rd and long and thinking, "We're about to get a 1st down".  Vick changed the position.  Then we went into Lambeau and handed GB their first home loss EVER in the playoffs.  That was pretty awesome.

That 1980 team was something.  

I remember the game here vs the Rams, when they were beating us 10-6 late in the 4th.

The Falcons looked done, and faced a 3rd-and-38 in their own territory. 

Bartkowski hit somebody (can't remember who) downfield to set up 4th-and-11.  It still looked bleak. 

Next play, Bart launched a smart bomb toward the goal line,  right into Alfred Jackson's hands.  Touchdown.  

The stadium nearly imploded from all the jumping up and down.  

Falcons 13

Rams  10.  

Refried Beans likes this

'80, '91, '98 & '16

of those four--that '91 team was so fun to watch and i got to go to the wildcard game that year in new orleans--that was crazy good!!!

thanat0s likes this

23 minutes ago, octoslash said:

That 1980 team was something.  

I remember the game here vs the Rams, when they were beating us 10-6 late in the 4th.

The Falcons looked done, and faced a 3rd-and-38 in their own territory. 

Bartkowski hit somebody (can't remember who) downfield to set up 4th-and-11.  It still looked bleak. 

Next play, Bart launched a smart bomb toward the goal line,  right into Alfred Jackson's hands.  Touchdown.  

The stadium nearly imploded from all the jumping up and down.  

Falcons 13

Rams  10.  

Sometimes I miss that old slop bucket that was FulCo. 

Refried Beans likes this

Just now, thanat0s said:

Sometimes I miss that old slop bucket that was FulCo. 

Absolutely.  

I pine for a blue paper cup filled with warm draft Miller, a hotdog from the Truman administration, and flimsy nachos dipped in lukewarm Velveeta.

Seriously, the place did have its charm sometimes.  

thanat0s and Refried Beans like this