Goober Pyle

Prayers Requested

41 posts in this topic

You are correct this is our online dysfunctional family and it's makes perfect sense to reach out. Prayers to you and your lovely wife the great news is they caught it early. Cancer sucks but she can beat this I knew someone who didn't get that good of a diagnosis 20 years later she's running marathons. Also a positive attitude goes a long way tell her to do exactly what the doctors say and you will be with her another 29 years. I will say a extra long prayer for your family tonight.

I understand the shock of getting that news all too well. My wife was diagnosed with multiple myeloma in 2013. What has worked for us is to have a strong prayer life and trust that all things work together for good to those who love the Lord and are called according to his purpose. We have a strong support network of family and friends as well. Take care of her as she is your priority but make sure you take care of yourself as well. She can beat this. 

Goober Pyle and Cole World like this

1 hour ago, Goober Pyle said:

Hey guys!

I debated with myself to even start this thread. Y'all know me as Goober here on the boards and a few know me in real life. I'm not one to usually share much of what's going on in my personal life...even with those I know off the boards. And the Lord knows the everyone has SOMETHING going on that affects them or their loved ones each day. With that said, even though I don't know many of you on here, I still feel like this is an online home away from home....almost like the bar in "Cheers". I come here many times during each day, checking for new threads and replies in current ones that I follow. To sum up....I feel welcome here. 

My family got some bad news a few weeks ago that I didn't share with anyone. My wife has breast cancer. She found a lump in her left breast on a Sunday night and scheduled an appointment with her OB/GYN the very next day. After ultrasounds, 3D mammograms, and a biopsy, we got the news we dreaded. It wasn't completely unexpected as her mother is a breast cancer survivor, but it was still a bit of a shock. My wife is only 46 and we've been together for for 29 years...married for 24. She is without a doubt my very best friend and my soul mate. 

Now, with that said, it's not all bleak. We caught this very early and we're told that it's the most treatable kind of breast cancer. She goes this Friday to have the port installed and chemo treatments start next week. She will have a total of 6 treatments that take place every 3 weeks. Once the chemo ends, she will have surgery. 

Through all this, she has been an absolute rock. She refuses to get down and has said repeatedly that a positive attitude is a must. She will beat this.

I'm coming to you guys asking for prayers for her and our family. If you don't pray, please send out some good thoughts and vibes our way.  

I'll still be here. Goob's not going anywhere. 

Much love to you all and thanks for being here.....

Have you in my prayers, Goob.

Goober Pyle likes this

Some things are bigger than football and the saints/falcons rivalry and this is one of them.  Believe me when I say from the bottom of my heart that my families prayers as well as the prayers of the true who dat nation are with you! Good luck and keep your head up.  

Edited by Krodwhodat
Goober Pyle and PokerSteve like this

Right there with you Goober.  My honey found stage 2, triple negative 3 weeks ago.  It's a ***** of an emotional roller coaster ain't it?  But it's also crazy how networked you are to survivors and just don't know it until you talk about it.  Helps to talk.

Goober Pyle likes this