Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1969

1-2 Win teams and who they play the rest of the season (pick scenarios)

91 posts in this topic

I'm no tanker, but at this point, I do expect a top 3 pick. I just don't see how you could sit through these first 8 games and expect the Falcons to win any more than 1 or 2 more games. 

HouseofEuphoria likes this

12 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Another tanking thread? Jeez. You were a fan before me. Can't believe you want to see us roll over for the Panties, Sucs and Aints. I think we'll finish with at least five wins. Probably picking in the 6-8 range. The draft is no saviour. Yall wanted to tank for Quinnen last year and he's on pace for 3 sacks and 4 TFLs.

What happened to all those tanker boys claiming Miami was tanking? 

10 hours ago, FalconAge said:

The higher you go in the draft the better the historical success rate for just about every position. Realize you are hoping for meaningless wins, and justifying it just because no prospect under the sun is a sure thing.

Look at where Danielle Hunter was selected, and tell me how other third round defensive ends compare historically to those who were chosen at the top of the first round.

By your thought pattern, a higher pick should still be more desirable than a lower pick because you can always trade down and amass more picks, meaning you have more opportunities to hit on a draft pick.

And criticizing Quinnen for not dominating as a rookie is still absurd because you don't lose your draft pick after their rookie season, and they are there as a foundation to build on for the years after.

We are in no way expecting this team to get anywhere near close to a Superbowl even if our draft knocks it out of the park, given how many holes we have, a brand new head coach, and likely a brand new system on offense and defense.

Having the one of the first few picks in any sort of sports draft is desirable to the point of being self-evident. It's hard believe I'm having to waste digital ink defending it....

No.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

What happened to all those tanker boys claiming Miami was tanking? 

They claimed the Suck for Luck Colts tanked too. They didn't. Started out 0-13. Finished 2-1.

Vandy likes this

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They claimed the Suck for Luck Colts tanked too. They didn't. Started out 0-13. Finished 2-1.

Only you brought up tanking, everyone else was talking about how the Falcons will realistically finish the season.

Think we found the real "tAnKeR bOy" who is upset they might win another game or 2, or maybe you just fall into that last category.

Osiruz likes this

13 hours ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

And there’s the rub.

Tanking insinuates that a team is better than that but choose to lose.

This is not the Falcons.  They will not choose to lose they will fight.  They’ve been doing this the whole time.

But with Quinn game planning and calling the defense they have one of the worst defenses in the league.  

There is a very real chance they may win 3 games total this year.

If I wasn't so late to this thread, this is exactly what I would have said. Last year, tanking would have been keeping Debo out and not signing Irvin midseason. This year, it doesn't matter. They have a VERY hard slate the rest of the way and have plssed their legs versus teams like the Titans and Cardinals. They don't have to tank. They had a bye week to breathe and it's back to our regularly scheduled programming on Sunday for the rest of the year. 3 wins is definitely the ceiling. Split the Bucs games and maybe one other fluke win. But I have no confidence this team can even try and win more than 5 games. 

I would rather they tank. Last year I was relieved when they beat the Bucs/Panthers because that would've signaled that we were a very very bad team going into this year. This year, I know we are just very bad. 

Players/coaches don't tank though as much as I'd love to see Matt/Julio/Grady shut down. Thankfully our schedule is incredibly tough. 3-13 at best, this season is gonna do damage to some of our stars legacies.

As for the players/coaches losing their jobs.. sucks to suck. :sadwave:

Edited by HEIST
Osiruz likes this

4 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yep like Abe, Rison, TonyG, Levitre, Foxy and Asante. Any questions?

I’m a little lost as to where the money for the type of contracts these guys had would fit into our salary cap situation?

1 minute ago, texasfalconfan said:

Im not worried about the dolphins picking ahead of us but I do worry about the jets and redskins, they will take young for sure

Yep. I was hoping the Redskins would pull off a win yesterday.

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

You're one to talk about flooding the boards. You've literally ruined this thread. You made it about tanking when it had absolutely nothing to do with tanking. You're a **** cancer to these boards.

relax guys lol this losing has gotten under people's skins we need to win again 

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Tankers are a cancer to this board. 

Gonna be fun watching em get pissed with every win.

We won't win another game we are that bad. 

10 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

OK wait for them to tank for Young. Good luck bro.

I mean Bosa has been incredible. The fact is we have been one pick away from a Mack or Adrian Peterson. Truly unit changing talent. Espensa could be great but could also be the next Vic or Jamaal. It would be nice to be in that first tier for once when a season is lost anyway. Sure Young could bust but he also has the kind of upside to make the defensive line a strength immediately. 

Also let me cover your next several posts for you drunk old man:

tank

tank

tanker

tank on

tank 

tank

back in my day

tank 

tank 

tanker

I eat **** for breakfast

ChickenBiscuit and vitaman like this

5 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Yep like Abe, Rison, TonyG, Levitre, Foxy and Asante. Any questions?

Ok I see the whole 'trade for vets' has become your new 'magic draft pick' scenario so I'm just going to point out a couple of things that's going to "tank" your theory trades will cost nothing.

1. They resigned Abe to a huge deal when they traded for him so he instantly became one of the highest paid players in the league and on the team.
  2. Rison... that was before the salary cap and cap hits existed.  
  3. Levitre had the 4th highest cap hit on the team the second he was traded.
  4. Gonzalez was in the middle of an extension when the Falcons traded for him so he had anywhere from the 3rd to 5th highest cap hit on the team.
  5. Foxy?  You mean Foxworth?  What did they get?  Like 1/2 a season out of him before he signed with the Ravens in the offseason?
  6. They got one year from Asante before he called it a career.

Even if you ignored the contracts the Falcons have too many holes to trade their way out of it.

And when the Falcons have made impact trades they typically only made one a season that had any impact.  

1 hour ago, Jesus said:

It would be hilarious if the Falcons swept the NFC South.

Let this sink in, the Falcons might have a 5 game losing streak to the Saints coming into 2020, after we had 3 straight on them between 2016 and the first game in 2017. We’ve never lost 5 straight to Brees and Payton. The longest losing streak we had was 4 between 2006-2007 and 4 again between the 2nd game in 2010 and the 1st game in 2012.

Falcons probably need to trade picks for established players a la TonyG, Asante, Foxy and Levitre. Let the trading team eat the dead money and bring in NFL players that can play on day one. Not rooks that will take two or three years to get up to speed. Yall Tanker Boys will be disappointed because nobody at the Branch will be tankin. Tank on.

Nobody thinks they are going to tank, so your narrative doesn't really hold any water. Most people with any kind of sense though, think this team isn't capable of winning very many games.  Big difference, but keep on with your tanker crusade...:lol:

The Saints are going to sweep us, I have ZERO doubts about that. 

I think we could split the Bucs, but Arians could probably outcoach DQ. The Bucs just went into overtime with Seattle, so they're not THAT bad. 

I could realistically see us splitting the Bucs, Panthers and beating Jacksonville. That would put us at 4-12, and probably like a #4 or #5 pick.

The DREAM scenario is us just getting swept by everyone and finishing 1-15.

8 minutes ago, ChickenBiscuit said:

The Saints are going to sweep us, I have ZERO doubts about that. 

I think we could split the Bucs, but Arians could probably outcoach DQ. The Bucs just went into overtime with Seattle, so they're not THAT bad. 

I could realistically see us splitting the Bucs, Panthers and beating Jacksonville. That would put us at 4-12, and probably like a #4 or #5 pick.

The DREAM scenario is us just getting swept by everyone and finishing 1-15.

Remember the Seahawks game where there were 2 plays where the Falcons had multiple defenders follow a guy to the outside which left Metcalf uncovered and wide open in the endzone?

Or how about when 1/2 the Falcons defense payed really close attention to Deandre Hopkins and forgot about almost everyone else?

Do you know who's probably spent a week watching that film and devising a game plan around it?  That's right.  Sean Peyton and Drew Brees.

Yeah.  I see the Saints looking to absolutely embarrass the Falcons.  They love to kick a guy when he's down.  That Thanksgiving game is going to be UGLY!   

OK wait for them to tank for Young. Good luck bro.

So you have to resort to making strawman arguments?

I never said the Falcons players, coaches or front office were deliberately losing to secure a high draft pick.

We are just that bad.

What I did say is that losing out helps us more in the long run by being able to pick whatever player we want, as opposed to some moral victory wins that will lose us draft position and mean nothing to the team next year, which will look vastly different from roster all the way up to the Front Office.

Try again sir.

I don't think there is any chance we tank on purpose but I do think that our defensive playcalling is bad enough that we end up with a top 5 pick anyway

17 hours ago, Knight of God said:

We will have between the 4th and 8th pick

As bad as we are,I can't imagine ending up worse than Miami, Cincy, and the NY Blimps. Cleveland is looking pretty dang rough too.

18 hours ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Another tanking thread? Jeez. You were a fan before me. Can't believe you want to see us roll over for the Panties, Sucs and Aints. I think we'll finish with at least five wins. Probably picking in the 6-8 range. The draft is no saviour. Yall wanted to tank for Quinnen last year and he's on pace for 3 sacks and 4 TFLs.

I am hoping we get blown out by 40 points each game. Need the high picks to trade and turn this sorry ace franchise around. We could package a high 2nd and the pats pick for D.Swift. We could pick Young with our top 3 pick or even the LSU QB (burrow). That means we can trade several players and have room to maneuver. Its time to bench some vets and see what we have in the following players:

Grace, Qadree, Jordan Miller, and Matt Gono. 

1 hour ago, Sun Tzu 7 said:

Remember the Seahawks game where there were 2 plays where the Falcons had multiple defenders follow a guy to the outside which left Metcalf uncovered and wide open in the endzone?

Or how about when 1/2 the Falcons defense payed really close attention to Deandre Hopkins and forgot about almost everyone else?

Do you know who's probably spent a week watching that film and devising a game plan around it?  That's right.  Sean Peyton and Drew Brees.

Yeah.  I see the Saints looking to absolutely embarrass the Falcons.  They love to kick a guy when he's down.  That Thanksgiving game is going to be UGLY!   

Oh yeah, it's gonna be a slaughter. I'll tune in and watch it like a bad movie tho.

We finish 3-13 at best. We're not sweeping any of our division opponents and we'd be lucky to beat Jax.

Sun Tzu 7 likes this