NeonDeion

Dumbest move of the DQ Era?

89 posts in this topic

15 hours ago, NeonDeion said:

Was it letting LaFleur walk? This video is painful to watch. Could have been our 2017 offense 

We still would have had to play Brady and Bellicheck if we made the super bowl. I think I'd rather play someone else if we make it back.

Coaching: Super Bowl

Personnel: last off season. Believing that he could take the same set of personal on defense and improve. We needed playmakers on defense and we didn’t add any. How do you not add any more pass rushing talent when we have struggled to get pressure for the last couple years? It reminds of Nolan thinking he could scheme pressure instead of investing in the line.

JDaveG likes this

2 hours ago, Embrace the suck said:

Bunch of apologist brain washed none sense.

1. Yes you do fire Quinn because Elite OCs don't grow on trees, and because Quinn's defense was horrible for 2 straight seasons. We all can clearly see that was the right decision now Shanny took us to the SB inspite of Quinn. 

2. He does have a job, he's a football analyst for ESPN.

3. I think he was, and he's proving many of us to be right.

4. Sure was drafted by Mckay in 2007. Was used by TD and Smitty for YEARS and wasn't cut till 2011. Big FAIL.

5. What about Vic Bustley?

6. Jerry was not a good player. ACL is not a career ending injury and we've had several players come back from it. Panthers LB'er Thomas Davis came back from 3 knee surgeries and had a HOF type career during the same time era. He was just an epic bust and contrary to opinion was not playing well before was hurt.

7. Sean Weatherspoon wrong era of what? Drafted by TD and was a bust.

8. Bust.

9. Useable sure, but not worth the contract we gave him at a position which is in flux.

10. Top 5 MLB in the NFL in shutting down the run,we replaced him with high top mu****in Bartu and Worried low. Should have been retained and taken out on 3rd downs, big fail. Run defense immediately tanked for years and changed from a position of strength to one of the worst in the NFL. 

1.I don’t know if you do if anything DQ looks like a genius bringing KS onboard with him in 2015.The hindsight move is to hire KS firstly not DQ not wait until we lose in the SB.

2.Football analyst yes he does but if he is as you proclaim he’d have a full time job at least as a DC on a team wouldn’t you think?

3.Again hindsight saying your Sure he was doesn’t tell the story going into the 2017 season.

4.So your saying because MS couldn’t make ****e from shineola TD and co were the problem lol how bout try again with that one.The issue was McKay and co made a bad pick not the other way round.

5.VB 44 has failed miserably but at one point looked like a player.He has all the traits to be good but somewhere along the line he’s lost his desire to be that guy.

6.Jerry was a good player coming out and he played pretty well early.The idea that your comparing him to another guy with similar injuries means nothing .Not every player reacts the same way after injuries.Its like player development saying everyone develops at the same rate they just don’t.

7.Wrong ERA yes the thread title is about DQs biggest mistakes how is Spoon got anything to do with DQ do tell.

8.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ as above is the narrative changing here how are the Holmes & Konz picks tied to DQ ?

9.Yes we could have made a better financial decision here but Free is still serviceable.

10.shutting down the run in a passing league.How many times did Lofton get abused in coverage.Lofton didn’t have much of a career after he left the Falcons.Solid player at best.

Apologist I don’t think so just the facts how I see them.

6 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

Lets be real if Lafleur would of stayed with us he probably would left for a HC job and this cycle would of stayed the same anyway

Maybe... but we might have had that extra little something in 2017 when we had a second chance to get back to the SB. We also would have had 17-18 with continuity with Shanahan's offense and the chance to develop another guy and promote from within again from the same staff.

Precyse and Osiruz like this

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

1.I don’t know if you do if anything DQ looks like a genius bringing KS onboard with him in 2015.The hindsight move is to hire KS firstly not DQ not wait until we lose in the SB.

2.Football analyst yes he does but if he is as you proclaim he’d have a full time job at least as a DC on a team wouldn’t you think?

3.Again hindsight saying your Sure he was doesn’t tell the story going into the 2017 season.

4.So your saying because MS couldn’t make ****e from shineola TD and co were the problem lol how bout try again with that one.The issue was McKay and co made a bad pick not the other way round.

5.VB 44 has failed miserably but at one point looked like a player.He has all the traits to be good but somewhere along the line he’s lost his desire to be that guy.

6.Jerry was a good player coming out and he played pretty well early.The idea that your comparing him to another guy with similar injuries means nothing .Not every player reacts the same way after injuries.Its like player development saying everyone develops at the same rate they just don’t.

7.Wrong ERA yes the thread title is about DQs biggest mistakes how is Spoon got anything to do with DQ do tell.

8.^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ as above is the narrative changing here how are the Holmes & Konz picks tied to DQ ?

9.Yes we could have made a better financial decision here but Free is still serviceable.

10.shutting down the run in a passing league.How many times did Lofton get abused in coverage.Lofton didn’t have much of a career after he left the Falcons.Solid player at best.

Apologist I don’t think so just the facts how I see them.

Yeah admittedly I thought this was about TD, My mistake. still some of those answers make no sense lol. Peria Jerry was horrible when he played. 

kiwifalcon likes this

18 hours ago, Falcanuck said:

Uhhhh why? He would develop brain damage or something? 

If he stayed here, this is unquestionable. We've all gotten some form of brain damage just from watching these nipple heads.

1 hour ago, Embrace the suck said:

Yeah admittedly I thought this was about TD, My mistake. still some of those answers make no sense lol. Peria Jerry was horrible when he played. 

Peria Jerry blew his knee out after 3-4 games in his rookie season if I recall correctly.He wasn’t bad just not the same guy when he came back.

Potential was there early but just never kicked on after thee above.

Schwarzwald likes this

8 hours ago, kenn.junior said:

Lets be real if Lafleur would of stayed with us he probably would left for a HC job and this cycle would of stayed the same anyway

And, it’s an unknown to believe he was any more qualified and ready instead of Sark; given he took a year to work under/with McVay and then had a learning experience first time as OC last year.

No guarantee 2017 would’ve been any better than Sark managed. :shrug:

1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

Peria Jerry blew his knee out after 3-4 games in his rookie season if I recall correctly.He wasn’t bad just not the same guy when he came back.

Potential was there early but just never kicked on after thee above.

0 sacks, 0 QB hits, 0 impact. 

Dumbest move DQ ever did was trying to sell those garbage burgers and fries when most people just go there for Blizzards anyway.

48 minutes ago, black_floyd said:

Dumbest move DQ ever did was trying to sell those garbage burgers and fries when most people just go there for Blizzards anyway.

That's awful.

The onion rings are actually good though LOL

black_floyd likes this

Not making LaFleur the OC was utterly ridiculous, and even more stupid given that we wanted the OC to run the same system. Hiring Sark and forcing him to try to learn and implements another coaches system was never going to work, and made no sense given that already had members of Shanahan’s coaching tree actually on the staff. OK so he wouldn’t be here today if we’d promoted him to OC, but that doesn’t take away from the fact we made a horrible decision.

Schwarzwald and vitaman like this

There are some good ones here, but how about contracts for

Julio

Freeman

Trufant

Those are going to cripple our ability to turn this thing around. At least Beasley's is only hurting us this year.

Dumbest move was sticking by Beasley, when Beasley didnt show for off season work outs DQ should have cut ties. VB is a 2nd tier pass rusher, he needs  big presence in the middle or on the other end to be impactful, he was not a number 8 pick. He will go down in Falcons history as another Aundrey Bruce, Jamaal Anderson type pick. And anyone in front office who had anything to do with any one of these two picks should not still be employed. You can miss on late round picks but you gotta hit top 10. 

Edited by Refried Beans

rugger- Julio contract was on Blank, dont be fooled, that was ALL Blank and McKay, TD and DQ had already drafted Ridley to replace Julio.  Blank and McKay screwed the coach on that move. And that move was a big reason why Pioli split because he was tired on Blank and McKay getting in the way. Pioli wont say this because he's looking for another job but that's why he left. He knew Blank's stupidity put Falcons behind the eight ball for three years at least and the move divided the team. All Falcons problems started when Julio held out last year. Not very Brotherhood like. And down we went. All mojo was lost. And now you got Julio standing there defending DQ, come on man get real.  

LaFleur not being named OC should make it clear to everyone on this board that McKay still pulls the strings. Tampa trash hiring Tampa trash. 

6 minutes ago, Refried Beans said:

rugger- Julio contract was on Blank, dont be fooled, that was ALL Blank and McKay, TD and DQ had already drafted Ridley to replace Julio.  Blank and McKay screwed the coach on that move. And that move was a big reason why Pioli split because he was tired on Blank and McKay getting in the way. Pioli wont say this because he's looking for another job but that's why he left. He knew Blank's stupidity put Falcons behind the eight ball for three years at least and the move divided the team. All Falcons problems started when Julio held out last year. Not very Brotherhood like. And down we went. All mojo was lost. And now you got Julio standing there defending DQ, come on man get real.  

When did Julio hold out?

Schwarzwald likes this