Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
FalconFanSince1969

1-2 Win teams and who they play the rest of the season (pick scenarios)

91 posts in this topic

Bengals 0-8 

(Ravens, @Raiders, Steelers, Jets, @Browns, Pats, @Dolphins, Browns)

Dolphins 1-7

(@Colts, Bills, @Browns, Eagles, @Jets, @Giants, Bengals, @Pats)

Falcons 1-7

(@Saints, @Panthers, Bucs, Saints, Panthers, 49ers, Jags, Bucs)

Redskins 1-8

(Jets, Lions, @Panthers, @Packers, Eagles, Giants, @Cowboys)

Jets 1-7

(Giants, @Redskins, Raiders, @Bengals, Dolphins, @Ravens, Steelers, @Bills)

Giants 2-6

(Cowboys, @Jets, @Bears, Packers, @Eagles, Dolphins, @Redskins, Eagles)

Broncos 2-6

(Browns, @Vikings, @Bills, Chargers, @Texans, @Chiefs, Lions, Raiders)

Bucs 2-5

(@Seahawks, Cardinals, Saints, @Falcons, @Jags, Colts, @Lions, Texans, Falcons)

Browns 2-5

(@Broncos, Bills, Steelers, Dolphins, @Steelers, Bengals, @Cardinals, Raven, @Bengals)

The bolded indicates a 1-2 win team. A LOT of these teams are about to start beating each other. The only 2 win team we play is the Bucs and they're looking like they might win today. A few more losses and we might have a top 3 pick locked up.

PokerSteve likes this

Only thing we need to account for is we have the leagues highest Strength of Schedule and noone else is even close so all Falcons lose all tiebreakers so every win losses more spots then others would

PokerSteve likes this

3 minutes ago, FalconofShadows said:

Only thing we need to account for is we have the leagues highest Strength of Schedule and noone else is even close so all Falcons lose all tiebreakers so every win losses more spots then others would

Good point, luckily I don't see very many wins in there. 3-13 I think which still lands us a top 3 pick.

PokerSteve likes this

Another tanking thread? Jeez. You were a fan before me. Can't believe you want to see us roll over for the Panties, Sucs and Aints. I think we'll finish with at least five wins. Probably picking in the 6-8 range. The draft is no saviour. Yall wanted to tank for Quinnen last year and he's on pace for 3 sacks and 4 TFLs.

1 minute ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Another tanking thread? Jeez. You were a fan before me. Can't believe you want to see us roll over for the Panties, Sucs and Aints. I think we'll finish with at least five wins. Probably picking in the 6-8 range. The draft is no saviour. Yall wanted to tank for Quinnen last year and he's on pace for 3 sacks and 4 TFLs.

Nowhere did I say to lose on purpose. Take your **** elsewhere.

GhostofGritz, g-dawg, shock and 4 others like this

5 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1969 said:

Nowhere did I say to lose on purpose. Take your **** elsewhere.

I believe you and the TATF Tanker Boys will be disappointed just like last year. Tank on tankers.

7 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Quinnen is also a freaking rookie on a historically bad Jets team.

On the flipside, speaking on recent history, where were Nick Bosa and Myles Garrett taken in the draft? Those guys seem pretty good if you ask me.

10 minutes ago, FalconAge said:

Quinnen is also a freaking rookie on a historically bad Jets team.

On the flipside, speaking on recent history, where were Nick Bosa and Myles Garrett taken in the draft? Those guys seem pretty good if you ask me.

Chase Young would be a rookie just like Quinnen. Rookies don't normally save mismanaged franchises. Garrett and Bosa were drafted 1st and 2nd. I know tankers covet those slots but we aint tankin. Trust me. Where were Danielle Hunter, Frank Clark, Yannick Ngakoue, T.J. Watt, Josh Allen, Brian Burns and Chase Winovich drafted?

I'd like to see us lock up a top 5 pick with this wasted year to maximize the talent potential of our first few picks to make the best of a bad situation. However, I look at this team and it is stacked with talent which is what makes 2019 so frustrating. O-lines just do not come together that quickly especially with 2 rookies but crazy potential for next season for Ryan to have a first round wall in front of him with first round wide receivers. We have to move on from Freeman, it just isn't there any more. I wouldn't be opposed for using both two's to get back into the first round and get a beast of a first round running back. 

The issue that I see more than anything is a lack of alpha leadership in the locker room. Quinn has sucked this year but he just doesn't have that guy in his defense like he had in Seattle. Whatever money we have we need to go get a grizzled loud mouth in your face leader. 

This is going to be such an interesting off season if we get into the top 5. Draft a young QB and sit a year then trade Ryan down the line for more picks? Trade out of the top 5 for a boatload of picks and kick back open the Superbowl window? 

52 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I believe you and the TATF Tanker Boys will be disappointed just like last year. Tank on tankers.

And look how things turned out this year.

Just goes to show any wins will mean absolutely nothing.

Everyone is still getting fired. People are still getting cut.

Falcons will still have no cap space.

The Falcons need every pick they can get and picking higher in every round would not hurt

putnam6, PokerSteve and vitaman like this

57 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

They need to tank because TD is likely to be the one picking and the higher he picks the less likely we are going to get Troffed again not only that my restless friend this franchise needs the shot in the arm a top pick may bring. A top 3 pick also brings the possibility of trading down for more picks, which lowers the Troffed equation as well. They need picks for the defense and likely need an RB that can carry the load among a plethora of other positions. But they can't miss on those first 3 picks again and TD needs all the help he can get.

2 minutes ago, putnam6 said:

Thats how we ended up with Mrs.Beaseley

The Falcons were one pick away from Mack. And should have drafted Donald. 

Osiruz and putnam6 like this

57 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

Chase Young would be a rookie just like Quinnen. Rookies don't normally save mismanaged franchises. Garrett and Bosa were drafted 1st and 2nd. I know tankers covet those slots but we aint tankin. Trust me. Where were Danielle Hunter, Frank Clark, Yannick Ngakoue, T.J. Watt, Josh Allen, Brian Burns and Chase Winovich drafted?

LOL Quinn would have them dropping into coverage if they were Falcons LOL, but likely would be not getting all you could out of them with his DQ soft serve vanilla defense

1 hour ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

The higher you go in the draft the better the historical success rate for just about every position. Realize you are hoping for meaningless wins, and justifying it just because no prospect under the sun is a sure thing.

Look at where Danielle Hunter was selected, and tell me how other third round defensive ends compare historically to those who were chosen at the top of the first round.

By your thought pattern, a higher pick should still be more desirable than a lower pick because you can always trade down and amass more picks, meaning you have more opportunities to hit on a draft pick.

And criticizing Quinnen for not dominating as a rookie is still absurd because you don't lose your draft pick after their rookie season, and they are there as a foundation to build on for the years after.

We are in no way expecting this team to get anywhere near close to a Superbowl even if our draft knocks it out of the park, given how many holes we have, a brand new head coach, and likely a brand new system on offense and defense.

Having the one of the first few picks in any sort of sports draft is desirable to the point of being self-evident. It's hard believe I'm having to waste digital ink defending it....

Edited by FalconAge

So..... How's our momentum in 2019 going after winning those important last two games in 18?

And there’s the rub.

Tanking insinuates that a team is better than that but choose to lose.

This is not the Falcons.  They will not choose to lose they will fight.  They’ve been doing this the whole time.

But with Quinn game planning and calling the defense they have one of the worst defenses in the league.  

There is a very real chance they may win 3 games total this year.

9 minutes ago, ltstorm2 said:

So..... How's our momentum in 2019 going after winning those important last two games in 18?

He won't answer. 

Another reason to lose out is that Blank has shown he can easily be manipulated into thinking meaningless wins means something. While I don't want to lose to the Saints, if they beat us, it needs to be by 40 so changes can be made as soon as possible. 

vitaman likes this