November 2019 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where is the Thumbs Down button.

From a 247 article on Wilson: "I did not know what to expect," Wilson said. "I had never met Coach Sam Pittman or even been to Georgia, but my coach said he was a great guy and it was a great atm

Anyone who is offended by someone saying one single cuss word in a passive celebratory way in public has their priorities in life ****** up. It’s not something I would ever apologize for and I fi

2 hours ago, g-dawg said:

You have to wonder if UGA is even 2nd for Theo at this point.   There has been no buzz around him lately for UGA, no fire/ice nor LeBron/Wade tweets, either.

The Iowa location being closer and their success developing TEs and getting them to the league - UGA could be in 3rd/4th place.

Certainly is possible. Distance could be a factor. Despite our national profile and consistent contention for titles, 3 of his final 4 are a whole lot closer to home than we are. That’s not a factor for a lot of recruits, but if it is at all it tends to become a big one.

1 hour ago, richham said:

While I agree we haven't had any really talented pass catching TE's on the team, it's also just as relevant that we don't use our TE's or develop them given your point. Eli Wolf has proven more than capable of catching the football yet in the last 4 games including the South Carolina game our TE's have caught 4 total passes.  So basically one pass to the TE a game.  Again, why would any TE with the ability to catch the football come to UGA?  I am a UGA alum, and I love my Dawgs, but the truth hurts sometimes.  Not trying to argue with anyone.  Just my feelings at this point.  We can agree to disagree.

For the record I would love to see this change, it would be a huge asset to our team this year given the lack of experience with our WR's.

I think the fact of the matter is we have an offensive system that provides a lot of opportunities for the TE to get on the field. It’s not always about stats, a whole lot more than a catch happens on a passing play and a whole lot more than a RB gaining yards happens on running plays. If you’re a TE and you come to UGA there is a high chance that you will play - and play a lot.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

I think the fact of the matter is we have an offensive system that provides a lot of opportunities for the TE to get on the field. It’s not always about stats, a whole lot more than a catch happens on a passing play and a whole lot more than a RB gaining yards happens on running plays. If you’re a TE and you come to UGA there is a high chance that you will play - and play a lot.

Recruiting Pitch:   "Hey come to UGA, we will let you get on the field."  :ninja:

4 hours ago, g-dawg said:

You have to wonder if UGA is even 2nd for Theo at this point.   There has been no buzz around him lately for UGA, no fire/ice nor LeBron/Wade tweets, either.

The Iowa location being closer and their success developing TEs and getting them to the league - UGA could be in 3rd/4th place.

Its actually rumored that Iowa is not even in the picture by a guy that has a connection up at Penn State on a different Georgia board. He said that he postponed because he's having a hard time choosing between 3 schools.

Rumor is that Theo Johnson is having a hard time deciding between the production at PSU (Freiermuth is having a big season), the total team picture at UGA, or the family feel of Michigan. It would be very surprising to see him go Iowa...

From the way it sounds, he would have been committing to Penn State if he didn't postpone. 

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

Recruiting Pitch:   "Hey come to UGA, we will let you get on the field."  :ninja:

Gotta be on the field to catch any passes. ^_^

We only had Seither choose us over Bama like 9 months ago and have Washington predicted to us over Bama and many others by almost everyone. Doesn’t seem to be a hard pitch to sell.

1 hour ago, Carter said:

Gotta be on the field to catch any passes. ^_^

We only had Seither choose us over Bama like 9 months ago and have Washington predicted to us over Bama and many others by almost everyone. Doesn’t seem to be a hard pitch to sell.

Obviously I hope you are right.  Good news is Hartley has a track record at Miami and is liked.

As long as we get Washington we are fine - but it’s a chicken and egg scenario until we get that FIRST weapon at Tight End.   We are the supposed favorites (silent?) for DW, but until he's signed - he AIN'T.

So_Fl Dawg post today on TOS:

"As BPA available yes on Evans. I do believe Stroud is that #1 choice now. The second QB is being prioritized but I think it’s Stroud or bust there.

I posted in this thread a few days ago on the scenarios.

I think we close with Ringo, Sewell, Burch, Walker, Washington, Henderson/TJ, A. Smith. 1 spot for BPA with a BS for Zirkel to make the numbers work.

BPA: Stroud, Evans, Manning, other RBs, other secondary players, etc. Evans still is a strong candidate because the initial reasons he chose us still exist. Stroud is still an OSU lean and they will be difficult to overcome. Manning has options and I don’t think we lead here today."

Rusty said a name he has been hearing is Ladd McConkey.  He plays qb in hs and projects at wr in college.  He is 6-0, 180 lbs and is a 10.8 100 and 4.5 forty guy.  His film looks pretty impressive, but I don't believe his competition is very good, as he plays in north Georgia.  He visited UGA for the Missouri game and does not currently have an offer.  I would imagine UGA would have to miss on at least Smith and Henderson, if not more, before he would get an offer.  

Rusty didn't say who, but he expects and is waiting to confirm, a 2020 committed elsewhere running back is to visit UGA this weekend.

Arian Smith is set to official in December.

2021 OT Amarius Mims will be back on campus this weekend as well.

Z Walker will also be visiting this weekend.

Edited by Turkeydawg

Theo Johnson update:

This weekend, Michigan was the final school to host tight end Theo Johnson on an official visit. The four-star had originally planned to announce his decision the very next day, Nov. 18, but now will sit back and consider how this latest visit factors into his overall recruiting process.

“I am still trying to process it,” Johnson acknowledged. “I literally got home about an hour ago, so I haven’t talked to my mom about it or my brother about it. It was a real good visit, though, and I did enjoy myself.

“The biggest thing for me is, I really bonded with Erick (All) this weekend and I really got along with Braiden McGregor and Blake (Corum) and Roman (Wilson). I just got along really well with all those guys. They’re really good people and I just really enjoyed myself. That’s one big thing I’m taking away is all the people I was with are really good people.”

Michigan tight ends coach Sherrone Moore was another individual Johnson cited as spending quality time with during the weekend. Michigan’s offense was a particular point of interest for Johnson coming into the season with new coordinator Josh Gattis at the helm. After an unofficial visit in October and now this weekend’s official visit, Johnson has a better feel for what the Wolverines are trying to do offensively and how he might fit.

“I think the offense, as a whole, fits me,” Johnson said. “I talked with coach Gattis about this today: you can change the offense, but if you don’t have the personnel to do that type of offense it’s not going to just magically work the way it can.

“The thing with Michigan is they have a lot of bigger guys and they never really ran the type of offense coach Gattis has brought to Michigan. That’s why, he was saying to me, I am important to this class, as well as a lot of the other guys they have coming in in the ’20 class.”

Besides Michigan, Johnson’s other finalists are Georgia, Iowa and Penn State. One factor that makes Michigan unique among those finalists is their close proximity to his Windsor, Ont., home.

“I had never really given that a ton of thought, but I have been starting to think about it,” Johnson said. “There are pros and cons, but one thing me and my mom have talked about is in my city everybody loves Michigan. One thing my mom is particularly worried about is everybody continually hitting me up for tickets.

“Obviously everybody gets homesick, so a pro would be going through camp – and fall camp is super tough – it would be good to go home or have them come to me and just go out for dinner. It’s good to have your family close and be able to come to all the home games. I haven’t figured out how I feel about it yet, but it has its up sides and down sides.”

With all of his fall visits now complete, Johnson will settle into decision mode. Although he will no longer announce on Monday, Nov. 18, he is considering wrapping up this recruitment well before the December Signing Period.

“I was talking with a few people at Michigan and they were saying, ‘it’s your time, don’t rush things,’” Johnson said. “But, they were also saying I highly recommend that your drop-dead date should be Dec. 1, because after that coaches can call you unlimited and they’ll be showing up to your school and trying to do house visits every week.

“I kind of have been thinking about that too because it just sounds like a living ****. So, I think I am going to try to get it done before December, but I don’t really know how it’s going to work out.”

3 hours ago, Carter said:

They really got on Kirby for saying how bout them ******* Dawgs. :rolleyes: I bet it was McGarity who told him he needs to apologize. That idiot took it upon himself to apologize for getting Ludacris condoms as part of the rider for him performing at G Day a while back. :rolleyes:

As much as it was fun for most UGA fans Kirby to say it - probably wasn't wise to do so.    

13 minutes ago, g-dawg said:

As much as it was fun for most UGA fans Kirby to say it - probably wasn't wise to do so.    

From a political standpoint yes.

However I’d say it will connect better with recruits seeing how spirited Kirby is about these guys and the Dawgs. What recruit wouldn’t live to be in there jumping around with Kirby?

would you rather be with saban celebrating or that goofy Mullens