Prayers Requested

Goober Pyle

On 11/5/2019 at 10:25 AM, Krodwhodat said:

Some things are bigger than football and the saints/falcons rivalry and this is one of them.  Believe me when I say from the bottom of my heart that my families prayers as well as the prayers of the true who dat nation are with you! Good luck and keep your head up.  

Nailed it. Every fan who loves the NFL has an unspoken bond which is way bigger than team rivalries. Prayers and best wishes to your wife as she starts treatment for this. Her attitude and your support will see her through this.

There are countless stories in medical literature where people received way, way worse diagnoses than your wife, but they were way stronger than whatever their ailment was and recovered ~ to the total befuddlement of their doctors! People are walking around who doctors had said would never walk again.

People have been critically injured in car accidents, lain in freezing weather conditions for days with no food, water or warm clothing, but were eventually found and survived. And we're not talking about dozens of cases, but literally hundreds of cases where the deck was stacked against people, but they wouldn't give up. The human will ~ and the desire to survive ~ are two of the strongest forces known. I can see your wife being among those with that kind of fierce determination.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:51 AM, Goober Pyle said:

Hey guys!

I debated with myself to even start this thread. Y'all know me as Goober here on the boards and a few know me in real life. I'm not one to usually share much of what's going on in my personal life...even with those I know off the boards. And the Lord knows the everyone has SOMETHING going on that affects them or their loved ones each day. With that said, even though I don't know many of you on here, I still feel like this is an online home away from home....almost like the bar in "Cheers". I come here many times during each day, checking for new threads and replies in current ones that I follow. To sum up....I feel welcome here. 

My family got some bad news a few weeks ago that I didn't share with anyone. My wife has breast cancer. She found a lump in her left breast on a Sunday night and scheduled an appointment with her OB/GYN the very next day. After ultrasounds, 3D mammograms, and a biopsy, we got the news we dreaded. It wasn't completely unexpected as her mother is a breast cancer survivor, but it was still a bit of a shock. My wife is only 46 and we've been together for for 29 years...married for 24. She is without a doubt my very best friend and my soul mate. 

Now, with that said, it's not all bleak. We caught this very early and we're told that it's the most treatable kind of breast cancer. She goes this Friday to have the port installed and chemo treatments start next week. She will have a total of 6 treatments that take place every 3 weeks. Once the chemo ends, she will have surgery. 

Through all this, she has been an absolute rock. She refuses to get down and has said repeatedly that a positive attitude is a must. She will beat this.

I'm coming to you guys asking for prayers for her and our family. If you don't pray, please send out some good thoughts and vibes our way.  

I'll still be here. Goob's not going anywhere. 

Much love to you all and thanks for being here.....

Prayers have been sent Instant Day Air, thru Archangel Express!

Return note: "Have no fear, for thou art with you....."

Update #2

Shes out of surgery and in the recovery area. I haven’t got to see her yet, but have spoken with the surgeon. She did very well in surgery and the cancer had not spread to the closest lymph nodes,  which is great news. 

They should take me to see her soon. Thanks for the prayers and good wishes, guys. 

Much love to all! 

Goober

I'm coming to you guys asking for prayers for her and our family. If you don't pray, please send out some good thoughts and vibes our way.  

I will be praying for Mrs. Goober.  Now, this is just my personal belief based strictly on my life experiences, but I believe when we have a good thought that is made with love, it is a prayer to God.  All is heard.  The reason Jesus warned us so sternly about bad thoughts and words, again, this is just my opinion , is because it results in a prayer made to the other side. One of the themes throughout scripture is that we should keep our thoughts pure.

My prayers will be made for your family.  (to the good side).  Keep your faith Goober.

BTW.  Thank you for making this thread.  I understand your hesitation but you made a good decision.

Edited by NaGaBoy

We're about 8 weeks ahead of you and to be honest, this sequence was more of a challenge than the chemo but if you got through that, you'll get through this.  Glad to see there was no complication getting the procedure done with Covid around.  They were starting to shut down the hospital the day my wife had hers.  Probably would have been pushed had we not gotten it done then.  

Take care Goober.  She'll need you.

On 11/5/2019 at 8:51 AM, Goober Pyle said:

I will pray for her and for your family.   Stay strong and positive.   I wish you all the best!

I wrote a prayer after we found out about my husband's cancer - and I kept it close and used it often.    I included the serenity prayer at the end of it - and said it every morning and rather often when I needed to.

I'll share it with you and I hope it helps:

God grant me the strength to be his strength,
The capacity to absorb his fears,
The tenderness to be his comfort,
And the shoulder room to bear his tears.

And please help me cry only when I'm alone
Don't ever let him see the fear in my heart,
Let me lean on you so he can lean on me
Help me, God, to do my part!

Amen

Serenity Prayer

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change

The courage to change the things I can

The Wisdom to know the difference

Update #3

We’re home, guys. She did really well last night. The surgeon came by this morning and checked her out, said everything looked great and cut us loose. She’s still got some healing to do and will have her reconstructive surgery in about 4 weeks. 

I can’t thank all of you enough for the prayers, good thoughts, and kind words you’ve sent and posted. Made my heart glad in a troubling time. You guys rock and I love each and every one of you......Mrs. Goober says she appreciates everything y’all have done. Makes me proud to be a part of this family and community. 

Goober

Goober I don’t think we have ever spoken directly on here but I have read your posts for years. I am a believer in Christ and a Pastor in my church. I am also the husband of a wife who has multiple myeloma cancer. 

Cancer is always a shock and we are never fully prepared for that diagnosis and the changes it brings into the lives of the one who has it and those who love them. 

Some things I have learned since she was diagnosed in 2013. First, all the counsel I have given others who have faced this over the years about trusting in your faith in God became very real and personal when she was diagnosed. God is a healer. Trust that and lean on Him to get through this. Always be there for your wife and family. And finally, take care of yourself. Get some rest, eat right and get some time away once in a while. If you don’t have a good church home, now would be a good time to find one despite the virus issues. 

If you would ever like to talk, send me your number. I would be happy to talk and pray with you. 

Goober, Prayers for your family.  I can feel your hardship as I'm going through the same thing with my wife.  She was diagnosed in March with triple negative stage 1 breast cancer.  She has to do 10 rounds of chemo with surgery sometime between them.  She so far has had 1 treatment that made her extremely tired and yes she started losing her hair.  But good news the tumor seems to have shrunk some after just one treatment.  She is 39.  No family history.  Prayers my friend.

Edited by falcon z