Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GABLACKBIRD

Matt Bryant RING OF HONOR???

I am still concerned about how they released him first earlier this year and then again this past week.  It is almost like the front office (owner? coach?) disliked him in reality and only brought him back to satisfy fans and desperation.

I am not saying he should have had a big parade for him after each release but there was almost no announcement in either case much less any recognition given for his accomplishments as a Falcon.

As a fan, I see the many FG's and PAT's he made for so many years with high regard but cannot speak for the other side.

2 hours ago, jlrfalcon said:

I am still concerned about how they released him first earlier this year and then again this past week.  It is almost like the front office (owner? coach?) disliked him in reality and only brought him back to satisfy fans and desperation.

I am not saying he should have had a big parade for him after each release but there was almost no announcement in either case much less any recognition given for his accomplishments as a Falcon.

As a fan, I see the many FG's and PAT's he made for so many years with high regard but cannot speak for the other side.

I dunno if I believe someone disliked him in reality. I think the decision to move on from him was a good one, and his wife's social media reaction helped make it really awkward. Matt himself seemed to refuse to believe it was time so it was sort of hard to make it a big deal to laud his accomplishments.

Now bringing him back was an desperate act as you noted.

In an ideal world had he decided to retire instead of forcing us to release him... had his wife not gone to social media to complain and make the organization look bad; the whole thing would have gone down better. It really should have, but the Falcons decision was completely understandable and camp Bryant tried to make it seem it wasn't.

1 hour ago, TheUsualStuff said:

I dunno if I believe someone disliked him in reality. I think the decision to move on from him was a good one, and his wife's social media reaction helped make it really awkward. Matt himself seemed to refuse to believe it was time so it was sort of hard to make it a big deal to laud his accomplishments.

Now bringing him back was an desperate act as you noted.

In an ideal world had he decided to retire instead of forcing us to release him... had his wife not gone to social media to complain and make the organization look bad; the whole thing would have gone down better. It really should have, but the Falcons decision was completely understandable and camp Bryant tried to make it seem it wasn't.

100% this.

Bryant was huge for this team for a long time, but the past doesn't win you games today & the reality is that over the last year or two he was getting leg injuries a little too frequently. Factor in his age on top of the injuries & it seems like a no-brainer that the team needed to start thinking of life after Money Matt. As it turns out, they were right to move on. He is done. The only thing they did wrong was assume Georgio was absolutely the guy moving forward.