Jump to content

November 2019 Recruiting Thread


Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

From a political standpoint yes.
 

However I’d say it will connect better with recruits seeing how spirited Kirby is about these guys and the Dawgs. What recruit wouldn’t live to be in there jumping around with Kirby?

would you rather be with saban celebrating or that goofy Mullens

No the jumping around is fine but recruit’s mommas still don’t like that language - everyone knows it goes on in practice but don’t want to see it in press conferences.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where is the Thumbs Down button.

From a 247 article on Wilson: "I did not know what to expect," Wilson said. "I had never met Coach Sam Pittman or even been to Georgia, but my coach said he was a great guy and it was a great atm

Anyone who is offended by someone saying one single cuss word in a passive celebratory way in public has their priorities in life ****** up. It’s not something I would ever apologize for and I fi

4 minutes ago, 95Dawg said:

But mommas probably heard junior already use such language also. 
 

not saying it’s should be condoned but a glimpse into the man and his joy and love of the moment. 
 

how many post win celebrations do you think have no language in college. The mistake was it being captured. 

That is what I said. Fine to cuss but don’t advertise it in formal setting like a news conference.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Rusty said a name he has been hearing is Ladd McConkey.  He plays qb in hs and projects at wr in college.  He is 6-0, 180 lbs and is a 10.8 100 and 4.5 forty guy.  His film looks pretty impressive, but I don't believe his competition is very good, as he plays in north Georgia.  He visited UGA for the Missouri game and does not currently have an offer.  I would imagine UGA would have to miss on at least Smith and Henderson, if not more, before he would get an offer.  

Rusty didn't say who, but he expects and is waiting to confirm, a 2020 committed elsewhere running back is to visit UGA this weekend.

Arian Smith is set to official in December.

2021 OT Amarius Mims will be back on campus this weekend as well.

Z Walker will also be visiting this weekend.

Think McConkey  would be PWO. Wonder if he is related to the old Navy/NY Giants receiver Phil?

Edited by 007dawg
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, g-dawg said:

As much as it was fun for most UGA fans Kirby to say it - probably wasn't wise to do so.    

Anyone who is offended by someone saying one single cuss word in a passive celebratory way in public has their priorities in life ****** up.

It’s not something I would ever apologize for and I find it annoying that Kirby did.

Really interesting to see the difference in reaction between what Oregeron did and what Kirby did though. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Carter said:

Anyone who is offended by someone saying one single cuss word in a passive celebratory way in public has their priorities in life ****** up.

It’s not something I would ever apologize for and I find it annoying that Kirby did.

Really interesting to see the difference in reaction between what Oregeron did and what Kirby did though. 

Difference being no one can understand Ed O

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Carter said:

Anyone who is offended by someone saying one single cuss word in a passive celebratory way in public has their priorities in life ****** up.

It’s not something I would ever apologize for and I find it annoying that Kirby did.

Really interesting to see the difference in reaction between what Oregeron did and what Kirby did though. 

This is not condescending so please don’t take it as such.

How old are you?  I assume you are fairly young - and male.  The younger and obviously males vs female - not everyone sees it like you.  Not every Dawg fan sees it like you.  Not every generation sees it the same. You heard about Kirby’s own wife - also a UGA alum and basketball player - crawled all over him about it.

It’s fine to say “it doesn’t bother me therefore it’s fine” and probably 70% of the fanbase thought Kirby dropping the F word in a press conference was cool or at least didn’t have a problem with it.   Also, Kirby represents more than just the football team - he represents the University of Georgia.

I personally had no issue with it but thought the apology was a good idea and he should refrain from that type of language in press conferences going forward.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

This is not condescending so please don’t take it as such.

How old are you?  I assume you are fairly young - and male.  The younger and obviously males vs female - not everyone sees it like you.  Not every Dawg fan sees it like you.  Not every generation sees it the same. You heard about Kirby’s own wife - also a UGA alum and basketball player - crawled all over him about it.

It’s fine to say “it doesn’t bother me therefore it’s fine” and probably 70% of the fanbase thought Kirby dropping the F word in a press conference was cool or at least didn’t have a problem with it.   Also, Kirby represents more than just the football team - he represents the University of Georgia.

I personally had no issue with it but thought the apology was a good idea and he should refrain from that type of language in press conferences going forward.

Where is the Thumbs Down button.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, g-dawg said:

This is not condescending so please don’t take it as such.

How old are you?  I assume you are fairly young - and male.  The younger and obviously males vs female - not everyone sees it like you.  Not every Dawg fan sees it like you.  Not every generation sees it the same. You heard about Kirby’s own wife - also a UGA alum and basketball player - crawled all over him about it.

It’s fine to say “it doesn’t bother me therefore it’s fine” and probably 70% of the fanbase thought Kirby dropping the F word in a press conference was cool or at least didn’t have a problem with it.   Also, Kirby represents more than just the football team - he represents the University of Georgia.

I personally had no issue with it but thought the apology was a good idea and he should refrain from that type of language in press conferences going forward.

I'm 36. And I get all of that, which just adds to the frustration for me. It's not that I think it was cool or don't have a problem with it... it's that it was completely harmless but there is a double standard, as there always is, for UGA. Way too many have the attitude of eating our own to maintain appearances.

The apology was unnecessary.

We can move on, it really doesn't matter anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'm 36. And I get all of that, which just adds to the frustration for me. It's not that I think it was cool or don't have a problem with it... it's that it was completely harmless but there is a double standard, as there always is, for UGA. Way too many have the attitude of eating our own to maintain appearances.

The apology was unnecessary.

We can move on, it really doesn't matter anyway.

Kirby’s OWN family thought he should apologize.

Kirby has as much juice as anyone.  If he didn’t feel it the right thing to do and didn’t want to apologize  - he wouldn’t have done it.  Who would make him do so? Greg McGarity? McGarity will serve as AD not one more minute than Kirby allows.

Certainly not something worth arguing about but thought it deserved a counterpoint - don’t expect the majority to agree.

Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, Carter said:

I'm 36. And I get all of that, which just adds to the frustration for me. It's not that I think it was cool or don't have a problem with it... it's that it was completely harmless but there is a double standard, as there always is, for UGA. Way too many have the attitude of eating our own to maintain appearances.

The apology was unnecessary.

We can move on, it really doesn't matter anyway.

Now you've gone and done it. You'll need to start your own thread to get through this.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I wasn't offended that he said what he said in the heat of the moment.  He was fired up!  I do however like that he apologized for two reasons. 1. He obviously values his wife's opinion and how she feels. 2. He recognizes he is a role model for the University of Georgia and likewise a lot of kids.  Although take my opinion with a grain of salt, because my oldest girl is almost 10 and thinks the word stupid is a bad word.  She wouldn't even know what he said was wrong because she's never even heard the word before.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Kirby’s OWN family thought he should apologize.

Kirby has as much juice as anyone.  If he didn’t feel it the right thing to do and didn’t want to apologize  - he wouldn’t have done it.  Who would make him do so? Greg McGarity? McGarity will serve as AD not one more minute than Kirby allows.

Certainly not something worth arguing about but thought it deserved a counterpoint - don’t expect the majority to agree.

That's fine. I've disagreed with my own family plenty of times and went against their advice to do what I thought was right. On a related note I'm also divorced lmao

I don't think anyone made him apologize. For reasons already stated he decided he should. It just annoys me that he felt he should. The same way Greg "Free Magnums" McGarity felt he had to apologize for the contract he signed for Ludacris to perform. I don't think McGarity is serving as AD at Kirby's pleasure though. He's not Saban yet.

Ultimately it's not a big deal.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

Of the 5 OL that are committed, in order of being ready to step in and play day 1, if need be, how would that look? 

 Braun

Broderick Jones

Ratledge

SVP 

Lindberg 

Jones

Ratledge

SVP

Braun

Lindberg

That’s just my opinion based on evaluations I’ve read. I think the top 3 could play if need be.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...