Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1969

1-2 Win teams and who they play the rest of the season (pick scenarios)

91 posts in this topic

2 minutes ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

As bad as we are,I can't imagine ending up worse than Miami, Cincy, and the NY Blimps. Cleveland is looking pretty dang rough too.

Bengals 0-8 

(Ravens, @Raiders, Steelers, Jets, @Browns, Pats, @Dolphins, Browns)

Dolphins 1-7

(@Colts, Bills, @Browns, Eagles, @Jets, @Giants, Bengals, @Pats)

You see who they play compared to who we play right? The Bengals and Browns play each other twice still. Somebody has to win. The dolphins still play the winless Bengals, the Browns, Jets and Giants.

Just now, Embrace the suck said:

Hope we get blown out by 40 points each game. Need the high picks to trade and turn this sorry ace franchise around. We could package a high 2nd and the pats pick for D.Swift. We could pick Young with our top 3 pick or even the LSU QB (burrow). That means we can trade several players and have room to maneuver. Its time to bench some vets and see what we have in the following players:

Grace, Qadree, Jordan Miller, and Matt Gono. 

Straight up. **** the moral victories, I want to see some dynamic players on the field. I'm sick of seeing us acquire budget savvy players year after year, I want some rookies that will break the bank by the end of their rookie contract

Osiruz likes this

Just now, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Bengals 0-8 

(Ravens, @Raiders, Steelers, Jets, @Browns, Pats, @Dolphins, Browns)

Dolphins 1-7

(@Colts, Bills, @Browns, Eagles, @Jets, @Giants, Bengals, @Pats)

You see who they play compared to who we play right? The Bengals and Browns play each other twice still. Somebody has to win. The dolphins still play the winless Bengals, the Browns, Jets and Giants.

We could potentially play 5 games against playoff opponents if Carolina makes it to the playoffs. San Fran and New Orleans will demolish us, and honestly, I think Kyle Allen and CMC will rip us apart. I COULD see us splitting the Panthers still.

Our only chances of wins are the two games against Tampa and the one game against Jax. We could Falcon it up and win those last few games, though.

10 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Oh yeah, it's gonna be a slaughter. I'll tune in and watch it like a bad movie tho.

We finish 3-13 at best. We're not sweeping any of our division opponents and we'd be lucky to beat Jax.

Calias Campbell could rip through the oline like tinfoil.

Osiruz likes this

18 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

Straight up. **** the moral victories, I want to see some dynamic players on the field. I'm sick of seeing us acquire budget savvy players year after year, I want some rookies that will break the bank by the end of their rookie contract

Yepp learned from last year with that chump ace mentality. Could have had both Josh Allen/Qwilliams and took McGary without a trade up.  

2 minutes ago, Embrace the suck said:

Yepp learned from last year with that chump ace mentality. Could have had both Josh Allen/Qwilliams and took McGary without a trade up.  

I'm still hoping McGary and Lindstrom pan out. We desperately need them to be at least average if we want to have a chance in 2020.

Schwarzwald, Cole World and Vandy like this

18 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

I'm still hoping McGary and Lindstrom pan out. We desperately need them to be at least average if we want to have a chance in 2020.

They have as good a shot moving forward as any other rookies. 

McGary was going to Pats anyway. Trade up would’ve still happened if Falcons wanted their guy.

Falcons would never lose on purpose on the field.

That said, sure it’s fine and good to have a higher draft pick.

Expecting that is another matter.

Lamenting any “wins” after being eliminated as a “mistake” is a fallacy in of itself if you are a reasonable person, IMO.

Sure, we want higher draft picks to bolster the future roster. Hence this thread.

Beyond that is kinda weird to complain a win should have been intentionally a loss.

Nothing more; nothing less.

:shrug:

1 minute ago, Ergo Proxy said:

They have as good a shot moving forward as any other rookies. 

McGary was going to Pats anyway. Trade up would’ve still happened.

Falcons would never lose on purpose on the field.

That said, sure it’s fine and good to have a higher draft pick.

Expecting that is another matter.

Lamenting any “wins” after being eliminated as a “mistake” is a fallacy in of itself if you are a reasonable person, IMO.

Sure, we want higher draft picks to bolster the future roster. Hence this thread.

Beyond that is kinda weird to complain a win should have been intentionally a loss.

I need Lindstrom to get back and get some reps in before the season ends. I figured both rookies would go through the meat grinder their first year, so them not immediately becoming impact players wasn't really a surprise. People acted shocked that McGary got his **** beat in by Watt, like really?? What did you expect?

Schwarzwald and Vandy like this

19 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Another tanking thread? Jeez. You were a fan before me. Can't believe you want to see us roll over for the Panties, Sucs and Aints. I think we'll finish with at least five wins. Probably picking in the 6-8 range. The draft is no saviour. Yall wanted to tank for Quinnen last year and he's on pace for 3 sacks and 4 TFLs.

Five wins lol...Jesus... Not another win coming.

ChickenBiscuit likes this

1 hour ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

A early preview of our 2020 opponents:

@ Vikings and their D

@ Packers and their improve D

vs Khalil Mack and the Bears

vs Von Miller, Bradley Chubb and the Broncos

@ Chiefs more so their O

@ Chargers against Bosa and Ingram

6 hours ago, jfalconsp said:

Yep. I was hoping the Redskins would pull off a win yesterday.

Me too I was following them and the jets closely but it didn’t work out Well at all

On 11/3/2019 at 5:36 PM, mjqvi said:

I'd like to see us lock up a top 5 pick with this wasted year to maximize the talent potential of our first few picks to make the best of a bad situation. However, I look at this team and it is stacked with talent which is what makes 2019 so frustrating. O-lines just do not come together that quickly especially with 2 rookies but crazy potential for next season for Ryan to have a first round wall in front of him with first round wide receivers. We have to move on from Freeman, it just isn't there any more. I wouldn't be opposed for using both two's to get back into the first round and get a beast of a first round running back. 

The issue that I see more than anything is a lack of alpha leadership in the locker room. Quinn has sucked this year but he just doesn't have that guy in his defense like he had in Seattle. Whatever money we have we need to go get a grizzled loud mouth in your face leader. 

This is going to be such an interesting off season if we get into the top 5. Draft a young QB and sit a year then trade Ryan down the line for more picks? Trade out of the top 5 for a boatload of picks and kick back open the Superbowl window? 

Only way we trade back is if chase young is off the board. We’re not taking a qb in the first round

On 11/3/2019 at 6:43 PM, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And look how things turned out this year.

Just goes to show any wins will mean absolutely nothing.

Everyone is still getting fired. People are still getting cut.

Falcons will still have no cap space.

The Falcons need every pick they can get and picking higher in every round would not hurt

You're trying to reason with someone who is brainlocked by a concept that doesn't apply to the real world and is totally irrelevant when being discussed in here. Dan Quinn isn't going to tank, and nobody in TATF can possibly tank even one second of even one Falcons game. FACT.