November 2019 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Where is the Thumbs Down button.

From a 247 article on Wilson: "I did not know what to expect," Wilson said. "I had never met Coach Sam Pittman or even been to Georgia, but my coach said he was a great guy and it was a great atm

Anyone who is offended by someone saying one single cuss word in a passive celebratory way in public has their priorities in life ****** up. It’s not something I would ever apologize for and I fi

2 minutes ago, VA F.O. said:

They accepted a commitment from a 2023 kid?

When 2021 kids are being told to wait so we can evaluate them more?

WTH?

Makes me wonder if the kid consulted the staff first and if they were just unable to get him to wait if he did 

probably a low risk / high reward move for UGA if they were down w/ him committing.   If the kid turns out special, then Dawgs at least have a lead on the competition - if he turns out a bust or not worthy of a spot - just gets processed at some point and won't feel the love.

1 hour ago, g-dawg said:

probably a low risk / high reward move for UGA if they were down w/ him committing.   If the kid turns out special, then Dawgs at least have a lead on the competition - if he turns out a bust or not worthy of a spot - just gets processed at some point and won't feel the love.

I would agree here.

29 minutes ago, 007dawg said:

With regards to rb at UGA, we have a few walk-on rbs who would not embarrass themselves if they played , Clark, Sumey and Jackson.    So, if we only go with 1 rb for 2020, then we would still have some depth.

We should be fine there, with Zeus, Cook, KMac and Milton.  I do not like the idea of using Wren at rb.  We need him at wr and punt return.

1 hour ago, Turkeydawg said:

We should be fine there, with Zeus, Cook, KMac and Milton.  I do not like the idea of using Wren at rb.  We need him at wr and punt return.

Obviously it would be nice to have another RB in the stable, but I feel like that spot would just be much better used elsewhere if we can't get a stud. Of all schools, why would UGA settle at this position?

6 hours ago, Turkeydawg said:

if they are concerned with gibb's size no way is wren a real option at rb.. i think that was some bad info posted on a uga board today by the staffs.. i dont' see that at all. 

Quick article about Theo Johnson’s postponement from Josh Helmholdt at Rivals...

Four-star Canadian tight end Theo Johnsonwas scheduled to announce his commitment next Monday, Nov. 18. With that expected decision just days away, though, Johnson has determined that he will postpone the Nov. 18 announcement date and take his recruitment later into the process.

THE LATEST

GeorgiaIowaMichigan and Penn State are the final four schools remaining for Johnson. He has made official or unofficial visits to each of those four schools this season, and is scheduled to take his final; official visit to Michigan this upcoming weekend. Johnson confirmed that official visit to Ann Arbor will still take place, but it will no longer be followed immediately by a decision on that Monday after he returns.

IN HIS WORDS

“At the time when I announced my date I had a pretty good idea. I wasn’t actually sure (of the choice), but I thought I’d be able to make my decision in the time I had. 

“Just this past Saturday me and my mom sat down and talked. We had a long talk and I left that conversation a lot more confused than I was going in. 

“I’m just trying to clear my mind, and after a week try to go back to the decision and see how I’m feeling. I’ll see where it goes from there.”

RIVALS’ REACTION

This postponement, in my estimation, hurts Penn State the most. Theo did not tell me which school he was leaning towards, nor has he ever shared those sentiments with me in the past. My take for the past several months, however, has been that Penn State is the team to beat. If that is accurate, then Theo postponing his decision is the news Nittany Lions fans do not want to hear. Theo did not share the specific revelations he came to that cast doubt on his choice, but this picture is much murkier than it was before and all four schools still in contention have to feel some measure of hope.

10 minutes ago, richham said:

I hate to say this but why in the world would any TE with serious pass catching ability want to come play for UGA.  The days of Randy McMichael, Leonard Pope and Ben Watson are long gone.

You have to have quality TEs to throw to. The fact is Nuata was a better blocker than he was a pass catcher and that can be said of most of our TEs

36 minutes ago, Bdawg58 said:

You have to have quality TEs to throw to. The fact is Nuata was a better blocker than he was a pass catcher and that can be said of most of our TEs

While I agree we haven't had any really talented pass catching TE's on the team, it's also just as relevant that we don't use our TE's or develop them given your point. Eli Wolf has proven more than capable of catching the football yet in the last 4 games including the South Carolina game our TE's have caught 4 total passes.  So basically one pass to the TE a game.  Again, why would any TE with the ability to catch the football come to UGA?  I am a UGA alum, and I love my Dawgs, but the truth hurts sometimes.  Not trying to argue with anyone.  Just my feelings at this point.  We can agree to disagree.

For the record I would love to see this change, it would be a huge asset to our team this year given the lack of experience with our WR's.

Edited by richham

Kind of what I don’t worry too much about how high level of a te we get, if u have a decent scheme te will be open talent doesn’t have to be that crazy, eli was a 3*.. granted someone like Gilbert give u a big advantage there but we thought Nauta would be a superstar, and Woerner would have a breakout season this year as well..