Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
EddieK

John Collins suspended 25 games for violating NBA's anti-drug policy

17 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, EddieK said:

Just dumb, supposedly growth hormones.

Wonder what he was taking the for?

Also, I wonder how long he's been taking them?

Well I’m disappointed but I’m not going to judge the young man because it could have been a mistake.  But just like jayu70 mentioned that he should’ve checked with  the team medical staff before taking anything.  

jayu70 and Drew4719 like this

At noon ET, the Hawks released a statement from Travis Schlenk.

“On behalf of the entire Hawks organization, we are disappointed to learn that John put himself in an unfortunate situation and violated the league’s anti-drug policy,” Schlenk said. “We hold ourselves and each of our players to a high standard, and we are committed to supporting John as he learns from this setback and continues to grow as both a player and a person. Head Coach Lloyd Pierce and I have both talked to him and we believe that he is truly remorseful for his actions. We will provide John with support on and off the court while we look forward to his return to the team.”

In the meantime, Collins is set to lose more than $600,000 in salary if the 25-game suspension stands, with the Hawks gaining no salary cap relief.

jayu70 likes this

Gosh dag nab-it! Unbelievable. It really does not seem like him to knowingly do this. Non the less he has to deal with the repercussions.